College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Arkansas current look is perfect. One of the best uniform currently in CFB. Yes, they look a lot like Oklahoma, but that's fine, the Sooners look good too. 

Basically the Razorbacks look like Oklahoma with the OU and TV numbers replaced with an amazing classic logo. What's not to like?

Can confirm that our uniforms looked perfect in person last night. It was also fun seeing them paired up against Texas again. Really looking forward to getting back to playing them annually again as it’s always a good looking game when we have the traditional uniforms. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about when gray is an actual school color, and not some passing fad (sparked by Phil Knight University)?

spacer.png

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

After yesterday’s result, I think it’s safe to say that the Ducks’ new all-white combo is an instant fan favorite. While I do agree that a touch of yellow would be a welcome addition, the apple green and white looked fantastic and the uniform as a whole was crisp and cohesive. I’m not sure I’d go as far as to say that it was the best all-white combo the Ducks have ever worn, but I do think it was the most cohesive with the apple green wings on the helmets perfectly matching the apple green shoulder design on the jerseys. As I said yesterday, I do think the new white helmets are the best white lids they’ve ever had, and it’s refreshing to see the emphasis on the apple green rather than silver like the old white winged helmets. It was a great looking game and easily a better looking matchup than the 2015 National Championship Game or even the 2010 Rose Bowl.

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Can confirm that our uniforms looked perfect in person last night. It was also fun seeing them paired up against Texas again. Really looking forward to getting back to playing them annually again as it’s always a good looking game when we have the traditional uniforms. 

I was quite partial to the previous look, but it seemed like the fans really wanted to move away from those because of that whole thing where Chad Morris was the greatest failure in coaching history. Might as well go back to something more traditional that makes people feel good.

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

After yesterday’s result, I think it’s safe to say that the Ducks’ new all-white combo is an instant fan favorite. While I do agree that a touch of yellow would be a welcome addition, the apple green and white looked fantastic and the uniform as a whole was crisp and cohesive. I’m not sure I’d go as far as to say that it was the best all-white combo the Ducks have ever worn, but I do think it was the most cohesive with the apple green wings on the helmets perfectly matching the apple green shoulder design on the jerseys. As I said yesterday, I do think the new white helmets are the best white lids they’ve ever had, and it’s refreshing to see the emphasis on the apple green rather than silver like the old white winged helmets. It was a great looking game and easily a better looking matchup than the 2015 National Championship Game or even the 2010 Rose Bowl.

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

In my head, green pants for Oregon would have really elevated this matchup. But that's probably talking about the difference between 4/5 and 5/5.

5 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

What about when gray is an actual school color, and not some passing fad (sparked by Phil Knight University)?

spacer.png

Yes, gray is one of Wazzou's colors...just not that gray.  

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, burgundy said:

How about these?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Light gray jerseys in football just look like they need to be put through the wash. There's something here, but it would be infinitely better if the jerseys were white.

22 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Arkansas current look is perfect. One of the best uniform currently in CFB. Yes, they look a lot like Oklahoma, but that's fine, the Sooners look good too. 

Basically the Razorbacks look like Oklahoma with the OU and TV numbers replaced with an amazing classic logo. What's not to like?

spacer.png

Gonna get eaten alive for the 2nd-3rd time this week but… honestly, they look good in a vacuum, but they are too much like Oklahoma’s, so I’m not a big fan of them. They need a signature element like a different pants stripe, font, or helmet finish. Or use the white helmet a bit more often like they did against Missouri last year. 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

11 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Gonna get eaten alive for the 2nd-3rd time this week but… honestly, they look good in a vacuum, but they are too much like Oklahoma’s, so I’m not a big fan of them. They need a signature element like a different pants stripe, font, or helmet finish. Or use the white helmet a bit more often like they did against Missouri last year. 

I think that their desire to look less like Oklahoma is what's tripped them up for the last decade or two. They tried really hard to find a look that was uniquely theirs and largely succeeded. Unfortunately, they were all pretty ugly, which is generally what happens when you emphasize uniqueness over good design. 

10 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I think that their desire to look less like Oklahoma is what's tripped them up for the last decade or two. They tried really hard to find a look that was uniquely theirs and largely succeeded. Unfortunately, they were all pretty ugly, which is generally what happens when you emphasize uniqueness over good design. 

I'll be curious to see if Arkansas makes any tweaks after having Oklahoma as a conference mate and potentially yearly opponent. If neither makes changes it will look like a spring scrimmage game. I understand that for both schools that is their traditional uniform. However, I never heard anyone accuse Oklahoma of looking like Arkansas. Its always Arkansas looks like Oklahoma and thats probably due to Oklahoma never changing their basic look (not counting the wood themed alts).

21 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I'll be curious to see if Arkansas makes any tweaks after having Oklahoma as a conference mate and potentially yearly opponent. If neither makes changes it will look like a spring scrimmage game. I understand that for both schools that is their traditional uniform. However, I never heard anyone accuse Oklahoma of looking like Arkansas. Its always Arkansas looks like Oklahoma and thats probably due to Oklahoma never changing their basic look (not counting the wood themed alts).

If they haven't done it for Alabama, I don't see why they'll change due to Oklahoma coming in. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

Might be a hot take but I honestly thought these uniforms were perfect.

Arkansas20Razorback20201820Uniform_15312

They were really unique to Arkansas and far less gaudy than the iterations before.

27 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Or Texas tech or Mississippi State or...

I don’t think those are fair comparisons. I truly can’t think of another pair of teams that look more similar than Arkansas-Oklahoma. I’m still not sure exactly where I land in this discussion, but those other comparisons just seem a little disingenuous  

33 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Or Texas tech or Mississippi State or...

*Texas A&M. We've also had this same conversation about Wisconsin and Nebraska too. There's a 120+ teams in D1, someone's bound to look similar, whether in color scheme, uniform, or both. It really just comes down to having features that are distinctly recognizable, even in a side by side.

Archived