USFL 2023 Season

Skycast

16 hours ago, EJ_Barlik said:

I still think the Panthers gonna win it.  Jeff F is the best coach in the league.  The best coach always has a decided advantage in a new league in year 1, because experience trumps, well, everything else, in a new league.

See: The Orlando Apollos and Steve Spurrier. 

• Like 1

Just read the press release on it. Fox owns Blockchain Labs so it makes sense that they're vertically integrating as much as possible into the league. Sounds like they will run a USFL NFT store where the league will create/mint and sell them to fans like merch/trading cards, and consult with players who want to create their own (and get paid a cut of  its revenues). They're also planning on doing token drops to promote gated discord servers and merchandise giveaways

Not ideal, but not the worst application of NFTs either.  I think the ELF is doing something similar as well. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cruhawk7975 said:

Just read the press release on it. Fox owns Blockchain Labs so it makes sense that they're vertically integrating as much as possible into the league. Sounds like they will run a USFL NFT store where the league will create/mint and sell them to fans like merch/trading cards, and consult with players who want to create their own (and get paid a cut of  its revenues). They're also planning on doing token drops to promote gated discord servers and merchandise giveaways

Not ideal, but not the worst application of NFTs either.  I think the ELF is doing something similar as well. 

Sooner or later, the NFT/Crypto bubble is going to burst if it hasn't already.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Sooner or later, the NFT/Crypto bubble is going to burst if it hasn't already.

NFTs yes, crypto the actual tech itself no. Blockchain technology has way too many uses for people to just put it aside. I predict, if anything, that our current currency will wind up as a state-backed crypto along with legal tender within the decade. 

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

What’s the over/under on them lasting longer than the AAF?

Since a network is actually paying for it, they'll at least make it 2 years. I think the bigger question is how do we think they'll do when the XFL kicks off next winter? The advantage they will have is that the XFL will be halfway done for the season if they keep the April timeframe to start. 

56 minutes ago, Cruhawk7975 said:

Will they be trying to charge over the moon like some of these other leagues? Did Angle City make any significant cash off of their NFT sales? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/10/2022 at 1:13 PM, Red Comet said:

NFTs yes, crypto the actual tech itself no. Blockchain technology has way too many uses for people to just put it aside. I predict, if anything, that our current currency will wind up as a state-backed crypto along with legal tender within the decade. 

I'll take that bet.

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

5 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

$10 cash vs. $10 crypto😁

Alright, works for me. I do want to clarify one thing. I don’t mean bitcoin replacing the dollar but more like the dollar having some sort of Federal-backed blockchain to go along with cash still being a thing. If you’re still good for that, then I’m down.

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Alright, works for me. I do want to clarify one thing. I don’t mean bitcoin replacing the dollar but more like the dollar having some sort of Federal-backed blockchain to go along with cash still being a thing. If you’re still good for that, then I’m down.

We're still minting pennies that cost more to make than they're worth. I think your timetable is... ambitious. 😅

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ManillaToad said:

Two legal passes behind the LOS is interesting, and the PI rules are good. 4th & 12 gimmick is 👎, and they somehow took college OT rules and made them even worse

XFL had the two pass rule but I think they only attempted it once.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Two legal passes behind the LOS is interesting, and the PI rules are good. 4th & 12 gimmick is 👎, and they somehow took college OT rules and made them even worse

The OT seems like the penalty kick idea from soccer. Not sure I like it, but I definitely will be curious how it plays it in real life. 

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Why not the 3 point conversion from the 5 yard line?

Doesn't the NFL already allow forward passes before the scrimmage line?

If you wanted some different rules then why not 2 Power Plays per Half or Game.

Advancing team calls for power play which lasts 2 minutes and the opposition must play with 2 less players for that time or until scored on.

You score you kick from anywhere you want, 10 yard line 1 point, 30 yard line 2 points etc.

Penalties in oppositions Touchdown area (25 yards to Goal) you lose a player like hockey.

If the Touchdown is converted by the same player from 20 yards they get 3 points

Only 3 defensive players on the line at one time.

• Huh? 1

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.