Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ATL/wing hybrid logo has been around for quite a while, but not used in any significant capacity so it’s flown under the radar.

I couldn’t find any official announcement on it, but here’s a blog post from a decade ago acknowledging it.

http://bmac25blog.blogspot.com/2010/08/2010-nfl-alternates-and-throwbacks.html?m=1

23 hours ago, Gobbi said:

For anyone who's looking to buy a jersey (in general, not just the Falcons) and not sure what level to choose, the Limited is the most comfortable and best fitting football jersey I've ever owned.

I have a Game from 2013, two Limited with the flywire collar (speed template?) and two of the newest Limited (vapor?). And the newer Limited are definitely my favorite.

The game fits like a baggy t-shirt and the sleeves are huge, I'd recommend going a size down. The Limited with flywire fits better but it's still a little baggy. The non-flywire definitely fit the best. It's the most true to size and the sleeves aren't like a jersey out of a 2000s rap video like the Game is.

Granted I haven't bought or even tried on a Game besides the one that I own so I'm not sure if they've gotten any better since 2013, but I'd most definitely recommend the Limited, especially with the new template.

24 minutes ago, VikWings said:

I have a Game from 2013, two Limited with the flywire collar (speed template?) and two of the newest Limited (vapor?). And the newer Limited are definitely my favorite.

The game fits like a baggy t-shirt and the sleeves are huge, I'd recommend going a size down. The Limited with flywire fits better but it's still a little baggy. The non-flywire definitely fit the best. It's the most true to size and the sleeves aren't like a jersey out of a 2000s rap video like the Game is.

Granted I haven't bought or even tried on a Game besides the one that I own so I'm not sure if they've gotten any better since 2013, but I'd most definitely recommend the Limited, especially with the new template.

Yes . A Flywire Limited size S equals pretty much to a Vapor Limited size M

On 4/17/2020 at 3:55 PM, Ridleylash said:

Hot damn, that's a load of Nikespeak(tm). 😛

"The transition from black to red on our Rise Up™ alternates represents how we went from having a twenty-five point lead in the Super Bowl to losing by six."

7 hours ago, IceCap said:

"The transition from black to red on our Rise Up™ alternates represents how we went from having a twenty-five point lead in the Super Bowl to losing by six."

How differently would we view the Patriots had Atlanta dismantled New England the way they should have and won that game AND Pete Carroll hadn’t had Russell Wilson throw THAT pass and instead had Marshawn Lynch punch in the game-winning TD in the SB against the Seahawks?

30 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

How differently would we view the Patriots had Atlanta dismantled New England the way they should have and won that game AND Pete Carroll hadn’t had Russell Wilson throw THAT pass and instead had Marshawn Lynch punch in the game-winning TD in the SB against the Seahawks?

The same. They still won 4 Super Bowls even if those two didn’t go their way.

ExJworW.png

1 minute ago, mafiaman said:

Jim Kelly was fantastic.  Agreed.

Back on topic...Falcons new uniforms still suck.  

Debatable. Like everything here is. They’re okay at best. Mid-to-lower pack in terms of overall NFL uniforms. Could be better, but not bad. I see them as an attempt to meld together their predecessor and the uniforms prior to that.

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Debatable. Like everything here is. They’re okay at best. Mid-to-lower pack in terms of overall NFL uniforms. Could be better, but not bad. I see them as an attempt to meld together their predecessor and the uniforms prior to that.

They're clean at least, not too busy. I like Michigan State's number font, it closely mirrors the falcons wordmark. A few modifications to make all the numbers cohesive , would've been idea for the Falcons Sportslogos-Template-1-590x240.pngMichigan%20state%20uniform_1487202188227

12 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

They're clean at least, not too busy. I like Michigan State's number font, it closely mirrors the falcons wordmark. A few modifications to make all the numbers cohesive , would've been idea for the Falcons Sportslogos-Template-1-590x240.pngMichigan%20state%20uniform_1487202188227

I remember when Nike really started hammering down on college football designs, it seemed like that font was their go-to for everything. It’s not something the Falcons should flirt with now or in the future. I like new number font as it is, but I also think I would’ve like a more traditional approach to the number font.

A variation of this would’ve been perfect for the Falcons-

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I remember when Nike really started hammering down on college football designs, it seemed like that font was their go-to for everything. It’s not something the Falcons should flirt with now or in the future. I like new number font as it is, but I also think I would’ve like a more traditional approach to the number font.

A variation of this would’ve been perfect for the Falcons-

spacer.png

Oh I like the new numbers more than most. The Brewers numbers are fine, just a little unique, so I see nothing that would time it to the Falcons. Nonetheless, they're both solid fonts

On 4/19/2020 at 10:12 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

The same. They still won 4 Super Bowls even if those two didn’t go their way.

Personally, I think that loss would have probably convinced him to A) go somewhere else or B ) retire.  That would have been his 3rd Super Bowl loss in a row (Giants x 2, Seattle). He'd have gone somewhere else and who knows what he wins then.* 

I also think that win vs Seattle gave that franchise a 2nd wind. That was the catalyst for the 2nd part of the dynasty. 

Tom Brady, man. When you win a Super Bowl, you play house money. He's been playing with house money since year '01. So, glad he's out of our division.  

*my alternate universe.   

On 4/19/2020 at 9:42 AM, mafiaman said:

It would be just as reasonable to project two more rings from their Giants matchups tho...

Archived