Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

On 4/19/2020 at 9:12 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

The same. They still won 4 Super Bowls even if those two didn’t go their way.

I think it would be a little different.  He would have the same number of wins as Montana and Bradshaw.  Six just makes the whole topic inarguable for anyone who weighs this discussion most heavily on rings (which is most).

It is funny to think about that bad throw/playcall from Seattle being difference-making in Brady's legacy.  But that's how we tend to think.

Would Brady still be one of the greats?  Sure.  And I'd argue that 4-5 in Super Bowls is better than 4-0.  But I don't think most would declare him unarguably the all-time greatest.  And I think most do now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, C-Squared said:

It would be just as reasonable to project two more rings from their Giants matchups tho...

And the Eagles game. The Pats' three SB losses under Brady were close. He could have been a nine time champ. 6-3 is pretty damn good, but 9-0 was certainly possible given how those three losses went. 

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

And the Eagles game. The Pats' three SB losses under Brady were close. He could have been a nine time champ. 6-3 is pretty damn good, but 9-0 was certainly possible given how those three losses went. 

That is true but he could of lost all of them because they all came down to the final plays except the last Rams game & even that was closer than it should have been. Brady is great but he became great partially because when he was not that great they still won the Super Bowls. When he was actually playing like a great player he lost three out of four Super Bowls.

To me in team sports championships are really not what I use to determine greatness. I use how they play which sometimes results in the best player on the field losing. Terry Bradshaw was a good player but could he have won four super bowls on any other team. I say no way. I do give him credit for making plays though that helped that team win.

Dan Marino was my favorite player ever to watch play growing up but could he have won four Super Bowls playing for the 49ers or a team with the talent they had. More than likely but instead he played with a bunch of players that never were that great.

Barry Sanders is one of the most gifted players I have ever saw in my lifetime but nobody was going to win a championship with the 90's Detroit Lions teams. Just my .02 cents but back to the topic at hand the Falcons uniforms are still not very good.

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

I'm not sure what game you were watching, but he had zero chance in Super Bowl LII, where he lost to the Super Bowl LII Champion Philadelphia Eagles.  I read somewhere (sorry, no link, but trust me) that the network actually phoned down and told the Super Bowl LII Champion Philadelphia Eagles to keep it close enough to keep the viewing audience interested.  That's why at the end, they allowed them to come to within 8, rather than going up by 9, so as to keep the slim prospect of overtime possible, therefore appeasing the league / network.  The way I see it, it probably would have been 56-17 had they just played straight up.

5a78d6bb2d00004900943d00.jpeg?ops=scalef

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm not sure what game you were watching, but he had zero chance in Super Bowl LII, where he lost to the Super Bowl LII Champion Philadelphia Eagles.  I read somewhere (sorry, no link, but trust me) that the network actually phoned down and told the Super Bowl LII Champion Philadelphia Eagles to keep it close enough to keep the viewing audience interested.  That's why at the end, they allowed them to come to within 8, rather than going up by 9, so as to keep the slim prospect of overtime possible, therefore appeasing the league / network.  The way I see it, it probably would have been 56-17 had they just played straight up.

Sorry I’m gonna call b.s. on that. Not that you didn’t read that, but yeah no chance in hell.

17 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I personally believe that the NFL fixed Super Bowl LII to prevent the Jags and Vikings from making it. It was the perfect opportunity for a team to host it and the internet would’ve melted with Bortles memes. 

Of course I have no proof to that.

12 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Sorry I’m gonna call b.s. on that. Not that you didn’t read that, but yeah no chance in hell.

JOKE

_________

Your head

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

I personally believe that the NFL fixed Super Bowl LII to prevent the Jags and Vikings from making it. It was the perfect opportunity for a team to host it and the internet would’ve melted with Bortles memes. 

Of course I have no proof to that.

You wouldn't have to tell Jags fans that. We know Myles Jack wasn't down! His scoop and score would've put the Jags up 17 in the 4th. Tom is the GOAT and is never out of it, but that would've felt like a death blow.

This is our Zapruder film. 

AR-180918015.jpg

1501110610331.gif

Could you imagine a team with those helmets winning the Super Bowl? NFL said, "nope." 😅

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

28 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

You wouldn't have to tell Jags fans that. We know Myles Jack wasn't down! His scoop and score would've put the Jags up 17 in the 4th. Tom is the GOAT and is never out of it, but that would've felt like a death blow.

AR-180918015.jpg

1501110610331.gif

Could you imagine a team with those helmets winning the Super Bowl? NFL said, "nope." 😅

I do believe the fix was in & I am not one for conspiracy theories but I would like to publicly thank the NFL for this one. Those helmet in a Super Bowl would have been a travesty.

35 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

AR-180918015.jpg

1501110610331.gif

While I might not be a Jaguars fan, or anybody I know is a serious one, we were all pulling for this team so hard, I was so mad when they lost

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

20 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

My conspiracy is the the NFL fixing SB 50 to go the Broncos way. They wanted to have Peyton leave with a ring and they got a head official who’s WHOLE family were Bronco fans. 

Believe me, this one is true for sure. Miller admitted to cheating by forcing the ball towards the end zone but of course there was no call. The Broncos tried to straight up murder Cam but ya know "he's basically a running back".

the user formerly known as cdclt

There's no bigger fix in Super Bowl history than XL and I dare anyone to find one.

At least in LII, it wasn't so much a fix as it was a points manipulation just to keep N.E. fans watching the whole game rather than tune out after halftime with the Patriots down 31-3 or something.  I read (again, no link) that one of the Patriots offensive players (may or may not have been Hogan) said that in the huddle, rather than call a play, Brady could only be heard saying "we can't win... they're too tough... I want to go home" over and over again.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Die hard eagles fan here too but I'm sorry Patriots could've defiantly won that game. Eagles got so lucky

1 hour ago, QCS said:

Believe me, this one is true for sure. Miller admitted to cheating by forcing the ball towards the end zone but of course there was no call. The Broncos tried to straight up murder Cam but ya know "he's basically a running back".

Watch that play again.  In what world would they ever call a penalty there?  If the fix was in for Denver they wouldn't have let Carolina get away with holding Von Miller as often as they did.  I rewatched that game recently and there were some blatant ones.

The Panthers lost that game because Newton played like trash and they turned the ball over four times -- one for a TD and another that set the Broncos up inside the five.  But yeah, the refs.  Should've been 26-10.

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, j'villejags said:

AR-180918015.jpg

1501110610331.gif

I still don't remember leaving the game, it was such a blur.  One of the worst sports feelings without question, I still haven't been able to watch the broadcast till this day. 🤮

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived