Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

On 2/14/2020 at 11:09 AM, AndrewMLind said:

I grew up with the Falcons wearing black helmets, so I hope that continues to be the case with their new uniforms. I will say, however, I would be more than okay if they went with that color-shifting (New York Jets-style) shade of red — but with a black facemask. It's when you get into the plastic-looking red that I don't personally care for (a la the Georgia Bulldogs or Kansas City Chiefs).

This would be the worst thing they could do, Instead of using black or red, it would be using a color-shifting red which never actually matches any color on the uniforms. This is the biggest flaw with the new Jets uniforms. It might look cool as a concept or a replica helmet for fans to buy, but it looks bad as part of a uniform.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Falcons traditional look and the more black the better IMO.I don't mind them in a red home jersey, but that should be the most red they have. If you go red jersey, it needs a black helmet. Red helmet/Red Jersey is the only way to really screw this up. It's very doubtful they would do this.

Home: Black helmet, Black jersey, dull silver pants, noticeable red accents

Road: White jersey, dull silver pants, either red or black numerals are fine here.

The Falcons look good in a minimalist black/silver/red combination.

The Seahawks looks great.  Would probably look better with the navy pants.

The Patriots one does look like dirty laundry.  Silver is tough to pull off.  Seattle has the benefit of not having to match a silver helmet.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

IMO silver/gray football jerseys always look bad. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just looks like somebody screwed up the laundry.

Cause they use dark numbers... One of the only times the color theory rules can be bent is using silver/gold numbers on white - with appropriate outlining (raiders and saints throwbacks) and using white numbers on silver/grey/gold jerseys - again with appropriate outline..

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

The Falcons logo needs to be toned down on the red spikes.

I hope they get a new logo that's modernized, but is a better nod to their original logo, without going full throwback.

Basically, the Arizona Cardinals.

Why not?  Afterall, the New York Jets did copy the Saskatchewan Rough Riders.  

6 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

What I meant to say was the Falcons should clean up/modernize their original logo like the Cardinals did.

That logo does need to modernize.  I was surprised they didn't change uniforms and logos when they moved into their new stadium.  

59 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

What I meant to say was the Falcons should clean up/modernize their original logo like the Cardinals did.

I agree 100%. I always felt like the new logo went way to far with the update/redesign and became a robo-falcon instead.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

What I want Atlanta to do

deionfalcons89pf-1_large.jpg?v=149626489

What Atlanta will actually do

Screen_Shot_2015-07-23_at_9.15.29_AM.0.0.png

Ehh... I guess pessimism runs deep in this thread lol. I've dropped my expectations, and will just hope for the best, that way I won't be disappointed. FWIW... Falcons personnel that are directly involved with the uniforms, and have seen them, say they're very slick and tasteful. They also mentioned not wanting to look like a college team, so there's that.

21 hours ago, TheOldRoman said:

This would be the worst thing they could do, Instead of using black or red, it would be using a color-shifting red which never actually matches any color on the uniforms. This is the biggest flaw with the new Jets uniforms. It might look cool as a concept or a replica helmet for fans to buy, but it looks bad as part of a uniform.

We’ve already established it’s difficult to color match across different materials, and I could also argue you’d have a similar issue with any anodized, satin, chrome or metallic paint, too. In this specific situation, like the Jets did with their green, you just make the red darker to complement the color-shifting helmet. Personally, I’d rather see a deoxygenated blood red than a bright red anyway.

14 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Why not?  Afterall, the New York Jets did copy the Saskatchewan Rough Riders.  

spacer.pngspacer.png

Y'know, saying this again and again doesn't make it true. How many different designs can you get from green and white (and black)?

Slashes on shoulder? NYJ yes, SASK no.

Side jersey panels? NYJ no, SASK yes.

Custom number font? NYJ yes, SASK no.

Black combo? NYJ yes, SASK no. 

Metallic helmet? NYJ yes, SASK no. 

Give it a rest! 

Archived