2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

The Oilers are wearing their navy alternates tonight in San Jose and tomorrow in Los Angeles because the Kings want to wear their whites with the silver helmets.

Also, there was a report before the season that the navys were now the homes, and the oranges would become the alternates. That ended up being wrong.

10 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Looks like the Sabres' Heritage Classic jerseys were leaked on Reddit:

Wow, that's boring. It's basically the same as their main white, just without the yoke, slight changes to the striping and with cream. They really couldn't even be assed to do a fauxback design?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Looks like the Sabres' Heritage Classic jerseys were leaked on Reddit:

Those don't look too bad. Maybe a little too similar to the Blues' Winter Classic jerseys. Not a huge fan of the cream/vintage/off-white color but it works here.

I think it looks good.  It's not reinventing the wheel, but it doesn't need to.  Some of you just like to piss and moan about stuff.

• Like 4
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 2/17/2022 at 11:09 AM, CS85 said:

I think it looks good.  It's not reinventing the wheel, but it doesn't need to.  Some of you just like to piss and moan about stuff.

On 2/17/2022 at 11:21 AM, Prince Harry said:

The Sabres look best when they keep it simple. This looks good.

There's a line between keeping it simple and just plain being too safe with a event jersey design, and I feel the Sabres' new Heritage Classic jersey definitely falls into the latter category; given Toronto seems to be doing an Arenas jersey, they could've easily done a creative fauxback design to fit in with that early hockey aesthetic like what Nashville and Dallas did for the Winter Classic.

Like, taking this IHL Bisons jersey and putting it in Sabres royal and gold with the primary on it would look good and match Toronto's jersey for this game perfectly, aesthetically;

spacer.png

You'd also sell more jerseys that way because it's not basically the same thing as their other jerseys but with a cream base instead of a blue or white one. Hell, they've done the fauxback look before in event games and it worked perfectly;

spacer.png

• Like 4

The Sabres don't look bad, but it's a little too close to their main set. I think it would've been better if they swapped the main logo out for the shoulder patch. It also doesn't help that the Blues had a very similar jersey for the Winter Classic.

The Leafs have already done the Arenas throwback, so maybe they go with the more basic version this time:

spacer.png

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

There's a line between keeping it simple and just plain being too safe with a event jersey design, and I feel the Sabres' new Heritage Classic jersey definitely falls into the latter category; given Toronto seems to be doing an Arenas jersey, they could've easily done a creative fauxback design to fit in with that early hockey aesthetic like what Nashville and Dallas did for the Winter Classic.

Like, taking this IHL Bisons jersey and putting it in Sabres royal and gold would with the primary on it would look good and match Toronto's jersey for this game perfectly, aesthetically;

spacer.png

You'd also sell more jerseys that way because it's not basically the same thing as their other jerseys but with a cream base instead of a blue or white one. Hell, they've done the fauxback look before in event games and it worked perfectly;

spacer.png

Does the 2022 jersey not qualify as a fauxback in some respect? Also if the 2018 set isn’t too close to the current road I’m not sure we can argue the 2022 jersey is too close seeing as it has no yoke and has a different base colour. 

17 minutes ago, Prince Harry said:

Does the 2022 jersey not qualify as a fauxback in some respect? Also if the 2018 set isn’t too close to the current road I’m not sure we can argue the 2022 jersey is too close seeing as it has no yoke and has a different base colour. 

The striping on the 2018 set is totally different to any other white Sabres jersey on top of having a single-color yoke instead of a blue yoke with a yellow outline like all other white Sabres jerseys that have yokes have had.

The 2022 set is just their white in cream without a shoulder yoke and a slightly modified stripe color order. That's hardly a "fauxback", it's more of a lazy alternate. What Dallas and Nashville did for their Winter Classic is what a fauxback is; a modern design made to look like it's from another era.

If the Leafs are doing something totally new to what they've done before in terms of throwbacks, like it seems like they are, this'll just come off as low-effort for a team that usually does well with alternates and throwbacks.