MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

Having old men put on a jersey to manage a game looks funny and that is a wonderful part of the game. Maybe they should only mandate it after a certain age.

I also miss the days of coaches wearing suits, having signature hats, etc. I get why times have changed, but most coaches blend together aesthetically these days which is kinda boring. Not everyone cares about standing out, but I wish more people did (and I don't mean cutting your hoodie sleeves).

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because fashion tends to be cyclical, I imagine sometime not too long from now we'll see a return to managers wearing uniforms (at least, some of them) and hopefully players will also return to wearing their jerseys correctly. If I can't see the sock or the wordmark is interrupted because you can't be bothered to button it up, you're wearing your jersey wrong.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, QCS said:

If I can't see the sock or the wordmark is interrupted because you can't be bothered to button it up, you're wearing your jersey wrong.

Completely disagree on this part. It can get hot as hell in a spring or summer baseball game and unbuttoning your jersey to let the air flow actually works. I have zero problem with this because I know what it's like. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 4/25/2021 at 4:50 PM, BBTV said:

Is there another sport that has coaches in the actual field of play like baseball has with 1st and 3rd base coaches?  I don't think those old fat guys should be in uniforms either, but being that they're in the field for half the game, there should be some kind of minimum standard they should follow... and they should be "uniform", so to speak.  They don't need numbers.  Coaches wearing numbers is stupid.  But they should wear something that clearly indicates that they belong in the field of play and are representing the hitting team.

As for the manager - I want to see more personality.  I want a manager to wear a cowboy hat and cowboy boots.  I want a manager to wear a leather biker jacket with pansy-ass skulls on it.  Gabe Kappler should be able to not even wear a shirt and let all the fat sweathogs in the stands stare at what a "real man" looks like.  Managers also need walk-up music for when they pull the pitchers.  

this is great 👍

25 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Completely disagree on this part. It can get hot as hell in a spring or summer baseball game and unbuttoning your jersey to let the air flow actually works. I have zero problem with this because I know what it's like. 

I understand one button, maybe two for functional purposes, but aesthetically speaking, unbuttoned jerseys are ugly as hell and super unprofessional-looking. If it really is that hot, then the jerseys need to be more breathable naturally in a way that doesn't interrupt the visual appeal of a baseball uniform.

the user formerly known as cdclt

13 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

On a completely different note, I've seen them in action for a few games, and I absolutely hate NOBs for the Giants at home

12 hours ago, Quillz said:

I am wondering why the change was made. I thought their previous setup was perfect, only having them on the road.

You sell more jerseys if fans can't re-use them for new players. 

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Some of the Armed Forces Weekend caps, mostly all white logos but those with multiple colors have varying amounts of black in them, to mixed results:

Men's Oakland Athletics New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day 9FIFTY Snapback Adjustable HatMen's Toronto Blue Jays New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day 9FIFTY Snapback Adjustable HatMen's St. Louis Cardinals New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day 9FIFTY Snapback Adjustable HatMen's Baltimore Orioles New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Colorado Rockies New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Seattle Mariners New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Miami Marlins New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Los Angeles Angels New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Arizona Diamondbacks New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Milwaukee Brewers New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

Of the ones with black and white some like Miami and Baltimore and Arizona work better while others like Colorado and Seattle aren't very good.

Is the patch suppose to be dog tags?

2 hours ago, ptaylor said:

Blecchh, back to the ugly special event-MLB caps again.

Oh well, at least there's actual baseball being played in May this year so I can't really complain.

Yes, you can.

Let's not let anyone use the Pandemic to excuse truly offensive event caps like these.  

1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

I don’t know, other sports seem perfectly fine without having to rip their jerseys half way down. And when you have guys in Seattle doing it on opening day when it’s below 60 it’s clearly just a fashion statement and nothing more.

4 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Some of the Armed Forces Weekend caps, mostly all white logos but those with multiple colors have varying amounts of black in them, to mixed results:

Men's Oakland Athletics New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day 9FIFTY Snapback Adjustable HatMen's Toronto Blue Jays New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day 9FIFTY Snapback Adjustable HatMen's St. Louis Cardinals New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day 9FIFTY Snapback Adjustable HatMen's Baltimore Orioles New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Colorado Rockies New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Seattle Mariners New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Miami Marlins New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Los Angeles Angels New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Arizona Diamondbacks New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Milwaukee Brewers New Era Camo 2021 Armed Forces Day On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

Of the ones with black and white some like Miami and Baltimore and Arizona work better while others like Colorado and Seattle aren't very good.

God, now MLB can't even spring for a real camo pattern? This is like the Gap's generic camo shorts pattern....

For the record, here are the currently used patterns by the US Military:

Multicam Family

spacer.png

MARPAT Family

spacer.png

That pattern isn't even the M81 Woodland camo from the 80s and 90s!

spacer.png

Guess MLB/New Era couldn't be bothered to spend the money to license a pattern, or at least even try and fake it....

Anubis.png

13 hours ago, Quillz said:

I am wondering why the change was made. I thought their previous setup was perfect, only having them on the road.

Team President Larry Baer said they originally didn't have names on the back in the 2000s to preserve the throwback vibes of the new ballpark experience. Then they didn't want to change in the 2010s as the Giants won 3 titles wearing NNOB. Now, as they are in the midst of a down cycle and using 50-60 players each season, he said it was an appropriate time to make the change. We can all be cynical and say it's to sell more jerseys, but I really think it's as simple as saying that many fans of the team weren't able to identify who #59 was when they have 18 different starting left fielders each year. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The fetishism knows no bounds. 

Pretty soon they'll start issuing rank stripes/insignia to players based on seniority with the club.

The Florida Panthers already do something like that so I guess it's only a matter of time.

1 hour ago, Green27 said:

Team President Larry Baer said they originally didn't have names on the back in the 2000s to preserve the throwback vibes of the new ballpark experience. Then they didn't want to change in the 2010s as the Giants won 3 titles wearing NNOB. Now, as they are in the midst of a down cycle and using 50-60 players each season, he said it was an appropriate time to make the change. We can all be cynical and say it's to sell more jerseys, but I really think it's as simple as saying that many fans of the team weren't able to identify who #59 was when they have 18 different starting left fielders each year. 

Because you know people can't or don't want to look up the roster on their phone in the "most connected park" in MLB.  Since the change in 2000 the Giants have actively looked for any and every way possible to muck up their aesthetic. 

As I said before, the time to make the change was after Barry Bonds retired. They didn't, so they should have stuck with no names at home forever. Also, they've been using a rather ugly NOB font, kind of a compressed Machine. They should use the condensed block that the Mets use to better match the road script. 

The camouflage hats are hideous, and using MARPAT, which I don't think you're technically allowed to use, would make them even worse. We must say no to Army LARPing in all its forms, from creepy paramilitaries to stupid baseball promotions.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived