Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

The Pecos League does have some truly dreadful brandings. That being said, I am excited to go catch Monterey play Tucson, in a couple if weeks. In my hometown (and the nation's oldest ballpark), Bisbee, AZ, no less.

I think the Amberjacks are the best logo, in the league. 

monterey2.png

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• 4 weeks later...

I collect MiLB hats (have almost 200). Quick question. The Montgomery biscuits had a fan design a hat. The winning entry (the biscuit lid) is now showing up for sale. My question is, is this just a "fashion hat?" Are they going to wear it on field? I heard it won't be worn on field, therefore I'm not sure about adding it to my collection. Thanks

KISSwall09.jpg

The Gwinnett Braves have unveiled the options in their name-the-team contest, along with their (purported) significance and suitability. They are:

Gwinnett Big Mouths - Named after the state fish of Georgia, the Big Mouths are a tribute to bass fishing on Lake Lanier.

Gwinnett Buttons - The Buttons honor Gwinnett County’s namesake, Button Gwinnett, signatory of the Declaration of Independence.

Gwinnett Gobblers - The Gobblers celebrate the outdoors, hunting and eating all the foods we love in the state of Georgia.

Gwinnett Hush Puppies - Our stealthy hunting dog is sneaking through the weeds, about to rustle up some ducks. But don’t think we’re all that serious. You can expect a “corny” fan experience at the “Puppies” game!

Gwinnett Lambchops - A chop off the old block, the Lambchops marry the region’s love of home cooking with the Tomahawk Chop of the Atlanta Braves.

Gwinnett Sweet Teas - It’s a regional icon “to a tea!” The Sweet Teas celebrate the laid-back lifestyle of Gwinnett County while displaying a real sweet look.

Voting is underway through July 24th.

13 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Well, according to the G-Braves' general manager, North Johnson, Gwinnett Buttons, "... was, by far, the most popular submitted name, so it has made our 'Final Six'."

You'd think they wouldn't worry about the other five if Buttons was the most popular submitted name. Big Mouths, Lambchops, and Sweet Teas are really bad.  Gobblers sort of works only because of the alliteration.  Hush Puppies is definitely the trend d'jour in MiLB, but it's probably better used as a one-time alternate.  Maybe they're worried about some sort of backlash about Button Gwinnett.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

The Gwinnett Braves have unveiled the options in their name-the-team contest, along with their (purported) significance and suitability. They are:

Gwinnett Big Mouths - Named after the state fish of Georgia, the Big Mouths are a tribute to bass fishing on Lake Lanier.

Gwinnett Buttons - The Buttons honor Gwinnett County’s namesake, Button Gwinnett, signatory of the Declaration of Independence.

Gwinnett Gobblers - The Gobblers celebrate the outdoors, hunting and eating all the foods we love in the state of Georgia.

Gwinnett Hush Puppies - Our stealthy hunting dog is sneaking through the weeds, about to rustle up some ducks. But don’t think we’re all that serious. You can expect a “corny” fan experience at the “Puppies” game!

Gwinnett Lambchops - A chop off the old block, the Lambchops marry the region’s love of home cooking with the Tomahawk Chop of the Atlanta Braves.

Gwinnett Sweet Teas - It’s a regional icon “to a tea!” The Sweet Teas celebrate the laid-back lifestyle of Gwinnett County while displaying a real sweet look.

Voting is underway through July 24th.

*sigh*. F :censored:  you, Brandiose...

• Like 2

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Three teams will relocate for the 2019 season.

- AAA Colorado Sky Sox will relocate to San Antonio

- AA San Antonio Missions will relocate to Amarillo, TX

- Rookie-level Helena Brewers will relocate to Colorado Springs.

https://t.co/T9RdoxyAQD?amp=1

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

On 12/07/2017 at 11:08 PM, MJWalker45 said:

20170712_221050.thumb.jpg.91608fb8ef00af6ae709733d86fdb6f9.jpg20170712_221041.thumb.jpg.5ab61ded24d1785d63239b7b971687e5.jpgAAA All Star Game has team uniforms with International or Pacific Coast on the jerseys and team specific caps. I'd almost prefer they copy the majors instead. 

This is recent. At least, the AAA game in 2012 had teams wearing their own jerseys. Lots of alternates, but all were team jerseys. Buffalo specific Derby jerseys though. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Gwinnet Buttons should be the only choice. If they go with another name, someone should find a Brandoise member and punch the ever living daylights out of him. 

I want Buttons to win... But it would be interesting to see a swinging Sweet Tea logo. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png