Jump to content

Recommended Posts

A recap of what we've seen so far, in my own words:

 

Rangers/Spurs: 

What a way to introduce the series, a long beloved color scheme from the Spurs logo and reimagined on a baseball template came out great. At times, I find it hard to make out the tea when it's on the grey elements, but overall, this is fantastic. Of the alternates, I enjoy the Teal one the most.

 

Dodgers/Lakers:

It's funny coming back to this after having seen the article that recalls a time the Dodgers considered sifting from blue to purple during the 90s. Purple & Yellow is always aesthetically pleasing, and it's no different here.

 

Cubs/Bears:

Not much of a departure, in terms of how close the scheme is to its current colors, they'd just have a problem with being close to looking like Detroit. And, seeing the wordmark in Bears colors on the Road jersey really ties the crossover theme together. Overall, these are what you expect out of two Chicago brands in collaboration.

 

Twins/Wild:

This stands out as the first set that I wouldn't mind seeing come to fruition. The Wild's scheme lends itself to be unique across most leagues, and I think it nestles itself comfortably in the realm of baseball. As a thought, I'd flip the colors of the wordmark on the Road jersey to being, primarily, red.

 

Marlins/Heat (Vice):

Excellent execution, no other words needed, because it's spoken for.

 

Cleveland/Cavaliers:

In a way, I feel you've redeemed this color scheme, because the Cavs have not applied it in the best fashion. The color used for the Home set pairs well with the wine, and overall, I enjoy seeing this scheme applied to baseball. I'd just swap the socks in between your alternates.

 

Diamondbacks/Suns:

In this set, I would keep the shade of purple from the first set, and demote the use of the lighter shade of orange to be used for the alternates. I'd be interested in seeing the cuff trim on the alternates be duplicated onto the socks as a striping pattern.

 

Braves/Hawks:

I like that you went the route of the Hawks' previous scheme, as it would be very outside the ballpark, but I think it works with how you pulled it off. I'd inverse the prominence of Volt and Red on the script used on the Home jersey. I feel the same about the Road script between Black and Red. The 2nd Home Alt, easily my favorite of this set.

 

Phillies/Eagles:

For me, this is the first jarring set. Not for any bad reason, the color scheme works for the set, but seeing it for the Phillies is what gets me, despite having a brief history in green. I'd like to see this set void of black and have silver replace it in the color hierarchy.

 

Rays/Buccaneers:

Overall, I like it, but I would say try a bit more vibrant shade of red. I think with that adjustment, it'll keep the current concept intact, and it would allow them to look a little different from VT. (Have you entertained the idea of doing the Bucs current colors on this Rays set? I think Pewter road uniforms would be interesting.)

 

Angels/Mighty Ducks:

Nice application of the famed Jade/Eggplant plus Yellow. There's not much about this attempt from you that I would change.

 

Nationals/Wizards/Capitols:

Nice to see an underused color like Copper be used. On the tweaked version, I want to say I want to see a tad more copper on the Home and Road, but I can't say where exactly I would put it to make it make sense. Looking at the Road alternate makes me wonder what if it just utilized Black, Copper, and White.

 

Brewers/Bucks:

I truly believe this is an excellent pairing, the 90s scheme of the Bucks with this particular identity from the Brewers. I think, in a vacuum, thinking of the Bucks set that came with this scheme, it makes for a nice callback to it. If the Brewers didn't already have a strong uniform history, this concept would make a case to be deserving enough to belong in it in reality.

 

Red Sox/Celtics:

Looks as you'd expect when swapping Navy for Green. Nice job with these, and I dig the striping for the socks.

 

Mariners/Kraken:

You've done a great job wit applying this color scheme to this set, but I'm not quite feeling the lighter shade of blue/teal that the Kraken have. Especially looking at the Home set, it doesn't feel strong when it sits next to the color white. Kind of like when the Dolphins made the transition to their first Nike set.

 

Rockies/Avalanche:

It's a good pairing between these two in-state identities. I just feel like the maroon could be darkened just a tad.

 

Cardinals/Blues:

It's just a joy how the colors pop the way they do on the Home Alternate. Overall, a pretty good translation of the Blues colors onto the Cardinals.

 

Astros/Oilers:

Probably one of my overall favorites of the series. The "Luv Ya" shade of blue fits right into the history of this type of blue in baseball, and it works here, without question. I would suggest doing a white panel cap as an alternate cap. Maybe down the line, this set sees a Red alternate jersey.

 

Rangers/Stars:

I think Dallas' scheme works terrifically for the Rangers. You did a great job of balancing the colors the way you have them set in the first attempt. They even look good in Olive Green, but I prefer the first rendition. The Gold Home Alt, I'll reserve judgment on, just because gold has a weird way of resulting when in motion. (Thinking like the Ravens pants; I still hate they ever produced them, let alone wore them.)

 

Yankees in Maroon:

Looks good. It's not much different from any other team you've seen in this scheme, but it's obviously jarring to see the Yankees in anything other tan what they've existed in. But, I like it.

 

Dodgers/Chargers:

As you stated, very reminiscent of UCLA, but it looks damn good, especially the Home Alternate. Would look amazing during a daytime Dodger Stadium game.

 

Rockies/Nuggets:

Very simple, and the pinstripes of the Rockies help differentiate themselves from Cleveland.

 

Angels/Lakers:

Very nice set, akin to LSU in some aspects. I have no complaints about what I'm seeing with this one.

 

Giants/Forty-Niners:

Hmm, how would a gold cap/red bill look as their primary cap in this set? Otherwise, the rest of this set is very clean.

 

Mariners/Seahawks:

Another excellent pairing. Even down to the sock striping, this is an instant hit.

 

Cleveland/Browns:

Another instant success. The color scheme applies flawlessly to the set and is really set with the sock pattern.

 

Brewers/Packers:

At first glance, these colors always draw you to think "A's," but you've done well curating this for Milwaukee, giving them a look that's distinguished enough to not be them, and yet still look like the Brewers.

 

Athletics/Raiders:

Pretty straightforward, I appreciate that they kept the white cleats, and the Elephant logo featured on the sleeve is a nice touch.

 

Marlins/Dolphins:

Fantastic, honestly. The colors really allow the uniform to come alive, so to speak.

 

Padres/Chargers:

This turned out pretty solid. I'd probably do white numerals on the back of the Home alternate, with a single white outline around them.

 

Senators/WFT:

This is gorgeous. No complaints out of this, everything is in proper place, the colors work well together. Excellent.

 

Tigers/Lions:

Very nice, the colors of the Lions bring a cool, crisp look to the set. Plays well into the simplicity of it all.

 

Mets/Jets:

I actually like this for the Mets. Rhyming team nicknames, and sharing a color scheme is pretty interesting. And in this scheme, the green and white lend themselves as better supporting colors on a black Alternate, as opposed to the Orange & Blue. All in all, very clean, and nice to see that New York script be featured on the Road jerseys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

A recap of what we've seen so far, in my own words:

 

Wow, I appreciate all the valuable feedback and praise, I really do. I'll go through team by team to respond to your criticisms & suggestions:

 

16 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Twins/Wild:

 As a thought, I'd flip the colors of the wordmark on the Road jersey to being, primarily, red.

 

Here's the Twins road set with the script & number colors flipped:

 

TWINS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

16 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Diamondbacks/Suns:

In this set, I would keep the shade of purple from the first set, and demote the use of the lighter shade of orange to be used for the alternates. I'd be interested in seeing the cuff trim on the alternates be duplicated onto the socks as a striping pattern.

 

Not sure I totally I understand your first suggestion about demoting the lighter orange/yellow to the alternates. But here are the home, road and road alt with the diamond sleeve pattern on the socks:

 

DIAMONDBACKS HOME:

spacer.png

 

DIAMONDBACKS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

DIAMONDBACKS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

16 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Braves/Hawks:

I'd inverse the prominence of Volt and Red on the script used on the Home jersey. I feel the same about the Road script between Black and Red. The 2nd Home Alt, easily my favorite of this set.

 

Hopefully this is what you're looking for:

 

BRAVES HOME:

spacer.png

 

BRAVES ROAD:

spacer.png

 

16 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Phillies/Eagles:

For me, this is the first jarring set. Not for any bad reason, the color scheme works for the set, but seeing it for the Phillies is what gets me, despite having a brief history in green. I'd like to see this set void of black and have silver replace it in the color hierarchy.

 

Here's the Eagles set without the black. The Kelly green and silver alone is still a great look:

 

PHILLIES HOME:

spacer.png

 

PHILLIES ROAD:

spacer.png

 

PHILLIES HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

16 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Rays/Buccaneers:

Overall, I like it, but I would say try a bit more vibrant shade of red. I think with that adjustment, it'll keep the current concept intact, and it would allow them to look a little different from VT. (Have you entertained the idea of doing the Bucs current colors on this Rays set? I think Pewter road uniforms would be interesting.)

 

Here's the Rays with a bit lighter shade of red and a solid pewter road set. I couldn't make the red too bright, as there still need to be some contrast with the orange.

 

RAYS HOME:

spacer.png

 

RAYS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

16 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Nationals/Wizards/Capitols:

Nice to see an underused color like Copper be used. On the tweaked version, I want to say I want to see a tad more copper on the Home and Road, but I can't say where exactly I would put it to make it make sense. Looking at the Road alternate makes me wonder what if it just utilized Black, Copper, and White.

 

I added a bit more copper to the home (cap and jersey logo and back numbers) and road (piping and script & number trim) sets. The black road alt without blue doesn't look half bad:

 

NATIONALS HOME:

spacer.png

 

NATIONALS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

NATIONALS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

16 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Mariners/Kraken:

You've done a great job wit applying this color scheme to this set, but I'm not quite feeling the lighter shade of blue/teal that the Kraken have. Especially looking at the Home set, it doesn't feel strong when it sits next to the color white. Kind of like when the Dolphins made the transition to their first Nike set.

 

Totally get what you're saying about the teal not pairing well with the white. I do think the problem is mainly with the home set, so here it is with navy as the dominant color:

 

MARINERS HOME:

spacer.png

 

16 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Rockies/Avalanche:

It's a good pairing between these two in-state identities. I just feel like the maroon could be darkened just a tad.

 

Here are the Rockies x Avalanche with a bit darker shade of maroon:

 

ROCKIES HOME:

spacer.png

 

ROCKIES ROAD:

spacer.png

 

ROCKIES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

ROCKIES ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

16 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Astros/Oilers:

Probably one of my overall favorites of the series. The "Luv Ya" shade of blue fits right into the history of this type of blue in baseball, and it works here, without question. I would suggest doing a white panel cap as an alternate cap. Maybe down the line, this set sees a Red alternate jersey.

 

I actually considered giving the Astros a white front paneled cap. Not sure why I didn't follow through with the idea. I didn't give them a red alternate originally because red was only used as a trim color for the Oilers, but here it is anyway:

 

ASTROS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

16 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Giants/Forty-Niners:

Hmm, how would a gold cap/red bill look as their primary cap in this set? Otherwise, the rest of this set is very clean.

 

Here's the home set with a gold crowned cap:

 

GIANTS HOME:

spacer.png

 

16 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Padres/Chargers:

This turned out pretty solid. I'd probably do white numerals on the back of the Home alternate, with a single white outline around them.

 

I assume you mean blue numbers with a single white outline? Here that is:

 

PADRES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Kelly green looks good on the Mets! Not all that surprising, as it looks good on everyone else too. But that’s a very nice set. 


Thank you!
 

Keep the C&C coming! The White Sox will be up soon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/11/2021 at 5:15 PM, Paul Lucas said:

Man, I’m a sucker for that ‘87 script. Love this whole series. Great work, brother!

 

Thanks, man!

Today we have the Chicago White Sox!

WHITE SOX HOME:

spacer.png


WHITE SOX ROAD:

spacer.png


WHITE SOX HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

The Chicago Cardinals played at Comiskey Park throughout the 1920s and again from 1940-58 before relocating to St. Louis in 1960. This set is based on the White Sox early 1940s zippered design. The maroon and tan color scheme may not scream "Chicago" as loudly as black & red or sky blue and red, but there is a local connection to the University of Chicago
 

C&C appreciated! A small surprise is next. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Miami Marlins in Dolphins colors is fantastic. Great color scheme and it looks great with the old template

 

The Rockies/Av's crossover look really good too. The avs color scheme would stand out and look better than the black and purple.

 

The Nationals in the old Wizards/Caps colors looks really good. I always really liked that scheme but I have a hard time arguing for it's use over red white and blue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love the Cardinals/Sox design!

The connection to U of C is really interesting given that the Cardinals are the Cardinals because they wore faded U of C Maroons jerseys.

 

It's also nice to have an all South Side set with U of C being located in the lovely Hyde Park neighborhood on South Lakeshore Drive.

 

Looking at it now, I'd be tempted to use a wishbone "C" on the cap, even though its not accurate to that era just to cement the connection since the Cardinals used to use one and the Maroons continue to feature it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Love the Cardinals/Sox design!

The connection to U of C is really interesting given that the Cardinals are the Cardinals because they wore faded U of C Maroons jerseys.

 

It's also nice to have an all South Side set with U of C being located in the lovely Hyde Park neighborhood on South Lakeshore Drive.

 

Looking at it now, I'd be tempted to use a wishbone "C" on the cap, even though its not accurate to that era just to cement the connection since the Cardinals used to use one and the Maroons continue to feature it.

 

Thanks! Here's the home set with a wishbone "C." I actually used the Bears logo:

 

WHITE SOX HOME:

spacer.png

 

11 hours ago, O.C.D said:

The Miami Marlins in Dolphins colors is fantastic. Great color scheme and it looks great with the old template

 

The Rockies/Av's crossover look really good too. The avs color scheme would stand out and look better than the black and purple.

 

The Nationals in the old Wizards/Caps colors looks really good. I always really liked that scheme but I have a hard time arguing for it's use over red white and blue

 

Thanks for the feedback! 

My next design is actually inspired by your post in this other thread, @O.C.D:

 

Also, @Ark:

 

PADRES HOME:

spacer.png

 

PADRES ROAD:

spacer.png

 

PADRES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

PADRES HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

Here's the Padres 2020 redesign swapping out athletic gold for pale pink and making the home uniform off-white for the full Neapolitan ice cream effect. I also added a new home alt to really embrace the pink. On a side note, spumoni >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Neapolitan. 

 

C&C appreciated as always! Another take on the Dodgers is up next. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2021 at 7:31 PM, jwinters said:

Some others that I think would be cool to see if you're up for it: Dodgers in late '90s Kings colours (especially in light of the revelation they almost switched to purple), or the Mariners in the modern Seahawks navy/grey/lime.

 

Ask and ye shall receive!

DODGERS HOME:

spacer.png

 

DODGERS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

DODGERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

DODGERS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

With the recent revelation that the Los Angeles Dodgers may have considered switching from blue to purple in the '90s, and, inspired by @jwinters' suggestion, here are the Dodgers in late '90s-early 2000s L.A. Kings colors. I decided to lean hard into the late '90s aesthetic, which means lots of busy piping, black and silver and, of course, vest uniforms. The basic design of the home and road uniforms is based on this one season alternate from 1999. 

 

C&C appreciated! The Athletics x Chiefs are next up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually really like that dodgers set 🤣 I feel ashamed saying that but it's pretty great, especially the black alt. Looks very rockies already, but I'd maybe like to see a black cap with a purple brim for that alt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

I actually really like that dodgers set 🤣 I feel ashamed saying that but it's pretty great, especially the black alt. Looks very rockies already, but I'd maybe like to see a black cap with a purple brim for that alt

 

Thanks! Here's the road alt with the black cap you suggested:

 

DODGERS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

Today's team is the Kansas City Athletics!

ATHLETICS HOME:

spacer.png

 

ATHLETICS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

ATHLETICS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

ATHLETICS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

This one is purely a throwback what-if. The Chiefs and Athletics both played at Municipal Stadium from 1963-67 before the A's headed west to Oakland in '68. In keeping with historical accuracy, each set is the same design just in different colors. 

 

C&C appreciated as always. A new Rockies set is up next!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

 

Thanks! Here's the road alt with the black cap you suggested:

 

DODGERS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

Today's team is the Kansas City Athletics!

ATHLETICS HOME:

spacer.png

 

ATHLETICS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

ATHLETICS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

ATHLETICS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

This one is purely a throwback what-if. The Chiefs and Athletics both played at Municipal Stadium from 1963-67 before the A's headed west to Oakland in '68. In keeping with historical accuracy, each set is the same design just in different colors. 

 

C&C appreciated as always. A new Rockies set is up next!

I'm surprised you didn't do the Arizona Cardinals and Oakland Athletics because Kyler Murray was on both payrolls 🤣. All joking aside this is clean. All AFC West, AL West and AL Central teams are now triggered

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2021 at 6:30 PM, coco1997 said:

 

Thanks! Here's the home set with a wishbone "C." I actually used the Bears logo:

 

WHITE SOX HOME:

spacer.png

 

 

Thanks for the feedback! 

My next design is actually inspired by your post in this other thread, @O.C.D:

 

Also, @Ark:

 

PADRES HOME:

spacer.png

 

PADRES ROAD:

spacer.png

 

PADRES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

PADRES HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

Here's the Padres 2020 redesign swapping out athletic gold for pale pink and making the home uniform off-white for the full Neapolitan ice cream effect. I also added a new home alt to really embrace the pink. On a side note, spumoni >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Neapolitan. 

 

C&C appreciated as always! Another take on the Dodgers is up next. 

Man, talk about outside the box! Also - yes, spumoni is way better than Neapolitan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

I'm surprised you didn't do the Arizona Cardinals and Oakland Athletics because Kyler Murray was on both payrolls 🤣. All joking aside this is clean. All AFC West, AL West and AL Central teams are now triggered

 

Haha, thanks! I agree it's weird to see the A's in red instead of green but it's a great color scheme nonetheless. 

 

16 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Man, talk about outside the box! Also - yes, spumoni is way better than Neapolitan.

 

Thanks! Pistachio is criminally underrated. 

 

Today we have the Colorado Rockies x Denver Broncos!

 

ROCKIES HOME:

spacer.png

 

ROCKIES ROAD:

spacer.png


ROCKIES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

ROCKIES ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

Everyone knows that the Rockies play at Coors Field, but some may forget that for the first two years of their existence they shared Mile High Stadium with the Denver Broncos. Unlike my previous two Rockies designs, this one uses simplified scripts (no inserts) and single outlined numbers. I also added pinstripes on the road to separate this design from the Mets' road uniform. 

 

C&C appreciated! The Twins x Vikings are next. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Top notch work! I think the Rockies set looks great in the Broncos' vibrant colours.

The Padres road alt uni is a thing of a beauty 😍

 

Thank you!

This afternoon we have the Minnesota Twins!

 

TWINS HOME:

spacer.png

 

TWINS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

TWINS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

TWINS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

The Twins shared the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome (AKA the "House of Horrors" if you're a White Sox fan) with the Vikings from 1982-2009 before moving into Target Field in 2010. I went with an era appropriate pullover/sansabelt design and tried something different by going with gold scripts and numbers on both the home and road sets. 

 

C&C appreciated. The Braves x Falcons will be up soon! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After a small break I'm back today with the Braves!

 

BRAVES HOME:

spacer.png

 

BRAVES ROAD:

spacer.png

 

BRAVES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

BRAVES ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

The relocated Braves and expansion Atlanta Falcons played at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium starting in 1966 through 1991. I've done the Braves in black and red before, so I changed a few things this time around, namely simplified piping and a new cap design for the home set. The colors have another local connection to the Hawks and University of Georgia Bulldogs. It's a fun to imagine an alternate history where the Braves moved from Milwaukee to Atlanta and tweaked their colors.

 

C&C appreciated! A new take on the Mariners is up next. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

 

C&C appreciated! A new take on the Mariners is up next. 

 

Can't wait to see it!

 

For another red-black uniform, I'd be interested in seeing what the Phillies would look like in turn-of-the-millennium Sixers colors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2021 at 3:35 PM, Coiler said:

 

Can't wait to see it!

 

For another red-black uniform, I'd be interested in seeing what the Phillies would look like in turn-of-the-millennium Sixers colors.

 

Really funny that you should suggest that as I've been working on some designs based on Hat Club's MLB/NBA Crossover series. Here you go!

PHILLIES:

spacer.png

 

Up tonight, as suggested by @jwinters, are the Mariners in modern Seahawks colors!

MARINERS HOME:

spacer.png

 

MARINERS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

MARINERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

MARINERS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

Since I've done the Mariners x Seahawks before, this one doesn't require a ton of explanation. @Carolingian Steamroller did on excellent job on the current Mariners uniforms in modern Seahawks colors a few years back, so I decided to apply the 'Hawks navy and volt green to the Mariners' '70s look, though with more modern piping than my first version. 

 

Let me know what you think. The Yankees are up next! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • coco1997 changed the title to Un-Blue & Redding MLB (Cardinals in female cardinal colors 6/18)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.