Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

17 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

I think the jersey/pants color combos should be as followed, assuming the Helmet would be red...

Home: Black/White

Away: White/White

Home Alt: Red/Silver(Throwback)

Away Alt: White/black

I know there will be multiple pants options, possibly 3. That makes for a variety of ways to freshen up the look every week, without going overboard. A red, color shifting helmet would be very slick in my opinion. I love the Jets helmet, and can imagine how beautiful it would be in red.

Why the hell would they need to "freshen" up the look every week when they've redesigned unis? They need to be simple.

Red or Black helmet. If Red white facemask.

Red or Black top for home, the other color can be alt since there will always be an alt.

White top road.

Silver pants with black red striping similar to sleeves.

In later years to "freshen up" the look you can then add alternate color pants, but right off the gate stick to 1.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Why the hell would they need to "freshen" up the look every week when they've redesigned unis? They need to be simple.

Red or Black helmet. If Red white facemask.

Red or Black top for home, the other color can be alt since there will always be an alt.

White top road.

Silver pants with black red striping similar to sleeves.

In later years to "freshen up" the look you can then add alternate color pants, but right off the gate stick to 1.

I think your reading comprehension is lacking. What I'm clearly saying is, Arthur Blank and others involved have alluded to multiple pants  options for different combinations across the board. These are their words. "Freshen up" means you can wear all white on the road one week, then white over black the next time. Kinda easy to understand.

20 hours ago, joekono said:

Does this mean he's gonna have a 56 point lead in the Super Bowl and continuously throw the ball.:bonk:

Hopefully at that point, Matt Ryan just takes it over and is like, "NO. We're running it." and starts going triple option like his high school days.

That being said, I don't blame Quinn for that game. I blame Shanahan.

On 2/19/2020 at 12:40 PM, L10nheart404 said:

I think your reading comprehension is lacking. What I'm clearly saying is, Arthur Blank and others involved have alluded to multiple pants  options for different combinations across the board. These are their words. "Freshen up" means you can wear all white on the road one week, then white over black the next time. Kinda easy to understand.

Reading comprehension isnt the issue. It's more so lack of actually reading anything other than your particular comment. 

If this is indeed straight from the horses mouth then I blame the organization on over complicating something that should be fairly simple. They tried to do that with the current look, but thankfully the black pants died fairly quickly. 

I will double on my statement that simple is really the way to go. Theres no need for multiple pant options unless they're talking the alts being throwbacks.

3 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Reading comprehension isnt the issue. It's more so lack of actually reading anything other than your particular comment. 

If this is indeed straight from the horses mouth then I blame the organization on over complicating something that should be fairly simple. They tried to do that with the current look, but thankfully the black pants died fairly quickly. 

I will double on my statement that simple is really the way to go. Theres no need for multiple pant options unless they're talking the alts being throwbacks.

I mean, I agree somewhat. But hey, I'm only relaying what's been said by people directly involved. 

On 2/19/2020 at 12:15 PM, Carasik said:

QMx8UeL.jpg

this...this is not bad

it won’t look as tough minus that visor, but this makes me feel like Red could be okay if done this way.

still think they should do a dark silver ala Colorado/XFL Houston Roughnecks.  Black/Red/White logo would pop off of that like crazy.  

7 hours ago, Carasik said:

Hopefully at that point, Matt Ryan just takes it over and is like, "NO. We're running it." and starts going triple option like his high school days.

That being said, I don't blame Quinn for that game. I blame Shanahan.

While I totally agree that Ryan(when he heard a throwing play called in his helmet), should have tripped and fell on 2nd down, clock still running and in FG range and on third down just throw the out over Julio's head so high, kick the FG and probably win. Shanahan did call the play, and as we saw in the Bowl this year, he's still doesn't get it, BUT QUINN IS THE HEAD COACH and should have just taken over and used common sense there. I would have fired Quinn the next day. Obviously, as you pointed out, Shanahan does deserve blame here and now he comes off a NFC Championship game of running we haven't seen in god knows how long, and he blows it.

There are definitely going to be multiple pant combinations. It's already been mentioned by Matthew Tabeek in his blog -- he's the official content writer for the team. Also, it's been said the players were consulted about this and I promise you the one thing Falcons players hated was the white-on-white away uniforms. They weren't flattering ... something about how the stripes tapered across the sides and the lack of breakup with colored pants. 

You're going to get multiple combinations. 

7 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

There are definitely going to be multiple pant combinations. It's already been mentioned by Matthew Tabeek in his blog -- he's the official content writer for the team. Also, it's been said the players were consulted about this and I promise you the one thing Falcons players hated was the white-on-white away uniforms. They weren't flattering ... something about how the stripes tapered across the sides and the lack of breakup with colored pants. 

You're going to get multiple combinations. 

They also hated how in natural grass fields, the seat of hte pants always made them look like they wet themselves. 

8 hours ago, joekono said:

While I totally agree that Ryan(when he heard a throwing play called in his helmet), should have tripped and fell on 2nd down, clock still running and in FG range and on third down just throw the out over Julio's head so high, kick the FG and probably win. Shanahan did call the play, and as we saw in the Bowl this year, he's still doesn't get it, BUT QUINN IS THE HEAD COACH and should have just taken over and used common sense there. I would have fired Quinn the next day. Obviously, as you pointed out, Shanahan does deserve blame here and now he comes off a NFC Championship game of running we haven't seen in god knows how long, and he blows it.

Sure. that would have been great. But no one thought about it. 

And Quinn never called offensive plays. The bigger issue I had was they kept snapping the ball with 15 seconds left instead of leaning on the clock like Belichick would have done. I get being aggressive, but kicking a FG on 4th after downing it 3 times would have been my move.

Archived