Rocket Mortgage To Become Presenting Sponsor Of Michigan State Spartans Basketball

Rocket Mortgage To Become Presenting Sponsor Of Michigan State Spartans Basketball

March 11, 2021 - 17:23 PM

The Michigan State athletic department announced on Thursday an extension of a partnership with Rocket Mortgage that makes the Detroit-based company the presenting sponsor of the Spartans men’s basketball program. “Michigan State athletics couldn’t compete at the highest levels without the support of our corporate partners like Rocket Mortgage,” athletic

Read More...

27 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Wasn't there something like this probably 15 years ago with the Chicago Bears? I vaguely remember some corporation doing a similar thing.

Don't know about the Bears, but the Red Wings are presented (currently) by Little Caesars (they were presented by Amway, prior).

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

17 hours ago, JayMac said:

Wasn't there something like this probably 15 years ago with the Chicago Bears? I vaguely remember some corporation doing a similar thing.

They had a deal with Chase Bank as part of training camp, but I believe it only lasted a preseason before the NFL shut it down. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-bears-pnc-sponsorship-0422-biz-20150421-story.html

* - It was originally Bank One, who were bought up by Chase. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

35 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They had a deal with Chase Bank as part of training camp, but I believe it only lasted a preseason before the NFL shut it down. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-bears-pnc-sponsorship-0422-biz-20150421-story.html

* - It was originally Bank One, who were bought up by Chase. 

Thank you! I just remembering hearing it on ESPN and thinking how ridiculous it was.

45 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Chicago Bears Training Camp Starts This Week - Toddling Around ChicagolandAnd here's the logo. 

Royal Crown Cola had NFL sponsorship money? Incredible!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, Red Comet said:

Considering the Spartan society was basically a warrior society with all the labor done by slaves, I’m surprised there isn’t a stink raised about teams named after the Spartans.

Well, given what’s happened to Greece in the millennia since the Spartans’ heyday, maybe the stigma isn’t there. 

Michigan State Herculeans?

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Well, given what’s happened to Greece in the millennia since the Spartans’ heyday, maybe the stigma isn’t there. 

Michigan State Herculeans?

spacer.png

I was being somewhat facetious as you can honestly pick out something horrible in any group of people, but, wait.

>with the phaylus

I’m sorry, what?! Do they mean phalanx or phallus? Because one of those two shouldn’t be anywhere near kids. Or is that just the website?

2 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I was being somewhat facetious as you can honestly pick out something horrible in any group of people, but, wait.

>with the phaylus

I’m sorry, what?! Do they mean phalanx or phallus? Because one of those two shouldn’t be anywhere near kids. Or is that just the website?

“Phaylus” is a joke spelling of Phelous, the ex-Channel Awesome guy looking at the bootlegs.

This is one time I'd like to see all of this advertising put into action - AP's Style Guide changes any references to the basketball team to "MSU Spartans Basketball presented by Rocket Mortgages". Give them exactly what they want and refuse to abbreviate things to 'the Spartans' or 'Michigan State' and hold to their preferred nomenclature. Every single reference. Over and over.

It would be a glorious Monkey's Paw wish, and let's let those money grubbing ***************** live with what they sold themselves out for.

example:

INDIANAPOLIS — MSU Spartans Basketball presented by Rocket MortgagesBig Ten tournament matinee with Maryland couldn’t have started better. And it couldn’t have turned any worse once the whistles began to blare.

MSU Spartans Basketball presented by Rocket Mortgages' early 12-point lead flipped by halftime as the Terrapins drew foul after foul, chipping away at the free-throw line and overtaking the lead before halftime. Maryland pulled away to a 68-57 victory Thursday at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Tom Izzo, MSU Spartans Basketball presented by Rocket Mortgages lost their cool in earliest Big Ten tournament exit ever ]

That might have ended the run in the conference tournament, but it only extends the wait for MSU Spartans Basketball presented by Rocket Mortgages (15-12). MSU Spartans Basketball presented by Rocket Mortgages will remain in Indy through Sunday’s selection show to see if Tom Izzo’s streak will be extended to 23 consecutive NCAA tournament berths. Most bracket projectors had MSU Spartans Basketball presented by Rocket Mortgages in the field regardless of what happened in the league tourney based on three top-five wins over Illinois, Michigan and Ohio State in the final three weeks of the regular season.  

Archived