Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

• 1 month later...

A new wood-bat baseball league is starting in the northern plains. The expedition league has teams in Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, Nebraska, and Manitoba. They will play as a summer collegiate league.

https://www.theexpeditionleague.com/

?format=1500w

Team in Aberdeen, SD will be known as the Hub City Hot Shots:

59c9e12d98c09.image.jpg.f1ae0930e6199a88c18859a491c9ffa4.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

On 8/8/2017 at 1:24 PM, Bradbury said:

Considering this team is (at least part-)owned by the same folks behind the Savanna Bananas, I think we know the winner already.

On 8/9/2017 at 8:01 AM, raysox said:

I've said Macon Bacon would be my minor league team name for years, think that's grounds to sue?

@raysox, you might be able to sue for a hat?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More branding news is beginning to flow in from the summer collegiate Expedition League.

In addition to the Aberdeen, South Dakota-based Hub City Hotshots unveiling their name and logo package, two other expedition league teams have revealed their names and logos, as well:

Casper Horseheads (Casper, WY)

Western Nebraska Pioneers (Gering, NE)

Additionally, the team based in Hastings, Nebraska has announced that it will be known as the Hastings Sodbusters. Logos are forthcoming.

Lastly, The Expedition League teams based in Dickinson, North Dakota and Pierre and Spearfish, South Dakota have narrowed their possible team identities down to the following finalists:

Dickinson, ND
Badlands Big Sticks
Dakota Rattlers
Queen City Settlers

Western Roughnecks

Pierre, SD
Pierre Trappers
Pierre Prairie Dogs
Pierre Ranchers

Spearfish, SD
Spearfish Batz

Spearfish Sasquatch
Spearfish Stingers
Queen City Royals

No word, as yet, on what the Expedition League ball clubs in Brandon, Manitoba; Minot, North Dakota; and Rapid City, South Dakota are going to do with regard to names and logos.

It does appear that Keith Flynn of Flynnagain Productions will be creating the logo packages for all of the league's teams.  

It'd seem odd for the Dickinson team to call itself Dakota when they'll be far from the lone team in either Dakota.  If it were an option, though...Badlands Clippers would've been awesome.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

12 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

It'd seem odd for the Dickinson team to call itself Dakota when they'll be far from the lone team in either Dakota.  If it were an option, though...Badlands Clippers would've been awesome.

Dickinson is 3 hours from Minot and about the same to the Black Hills where the Spearfish and Rapid teams will be placed. Pretty reasonable distances for teams to travel in that area. I'm hoping this league maintains as I've always thought a minor league baseball system would do well there. Nothing else around besides amateur ball so hopefully the locals support it.

It's just a bit odd, is all.  Kinda like the Wisconsin Woodchucks still calling themselves such even though there are more WI teams in the Northwoods now.

2016cubscreamsig.png

On 10/6/2017 at 6:28 PM, Brian in Boston said:

Additionally, the team based in Hastings, Nebraska has announced that it will be known as the Hastings Sodbusters. Logos are forthcoming.

Well, I'm down for a hat.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 10/6/2017 at 6:28 PM, Brian in Boston said:

More branding news is beginning to flow in from the summer collegiate Expedition League.

In addition to the Aberdeen, South Dakota-based Hub City Hotshots unveiling their name and logo package, two other expedition league teams have revealed their names and logos, as well:

Casper Horseheads (Casper, WY)

Western Nebraska Pioneers (Gering, NE)

The Horseheads is an interesting idea that looks pretty good.

493307_raw.jpg

The Pioneers looks kinda like a mitten-puppet? Lower jaw is the thumb, upper jaw/face are the fingers of the mitten.

493295_small.jpgWN_alone.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

2 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

The Pioneers looks kinda like a mitten-puppet? Lower jaw is the thumb, upper jaw/face are the fingers of the mitten.

493295_small.jpg

What in tarnation!?

Sorry, somebody had to say it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

3 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

493295_small.jpg

You're absolutely right.  I think it's the absence of any defining line between the red and flesh-color.   That's a very odd thing to omit, because it places less weight on the transition.  Reads more like a highlight (as they have on the cap) than the dividing line between beard and face.