USFL 2023 Season

Skycast

At one point, I had all six of the 1995 WLAF replica jerseys.

• Like 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

19 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

At one point, I had all six of the 1995 WLAF replica jerseys.

I have an authentic Frankfurt Galaxy jersey from that year, two Scottish Claymores jerseys from 2000's, and a Rhein Fire FabNkit jersey. The Claymores had a program where you paid to sponsor a player and at the end of the year you could get the jersey directly from the player at the last game of the year and a picture taken with them, or they mailed you the jersey and a player picture. Since I was still in the Army they mailed me the pictures, one was even signed by the player. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/16/usfl-to-hold-postseason-at-tom-benson-hall-of-fame-stadium-in-canton/

I mentioned this in the uniform discussion area, but the USFL has announced that they will play the playoffs in Canton, Ohio after playing the regular season in Birmingham, Alabama. Obviously dodging the hottest part of the year makes sense but moving it to Canton is not the best decision in my opinion. They may as well have used San Antonio where they could have dressed the field properly instead of a field where they can't do more than maybe slap the league logos on the 25 yard lines. 

https://xflnewshub.com/usfl/report-usfl-playoffs-will-be-played-in-canton-ohio-not-birmingham/

Apparently a conflict with the World Games played a role in having to move the playoffs, but the USFL says they're still paying for their hotel rooms.

In don't hold your breath news:

https://xflnewshub.com/alt-football/mlfb-talks-2022-season-cities-coaches-tryout-dates-coming-soon/

MLFB says they're almost ready to announce where they'll be playing in 2022. My guess is as a mod for Madden 21 on PC.

• LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

USFL begins a 2 day player draft tomorrow night, in which all 8 teams will select players from players who signed contracts with league itself (total draft pool estimated to be from 450-500 players, all from an initial database of about 3000+ players the league has on file).  The league wont release the full list of draft pool names, but journalists/twitter accounts and websites have been piecing some names together. 

In an unusual twist on the normal draft style, rounds will be organized by position group as opposed to a normal unrestricted round format. QBs are selected in round 1, then Edge/DE in round 2 , OT in round 3, etc. 

Full snake draft list for each team/position group: 

• Like 2

On 2/16/2022 at 2:56 PM, MJWalker45 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/16/usfl-to-hold-postseason-at-tom-benson-hall-of-fame-stadium-in-canton/

I mentioned this in the uniform discussion area, but the USFL has announced that they will play the playoffs in Canton, Ohio after playing the regular season in Birmingham, Alabama. Obviously dodging the hottest part of the year makes sense but moving it to Canton is not the best decision in my opinion. They may as well have used San Antonio where they could have dressed the field properly instead of a field where they can't do more than maybe slap the league logos on the 25 yard lines. 

Canton gives them some credibility, but the field doesn't get changed for anything anymore. Even when the Stagg Bowl was here, nada. 

57 minutes ago, walkerws said:

Canton gives them some credibility, but the field doesn't get changed for anything anymore. Even when the Stagg Bowl was here, nada. 

I'd say if you can't dress the field up it takes away your credibility. Other than being next to abuilding that has some of their history in it, what else does it give them?  

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd say if you can't dress the field up it takes away your credibility. Other than being next to abuilding that has some of their history in it, what else does it give them?  

The Hall  offers credibility because it is the Hall. They should have made the field able to be changed and customized, but I think they just cut corners. Probably because of the one game they had to cancel because they stupidly used the wrong paint and had to reorder the field. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, walkerws said:

The Hall  offers credibility because it is the Hall. They should have made the field able to be changed and customized, but I think they just cut corners. Probably because of the one game they had to cancel because they stupidly used the wrong paint and had to reorder the field. 

To me, that's not a benefit. The Hall gets more traffic because people will be showing up for three games in summer, but the league doesn't really get anything other than a facility that didn't have anything going on that weekend.  San Antonio could have offered them just as much, same for Orlando or Tampa Bay. The ability to use their own branding should have played a role in site selection, but it didn't. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Agree to disagree.  I think being able to use a stadium with these markings lends an air of credibility to the league by making it seem as if it's endorsed by the Hall of Fame and has more history than it really does.  It's not like the Salt Lake Stallions playing on a field with University of Utah logos everywhere.

spacer.png

Meanwhile, they can cover every inch of the concrete walls around the perimeter with USFL logos.

• Like 5

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃