Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

17 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Holy crap they still aren't dead?

huh, did some Googling -- and went some places I'm rather ashamed of -- on the internet and it seems like they ARE still alive? Well, according to the current ABA 2000 standings. Outside of that, their website is dead and they still haven't hit autocorrect on their name, unlike the local college which is known as the Grizzlies.

File this under a "The More You Know" moment you'll soon enough hope to forget. 

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

39 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Since Brandiose is involved its going to suck in a vaguely kitschy way anyway, so really "Gwizzlies" is the way to go.

There's no way the team goes with a similar nickname that the college 5 miles away uses. 

I like Gwinnett Choppers or Gwinnett Gophers if they want to keep Chopper as mascot. Gwinnett Choppers could also include a motorcycle theme. 

They could also be really trendy and go with Gwinnett Migos. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

There's no way the team goes with a similar nickname that the college 5 miles away uses. 

I like Gwinnett Choppers or Gwinnett Gophers if they want to keep Chopper as mascot. Gwinnett Choppers could also include a motorcycle theme. 

I suggested the Gwinnett Bwaves. 

It might not work for me as an adult, but when I was a kid I had a pwetty wicked speed impediment and this is how I'd say Braves. So, I'm honoring that ... my childhood. 

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 minutes ago, kimball said:

I suggested the Gwinnett Bwaves. 

It might not work for me as an adult, but when I was a kid I had a pwetty wicked speed impediment and this is how I'd say Braves. So, I'm honoring that ... my childhood. 

Baby brave swingin' a tomahawk. So...Brandiose.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Baby brave swingin' a tomahawk. So...Brandiose.

It's perfect. They just need to end the contest now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Gwinnett Raindrops

Gwinnett Drop Tops

Gwinnett Crock Pots

Gwinnett Boujees

• Like 8

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• 2 weeks later...

I almost got killed at a Jackals game back in 2004. Love the new package, a serious upgrade.

I am somewhat concerned that the text they're showing on the banner as an apparent default is Jackals.com, I'm not a fan of the increased presence of social media in sports. Teams wearing Twitter handles as NOBs, etc.

2 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Well, that came out of left field...

Home plate, actually. I was seven, a broken bat almost took my head off (and then some jerk kid stamped on my hand and took the bat).

I only remember so well because it was the night of either the home run derby or the All Star Game. Fun time, but an ugly game (I think they were playing the Rockland Boulders) and seven year old BYF was very angry about missing All Star festivities.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I say the Pecos League is the worst of the worst with team logos.

alpine.png

Does anybody know what this is supposed to represent?  The team is the Alpine Cowboys, but it's just an "O" and a hook-like thing.

sf.png

No gradient on the flames.  I know gradient elements can be a thorn in the boots of some people here, but it would give this logo some depth.

trinidad.png

What is this supposed to represent, going back to Alpine.

hollywood.png

Kinda fitting for a team that's already played their only two "home" games this season.

highdesert.png

Like Santa Fe, it needs more gradient tones.

And, here's the worst of them all...

bakersfield.png

This is just the base logo, and it's blocky as hell, with a baseball bat that is too overdetailed.  And, for a record, here's a comparison between this logo and the other two areas (this team was a travel team in 2015, not unlike Hollywood this year):

Las_Vegas_Train_Robbers.png

Topeka_Train_Robbers.png

Note the only change in logos from all three locations (Las Vegas, New Mexico was the place they started out).

Sorry for all the logo space, but it's worth discussing.

48 minutes ago, JDogindy said:

So, I say the Pecos League is the worst of the worst with team logos.

alpine.png

Does anybody know what this is supposed to represent?  The team is the Alpine Cowboys, but it's just an "O" and a hook-like thing.

trinidad.png

What is this supposed to represent, going back to Alpine.

The Alpine Cowboys play at Kokernot Field, built by and named after the family that owns the "o6" ranch. The "logo" is the brand of the ranch and the Kokernots. Fitting that a team named Cowboys would have a cattle brand as it's logo.

The logo of the Trinidad Triggers is just that, a baseball and a gun trigger.

The Pecos League is the NIFL of indy baseball leagues.

• Like 1

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Those are... Not great. What's really throwing me off is the disparity between the different logos. The Cowboys' brand (punny) is simple, but it's clean and unoffensive. And then you go down to Santa Fe, and... That's a hot mess, there's a team wearing a clip art star, and Topeka is scary.

Also, Las Vegas, New Mexico?

• Like 1