Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

1 hour ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

The retail jerseys look horrible. I thought I’d warm up to them after the retail launch but this makes me hate this design even more. These design firms have horrible foresight when thinking about stuff that fans would actually want to buy. This is definitely something that’ll only last 5 years before they “reinvent a classic” and switch to the throwback full time. 

As someone who thinks these are a downgrade, I'm starting to like them and actually think the retail jerseys lend themselves to this design more than the previous set. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kutztown said:

One thing that really bugs me is the inconsistencies of the number font.  A sharp edge at the top of the 2, but it really doesn't appear anywhere else besides I think the 9?  And the 8 that the are using is just bad.  Think they could have put more detail into the number font for sure. 

As someone pointed out to me, the "beak" is on the 3 also.  I think it's weird that it isn't on the 7... that seems like the other obvious spot.

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

classic Nike numeral design. 

That's something that they're consistently bad at.  If we're to believe the Browns mockups, they're going with rounded corners on the top and bottom of the letters, but then jagged cuts in the middle.  Like it's the Texans font on the shoulders and heels (for lack of a better term), and then standard varsity block at the medians.  I can't understand the rationale for that.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That's something that they're consistently bad at.  If we're to believe the Browns mockups, they're going with rounded corners on the top and bottom of the letters, but then jagged cuts in the middle.  Like it's the Texans font on the shoulders and heels (for lack of a better term), and then standard varsity block at the medians.  I can't understand the rationale for that.  

I can explain it quite easily: 🔥🔥🔥

/s

8 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I get where you’re coming from but we look at the Giants through a different lens because it’s a historic mark that’s been used for decades. It also happens to be the Giants primary logo whereas the Falcons use “ATL” as a secondary mark.

I’ve really come around to the “ATL.” It’s large, but not too large since it’s only 3 letters. I would probably be complaining if they used the full “ATLANTA” in a large font but it strikes a good balance of large but not obscene.

“ATL” embodies the city and its culture. Very few cities are as recognizable by its initials or acronym. As a local, I feel like it falls into that category similar to “NYC” and “LA.” Our city might not quite be on the level of stature as those cities, but saying the initials “ATL” is absolutely as recognizable as New York and Los Angeles. It’s also not something that works for all cities. The initials for Dallas, Denver, Charlotte, Miami, Seattle, New Orleans, Philly, just to name a few, don’t quite roll off the tongue the same way. When you say “ATL,” everyone knows exactly what you’re talking about.

This!

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm honestly expecting the font to match their wordmark. Take note of the rounded edges and the sharp inside cuts on the "B," "R" and "S."

brn-ltype-stack-brown-rgb.jpg

8 hours ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

The retail jerseys look horrible. I thought I’d warm up to them after the retail launch but this makes me hate this design even more. These design firms have horrible foresight when thinking about stuff that fans would actually want to buy. This is definitely something that’ll only last 5 years before they “reinvent a classic” and switch to the throwback full time. 

You’re probably right about the uniform change, but I think it looks great on the retail version. The gradient looks horrible no matter how you present it. 

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Going to cop a Grady Jarrett as soon as his stuff becomes available because 97 is one of the few numbers that is tolerable with this font

They’ve got both the black and gradient Nike Game replicas available for him:

https://www.nflshop.com/atlanta-falcons/mens-atlanta-falcons-grady-jarrett-nike-black-game-jersey/t-36608910+p-9287332088412+z-9-2652360199?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1

https://www.nflshop.com/atlanta-falcons/mens-atlanta-falcons-grady-jarrett-nike-red-2nd-alternate-game-jersey/t-25048909+p-6921334233752+z-9-2618432053?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

2 hours ago, MattMill said:

can someone Photoshop different sock colors on these please 

spacer.png

Anything to break up the leotard look would make this 100 times more acceptable. 

Even half color/half white socks the linemen still wear.

Agree completely. That would be a swift and simple measure to help salvage this look.

wS7MJ6T.png

So Tampa rescued their look, and Atlanta ruined theirs.  One dropped a hideous font, the other released an equally horrible one....chrome/silver mask, faux trendy matte-satin look, gradients....and what the hell a couple of corndogs. 

newsig.jpg

6 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Point being... It's different. No place is the same. But "ATL" is said in a lot of music, movies..etc. Its probably up there with LA, as far as abbreviations go.

Hmm, honestly speaking, do you actually think that’s the case? Or perhaps a little bit of bias?

You can make a convincing argument that Los Angeles is the only major city in the country whose abbreviation is more synonymous with the city, and used more often than the full name is itself. 

I don’t think that, save outside of Atlanta and the South, “ATL” comes even close to cultural impact that “LA” has in the US and abroad.

I’ve only heard ATL being used more prominently in just the last 10 years or so personally, (which means nothing just noting my own observations as an outsider and as someone who lives in LA). 

For the record, I don’t doubt how wide spread ATL is used in that community and throughout that part of the US. If it’s an abbreviation that is beloved in that community, then by all means use it, but to say that it’s near LA in terms of cultural impact/use is a tremendous stretch IMO.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

5 hours ago, rainmaker17 said:

So Tampa rescued their look, and Atlanta ruined theirs.  One dropped a hideous font, the other released an equally horrible one....chrome/silver mask, faux trendy matte-satin look, gradients....and what the hell a couple of corndogs. 

Then we'll wheel out our bottomless trough of FRIED DOUGH!!!!

PersonDivided-2-1.png

I don't object the Falcons for using 'ATL'. I wished more football teams had more character in the front of their uniforms. However, I would preferred it looked more like 

this

ATL

instead of 

ATL

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived