Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Kane County Cougars (Class A Midwest League, Arizona Diamondbacks) unveiled their new logo and uniforms today.

12227001_10153747715858679_1338132412118

Those are some nice uniforms... for the Columbus Clippers.

The old set had definitely grown stale but this just stinks. I love how the old green color scheme has been reduced to a name plate above the rat cougar.

Kane County Cougars (Class A Midwest League, Arizona Diamondbacks) unveiled their new logo and uniforms today.

12227001_10153747715858679_1338132412118

Those are some nice uniforms... for the Columbus Clippers.

The old set had definitely grown stale but this just stinks. I love how the old green color scheme has been reduced to a name plate above the rat cougar.

I really wish they'd kept the old colors. Maybe play with the shade of green, but it was a cool color combo. This looks like so many other teams now, which is disappointing. The lettering is cool though.

That script is so Brandiose. blah. I mean, it replaces baseball's answer to the Toledo Storm, but blah.

You realize that it not a Brandiose project, right? Done by Studio Simon, according to the press release. This might not be everyone's taste, but it's a solid, professional look, with some interesting details (the brush-stroked script, the badge container, the way the teeth fit into the wedge shape of the snarl) which seems in line with their usual quality. Any legitimate critiques with some of Brandiose's projects carry less weight when their name is reduced to a pejorative, especially applied to another firm's work.

Kane County is a surprise. I think it's an upgrade, but 1991 is a long time for nostalgia to build. Probably would have preferred the colors to stay a little closer to home. Lime green is a bit jarring for the Cougars.

The old logo was tired, but all attempts to modernize it have been cartoonish. I would have preferred it stick around as a sleeve patch rather than a cap logo. It always struck me as 1980s madcub-like anyway.

And not one KC cap in the bunch?!

But I love that script.

Appy League logo looks great. Just for comparison,

Old: 673yqmf2pdqfoy4mem4thbfdx.gif

New: AppalachianLeague2016.jpg

This, combined with the fact that I just finished Dirk Hayhurst's "The Bullpen Gospels" and just started "Bluegrass Baseball" (both on audiobook), makes me miss MiLB already. I regret not having the time or the means to make it out to the ballpark more this summer - especially when living in an MiLB-saturated area such as North Carolina.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Bowling Green Hot Rods (Class A Midwest League, Tampa Bay Rays) unveiled their new logos and uniforms today.

Logos:

BG-Hot-Rods-2016-3.jpg

Uniforms:

BG-Hot-Rods-2016-4.jpg

They gave up on thier Brandiose identity rather quick it seems...

I think these are a downgrade, personally. In colors, text, number font (is that a Russell stock font??), and logos. It all just seems rather generic compared to what they had.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png