Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

This logo looks NSFW, once you figure it out, you can't unsee it. Why not just keep up with the Jalapeno in the Frontier hat theme, instead of "Remember the Alamo," why not "Remember the Jalapeno." Just lean into the pepper theme not the OBGYN theme. Not gonna lie, if they had abunch of corporate events with OBGYNS at the game, I think time would stop for just a second to revel in irony.   

• Like 2

I guess this mascot has been around for awhile. 

His name is Henry. 

spacer.png

Why couldn't the hat feature a graphic with cartoon eyes, like the restaurant does

spacer.png

They literally took a inside job and went for it. 

To think it all started with a taco 

spacer.png

An actual graphical depiction. 

Now we have a swinging taco thing with legs and a red thing on its head, with no eyes. Like I said. We've turned that corner. 

Fresno added eyes to one of their tacos and it was fine

spacer.png

I can't fully explain what I'm seeing now with SA. They had the perfect set just a year or two back.   Sad times. 

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

I guess this mascot has been around for awhile. 

His name is Henry. 

spacer.png

Why couldn't the hat feature a graphic with cartoon eyes, like the restaurant does

spacer.png

I can't fully explain what I'm seeing now with SA. They had the perfect set just a year or two back.   Sad times. 

If you put eyes on the hat logo people would probably lose their minds here. Henry is like the Washington Generals of between innings entertainment. He races against a kid, normally around 8 to 12, and always goofs off rounding third, only to get tackled and stood upon by said kids. They used to play Tubthumping when he got up and danced, but now they change the songs up every now and then. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, bcon_731 said:

This logo looks NSFW, once you figure it out, you can't unsee it. Why not just keep up with the Jalapeno in the Frontier hat theme, instead of "Remember the Alamo," why not "Remember the Jalapeno." Just lean into the pepper theme not the OBGYN theme. Not gonna lie, if they had abunch of corporate events with OBGYNS at the game, I think time would stop for just a second to revel in irony.   

At least these are only for one series. the Flying Chanclas should still be back on Thursdays. Mamapeno normally shows up with Ballapeno for those games. Ballapeno is still avalable as a batting practice cap. 

https://samissions.milbstore.com/collections/all-caps/products/ballapeno-5950-fitted-cap

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

We've turned a corner here. This is beyond bad. 

Full sublimated jerseys that sort of looks like lettuce, but not really. What a mess that is surely going to get some sales. 

I think other teams were doing this, but the taco is not the best item to choose for full transfer to a jersey. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Round Rock Express to Play as Hairy Men

February 13, 2020 - 22:16 PM

As local legend in central Texas has it, the area is haunted by the spirit of a boy from pioneer times who got separated from his fellow European settlers and was left to raise himself in the woods. He grew […]

Read More...

Minor League Baseball to commemorate Negro Leagues 100th anniversary

February 14, 2020 - 02:36 AM

Minor League Baseball unveiled a new logo today that signals their participation in commemorations of the 100th anniversary of the Negro Leagues. The Negro National League was founded by Hall of Famer Rube Foster 100 years ago today, on February […]

Read More...

OKC Dodgers commemorate 25th anniversary of Oklahoma City Bombing

February 21, 2020 - 13:09 PM

The Triple-A Oklahoma City Dodgers will retire the number 168 and wear a commemorative patch to honors the victims of the Oklahoma City bombing, which will mark its 25th anniversary in 2020. The number signifies the number of lives lost […]

Read More...

Altoona Curve to play as Brookies

February 24, 2020 - 13:50 PM

The Altoona Curve, Double-A affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates, will pay homage to central Pennsylvania’s fishing culture by playing a series of games as the Altoona Brookies. Brookies, a nickname for brook trout, are a popular target of local recreational […]

Read More...

Lexington Legends to play as Kentucky Beer Cheese

February 26, 2020 - 16:12 PM

The Lexington Legends made a cheesy choice for their first-ever food-based alternate brand. They’ll take on the identity of beer cheese, a local specialty. Beer cheese is most often served as a spread on crackers, as depicted in the team’s […]

Read More...

A team could have a fun day by issuing a press release that says "The Columbus Clippers will play as the Columbus Clippers."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

A team could have a fun day by issuing a press release that says "The Columbus Clippers will play as the Columbus Clippers."

This would be the Yankees, if they had a sense of humor.  Love the idea!

It's where I sit.