Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

4 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Probably 5-6 years ago I really began to notice the use of “DMV”. At first I was like “Why the hell is everyone obsessed with the Department of Motor Vehicles? Then I realized it was an abbreviation for three states to which I thought were Delaware Maryland & Virginia. Well, turns out I was 2/3rds right because the stood for District of Columbia.

To an outside citizen with no understanding of DMV you’d probably think it’s pretty stupid to use Washington DC instead of Delaware considering you’d have to also understand that people in the area refer to it as The District as well.

Hell, I’m front one part of the DMV and it’s odd to me still.

My point is, to an outside citizen of Atlanta and even a civilian sports fan not knowing the Falcons reside in Atlanta, the use of “ATL” is wonky as all hell and serves no purpose to national team branding. The random dude who casually walks into a third party NFL apparel store and sees a Falcons jersey is probably going to wonder “Who the hell is ‘ATL’?”

Same here.  When the XFL was still working on their team identities but had announced the cities, I kept seeing "Defend the DMV" on the DC forum page.  I finally posted "Is the Department of Motor Vehicles under assault?" jokingly and someone explained it.  You learn something new every day.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I first heard "DMV" from House on the Bill Simmons podcast and I feel like he's excessively trying to make DMV a thing. But that seems to me more like suburbanites trying to latch on to cool factor of DC proper. That said, I think DC is profoundly uncool, so good luck with all of that. 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Sorry folks, but nobody is winning any arguments right now.  You're all participating in your own separate, parallel debates. 

- ATL is a well-known and nationally recognizable abbreviation for Atlanta. 

- LA and NYC are bigger cities with well-known and even more recognizable abbreviations. 

- A big fat ATL looks silly and sorta amateurish when slapped on the front of an NFL jersey. 

Each of these things is largely true. None of these things make any of the other things any less true. 

28 minutes ago, DPHF said:

Sorry folks, but nobody is winning any arguments right now.  You're all participating in your own separate, parallel debates. 

- LA and NYC are bigger cities with well-known and even more recognizable abbreviations. 

- A big fat ATL looks silly and sorta amateurish when slapped on the front of an NFL jersey. 

Each of these things is largely true. None of these things make any of the other things any less true. 

Danny Devito Smiling GIF

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, DPHF said:

Well damn I think you cured opinions

spacer.png

4 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I first heard "DMV" from House on the Bill Simmons podcast and I feel like he's excessively trying to make DMV a thing. But that seems to me more like suburbanites trying to latch on to cool factor of DC proper. That said, I think DC is profoundly uncool, so good luck with all of that. 

DMV has been a thing for about as long as I've been old enough to recognize such things, which is several decades.  Unlike the ubiquitous DC abbreviation (which is used almost exclusively for Washington), DMV is probably not well known outside of the... well, DMV, or maybe the northeast megalopolis.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 hours ago, MattMill said:

can someone Photoshop different sock colors on these please 

spacer.png

Anything to break up the leotard look would make this 100 times more acceptable. 

Even half color/half white socks the linemen still wear. 

@MattMill I got your back...can anyone help this man out?  I’d be curious to see these as well.

I asked my wife & daughter about ATL they had no clue what I was referring to however my son did but he is really into NFL & pop culture. I think if you are not into music & sports you really will not get the connection. Granted that is a small survey but I can think of several more people I could ask & they will not have a clue either. We are three hours away from Atlanta & a long way from LA but they know instantly i'm talking about Los Angeles if I say those two letters. 

Do you guys think the NFL would permit the red helmet only for throwback purposes or do you see it being allowed as a true alternate to mix and match with the regular set?

Someone mocked this up with a red lid and it looks okay. I don’t love the satin finish in this shade of red, though. It doesn’t look bright enough to me. A different finish and I would probably love it.

spacer.png

Here are a few more looks at the retail jerseys in various styles.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Lastly, I believe the #6 is the last digit that we haven’t seen yet. It looks identical to the #9, simply flipped.

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

I asked my wife & daughter about ATL they had no clue what I was referring to however my son did but he is really into NFL & pop culture. I think if you are not into music & sports you really will not get the connection. Granted that is a small survey but I can think of several more people I could ask & they will not have a clue either. We are three hours away from Atlanta & a long way from LA but they know instantly i'm talking about Los Angeles if I say those two letters. 

but isn’t the ATL your capital city since you’re in the south? Can’t believe they don’t even know your nation’s capital. President Lil John wouldn’t be happy 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

45 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Lastly, I believe the #6 is the last digit that we haven’t seen yet. It looks identical to the #9, simply flipped.

spacer.png

Man that number font and side shadow is bad. That looks like 5G

Archived