Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

44 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I think you're better off just sticking with the idea that if you're from Atlanta the ATL works for you, and it's a local pride thing, and you don't care if anybody else likes it... That's all fine. You might be getting into a bit of trouble with insisting it's some nationally known brand, and everybody else should be into it.

If people from Atlanta like it, awesome. But those people might try to understand that to the rest of us, it comes off a bit like the kid in middle school who isn't quite as cool as he thinks he is and tries to give himself a nickname.

Where did I try to get anyone to like it? You're pulling stuff out of the air... The only reason it was mentioned as veining a basically known brand, was to say it's not offensive to have it on the Jersey, and it has relevance in these parts. If you haven't been around for the last 30 years to see the rise of Atlanta as a city, might want to come from under that rock.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

Born and raised in the city.. Where have you been since the 90s?

I've been right here since being born in the 60s.  The only people I hear say "ATL" are transplants but not natives and not that often at that either in personal life or business.

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, those Nike fonts... WTH?  I'm trying to do a minimal type fix, and here's what I came up with.  The top is a close approximation of the new font... probably isn't exact but should be close.  The bottom is my "fix"... I added the beak to the 7, which was the other obvious spot that it was inexplicably left off.  And I exaggerated the curved corners slightly where they made sense, and removed the vague curve where they didn't.  It's subtle, but I think better;

spacer.png

i think the actual numbers have wider verticals than what you have here, but the changes look improved to me

and speaking of verticals, thats what i mostly dislike about the drop shadow. there is this sense of vertical movement with the side stripes and gradient jersey. it would make more sense to me to move the drop shadow under the numbers — rather than at the side — to play into that. and it might be why the "9" looks particularly out of place. theres a horizontal "beak" of it rather than a vertical

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

16 minutes ago, dont care said:

Still wondering how Atlanta is the “capitol of the south” Or really any city in the south could be classified that way.

It's just a major hub. Nearly all major air traffic goes through it, and it's within a day's drive from nearly every big city in the South.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

I've been right here since being born in the 60s.  The only people I hear say "ATL" are transplants but not natives and not that often at that either in personal life or business.

Well, I can't help you if you don't understand. It's deeply rooted in the fabric of the city.

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It's just a major hub. Nearly all major air traffic goes through it, and it's within a day's drive from nearly every big city in the South.

Not to mention the amount of Fortune 500 company headquarters, the film industry, some of the top attractions in the country, CFB Hall of Fame, the Civil rights history,  etc...

8 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

Well, I can't help you if you don't understand. It's deeply rooted in the fabric of the city.

I understand it just fine and don't need any help.  I still don't like it and don't hear it spoken often.  Nothing changes that.

4 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

I understand it just fine and don't need any help from you.  I still don't like it and don't hear it spokent often.  Nothing changes that.

Who the hell cares if you like it or hear it? I never cared about that, that's so far from the point that was being made. Your daily interactions, and attention will reflect YOUR opinion. It's not like you surveyed all of Atlanta, or Georgia, and asked their opinion, so stop trying to make me wrong just because you have a different perspective on this matter. I have a different perspective as well. I've lived in the city as well as the outskirts, and my opinion is shaped by what I'VE heard and seen while growing up here.

4 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

We're talking about it being relevant enough to warrant a prominent place on the uniforms, and clearly it does.

I don't care how prominent it is. I don't think it should be on a uniform if it's not a two letter monogram for a two word locale. Stuff like ATL and PHX looks minor league to me. 

Just now, IceCap said:

I don't care how prominent it is. I don't think it should be on a uniform if it's not a two letter monogram for a two word locale. Stuff like ATL and PHX looks minor league to me. 

Again, that's YOUR opinion. Doesn't make either of us right or wrong. But , as I've stated, It's on the uniforms, and it's saying because it's relevant. Like it or not.

4 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

It's on the Hawks jersey , and now the Falcons... Seems you are forgetting what the debate is about. The point was made to say the ATL above the numbers isn't as stupid  and pointless as some people want it to be. 

That seems to be in direct contradiction to what you said right here:

18 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

But "ATL" is said in a lot of music, movies..etc. Its probably up there with LA, as far as abbreviations go.

Which is what I was quoting and directly referring to. 

If the debate is about ATL on the Falcons uniform then here’s my opinion. I think “ATL” looks incredibly stupid on the Falcons uniform, but that’s only because I hate all wordmarks on NFL uniforms. It looks unprofessional. 

Incidentally, I really like ATL on the Hawks’ uniform though. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Just now, Ridleylash said:

Would every Leafs or Raptors jersey be improved with a big ol THE 416 slapped right on the front of it?

Now we're just coming up with anything. That doesn't even belong in the same category lol. Only people in Canada, or the northern region, would instantly recognize it.

18 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

I'm over the "if you're not from here you don't understand" argument. And this isn't just about the ATL thing, the Falcons, or Atlanta. It's a tired argument almost every fanbase (even my own) tosses out now and then. 

Local culture exists of course, but very few places are so special that you just have to be "from here" to understand them. 

2 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

Now we're just coming up with anything. That doesn't even belong in the same category lol. Only people in Canada, or the northern region, would instantly recognize it.

😜

1 minute ago, L10nheart404 said:

If people in Atlanta love "ATL" so much as to slap it on their sports jerseys, why can't the people in Toronto love "The 416" enough to do it on theirs?

Archived