Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

On 9/19/2019 at 10:05 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Just make this guy the logo and color him in, and you can roll with him for another 50 years. Just get rid of the grass underneath him. I'd also be happy if their sleeve stripes were similar to what's her in this design. 

Fun fact- one of my professors in college worked for the Browns for years, before and after the move. He was in on the design process for the "new logo" and he suggested the elf or the bulldog logo as the new primary logo.

He suggested to keep the helmet the same, but make one of those logos the primary. They could switch some of the helmet logos out for the "new logo", but still use the helmet logo as a secondary logo.

Obviously, they didn't listen and it cost them millions of dollars to update the stadium and their training facility in Berea having a brown facemask and an oranger helmet.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/8/2019 at 12:13 PM, scgolfer1976 said:

The Browns are definitely going to the running elf logo that you're seeing on Freddy's t-shirt. It's going to be the new primary logo. Dorsey is the one driving the return to tradition. It's happening. 

Really? Is that based on the fact that both Freddie and OBJ have worn that shirt with the Elf logo a number of times, conjecture, or are you hearing something?

1 hour ago, sealbrownandorange said:

Really? Is that based on the fact that both Freddie and OBJ have worn that shirt with the Elf logo a number of times, conjecture, or are you hearing something?

Don’t trust random posters that have never posted before about new uniforms.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

Thankfully the 5 year nightmare comes to an end this Sunday.

Only to start another nightmare is my concern. These are the Browns we're talking about. Ideally, they go back to the old uniform style and leave it at that. I'm even OK with simply adding white pants to the CR set or using the current colors on the old set. My fear is that we're going to get a "respect the past, embrace the future" look with dumb striping patterns and a proprietary number font. All of which will look really stupid on what is supposed to be a "traditional" uniform. I hope I'm wrong. 

BB52Big.jpg

I think we will get an overcorrection in the other direction. In the couple times they’ve said anything about next year’s uniforms, the phrase the Browns have used is “nothing fancy.” There will probably be some complaints similar to what we heard when Jacksonville unveiled its current set, but the backlash will be minimal compared to when the Browns released their 2015-19 disasters.

My prediction: The current color rush, only with white numbers and the current wordmark. Brown numbers return to the white jerseys. All sets have brown/orange (no white) stripes. And given the players’ complaints about the lack of flexibility in the current numbers—thick font, shadow and an additional outline—I would be stunned if they don’t revert back to a thinner, single-color athletic block.

16 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

I think we will get an overcorrection in the other direction. In the couple times they’ve said anything about next year’s uniforms, the phrase the Browns have used is “nothing fancy.” There will probably be some complaints similar to what we heard when Jacksonville unveiled its current set, but the backlash will be minimal compared to when the Browns released their 2015-19 disasters.

My prediction: The current color rush, only with white numbers and the current wordmark. Brown numbers return to the white jerseys. All sets have brown/orange (no white) stripes. And given the players’ complaints about the lack of flexibility in the current numbers—thick font, shadow and an additional outline—I would be stunned if they don’t revert back to a thinner, single-color athletic block.

I too wonder if they will over-simplify the look. Maybe a 90s inspired look with only 2 stripes showing and lowered shoulder numbers. I know that set technically had 5 stripes, but most jerseys only showed 2.

51PTm1whpIL._SY445_.jpg

...or like you said, go with the older color rush style stripes.

It's safe to say that they're going to either keep the current number font or get another custom one along the lines of the Jags.  When was the last unveiling of the modern era that used an off-the-shelf block font?  I guess the 49ers did, but that's a literal throwback, and I'm assuming that's not what we're getting here.

I think I wouldn't mind the super-round numbers from the 50s, but expect something like Jacksonville or the current just with no stupid upshadow.

Hoping the contrasting stitching goes away.  Don't mind if the stripe across the front stays - It's a good way to still have stripes even with shrinking sleeves.

Keep this jersey, just remove LOLCLEVELAND, remove the stitching and upshadow, make the nuber brown, and take LOLBROWNS off the pants.  I'd also make the facemask gray, but I suppose most people prefer the brown.

Improving-Cleveland-Browns-hand-Carolina

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/28/2019 at 12:03 AM, CitizenTino said:

This is exactly what I think, too. The pattern for redesigns in the current NFL seems to be like a pendulum swinging. If the uniform getting a make-over was fairly traditional/plain, the redesign goes more to the modern (this happened in Tampa, somewhat in Tennessee, and with the initial Cleveland and Jacksonville redesigns) but if the uniform getting reworked was an already derided modern set, the redo will be in the other direction (Minnesota, arguably in Detroit, and with the second go around in Miami and Jacksonville). My guess is that with the rightful hate this current mess has gotten, along with Cleveland's self-image as a tough, no nonsense, blue-collar town, the new uniform will get a lot of the same complaints on this board that the Jaguars have been getting. 

I think it will be fairly plain (they will say "clean"... that's the current buzzword for plain), single layer numbers, definitely a custom font but one based off a block. Stripe-less jerseys and pants, especially plain white pants, would not surprise me .  One thing I would most definitely predict is that there will be no rubber stamp return of any previous look. No return to the 70's, 80's 90's, no "just make the color rush the new uniform", no quick and easy return.  That just isn't how these things are done these days.  That would be seen as a missed marketing opportunity.   And I guess logically, it would be.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This is exactly what I think, too. The pattern for redesigns in the current NFL seems to be like a pendulum swinging. If the uniform getting a make-over was fairly traditional/plain, the redesign goes more to the modern (this happened in Tampa, somewhat in Tennessee, and with the initial Cleveland and Jacksonville redesigns) but if the uniform getting reworked was an already derided modern set, the redo will be in the other direction (Minnesota, arguably in Detroit, and with the second go around in Miami and Jacksonville). My guess is that with the rightful hate this current mess has gotten, along with Cleveland's self-image as a tough, no nonsense, blue-collar town, the new uniform will get a lot of the same complaints on this board that the Jaguars have been getting. 

I think it will be fairly plain (they will say "clean"... that's the current buzzword for plain), single layer numbers, definitely a custom font but one based off a block. Stripe-less jerseys and pants, especially plain white pants, would not surprise me .  One thing I would most definitely predict is that there will be no rubber stamp return of any previous look. No return to the 70's, 80's 90's, no "just make the color rush the new uniform", no quick and easy return.  That just isn't how these things are done these days.  That would be seen as a missed marketing opportunity.   And I guess logically, it would be.

If they listen to the fans, there should be sleeve stripes. Something along the lines of Florida's or Ohio State's jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived