Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

They are looking a lot better on the regular non edited (or atleast limited editing) Photos. The first ones seen were way too edited and artificial looking. Matt Ryan looked about a foot taller than he should have and he just looked awkward as a result.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Dangit, these stupid things are growing on me.....

2 hours ago, dont care said:

They are looking a lot better on the regular non edited (or atleast limited editing) photos.

Time to go home, guys, you’re clearly drunk.  😃

••My Final analysis••  Black/Black combo will be a welcomed sight, and it's much better than the previous home set. Here's both for comparisonJulio-Jones-speaks-out-on-Atlanta_s-scorEVFWdWUWsAU2poa.jpgfalcons%2010.jpeg

••The away set is also very clean, and will look so vibrant in the actual sunlight. Here's another comparison usatsi_13471775.jpgfalcons15.jpeg2020-atlantafalcons-mattryan-away-portri

I thought these were some really beautiful shots that capture the vibrant, yet simple elements that make this set a solid 8/10 for me. 

Those photos help.  This is still a major upgrade and they are very clean, and I do really dig the helmets.  The satin finish helps differentiate them a little bit from the Jaguars, Ravens, and Steelers.  The ATL on the front bumper should be Red, though.

The White uni is really smooth. 

Still don't love the font.  I would've brought Grey into the jersey with those (along with a Grey pant).

They did a really good job of hiding the side panels in these photos.  Shame they just don't fix them on the uniforms.  I hate "shards".

I like the customer numerals.  I wish it had a normal stroke and not this weird shadow. 

I hate to be that guy, but it needs stripes.  It needs something.  There's a fine line between clean and unfinished, and this one looks like a compromise by attrition. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If you put a stroke around the numbers instead of the side shadow I could probably live with the numbers don't necessary love it but it is OK. The black jersey is just screaming for silver pants though if they did that these would be far more passable unfortunately we will get mono looks which would not be bad if you wore red socks at home & black socks on the road. I hate the tights sock look I miss the half color sock it is the way to go on all uniforms. 

I think if they just kept the old helmet, minus the silver outline and wore Black/White with black socks at home and wore White/Black with white socks on the road I might actually kinda like them. I don’t have a problem with the side panels or the side shadows on the numbers. The font is a little goofy but I can live with it. The ATL is too big and I’d prefer it just said Falcons or nothing at all but, whatever.

I just really hate the helmet and I reeeaaally hate the solid colored socks. I know they will mostly wear black from head to toe or white from shoulders to toe and that makes me angry, and of course the red pants should be burned. The parts I dislike I dislike so strongly that the good things can’t overcome the bad, for me anyway.

5 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

••My Final analysis••  Black/Black combo will be a welcomed sight, and it's much better than the previous home set. Here's both for comparisonJulio-Jones-speaks-out-on-Atlanta_s-scorEVFWdWUWsAU2poa.jpgfalcons%2010.jpeg

••The away set is also very clean, and will look so vibrant in the actual sunlight. Here's another comparison usatsi_13471775.jpgfalcons15.jpeg2020-atlantafalcons-mattryan-away-portri

I thought these were some really beautiful shots that capture the vibrant, yet simple elements that make this set a solid 8/10 for me. 

I take back what I said, these look like trash.

19 minutes ago, dont care said:

I take back what I said, these look like trash.

The all-black and all-white sets would be tolerable if they used different colored socks. However they won't and it will be way to much of one color on the uniform. This coming from a fan of the monochrome look, however, in order for a monochrome look to be good, the socks MUST be a different color. Otherwise, it is pure trash! 

spacer.png

7 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

2020-atlantafalcons-mattryan-away-portri

This image makes the new helmet acceptable.  The falcon isn’t ridiculously large and the silver face mask draws attention to the falcon outline on the helmet and shoulder.  

Once you scroll farther down the uniform though, the nightmare begins.

Not sure why teams want oversized helmet logos if that just means that the decal has to go over the vent holes.  That's not a good look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

29 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

This image makes the new helmet acceptable.  The falcon isn’t ridiculously large and the silver face mask draws attention to the falcon outline on the helmet and shoulder.  

Once you scroll farther down the uniform though, the nightmare begins.

Is that a silver outline around the white outline, or is that a glossy, clear material for the purpose of applying the decal? It looks - both.

It's where I sit.

6 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Is that a silver outline around the white outline, or is that a glossy, clear material for the purpose of applying the decal? It looks - both.

It’s silver, but it’s more of a foil finish than a typical metallic grey, so it will generally appear very dark, almost black in the shadow, and very bright, almost white in the light, with a high contrast break. It’s almost chrome-like. You can see the reflection of Matt Ryan’s chinstrap along the back edge of the wing.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I wonder if they could have done the bird in all black, then added a red shadow to match the numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived