USFL 2023 Season

Skycast

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So instead of the USFL giving Johnny Manziel or even Colin Kapernick another shot, they draft Paxton Lynch, who became the last pick in the 12th round of the USFL Draft in Day One.    

You're assuming either of them wanted to be in this league.  Did either of them even sign a contract with the league to be eligible for the draft?  It's not like Kaepernick was sitting by his laptop with a house full of people waiting for his name to be called.  

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

Cut from the CFL yesterday. XFL 2023 will be his next stop before Canton.

The biggest driving factor for Lynch being cut from the CFL is that he is not vaccinated and was unable to travel with the team for the playoffs due to Canadian air regulations. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

You're assuming either of them wanted to be in this league.  Did either of them even sign a contract with the league to be eligible for the draft?  It's not like Kaepernick was sitting by his laptop with a house full of people waiting for his name to be called.  

If Kaepernick actually wanted to play football anymore I think he could have done so, even if was in the latest XFL iteration to show that he still has the chops or with a NFL team. He made his money, made his stance and is done. As for Manziel, that dude is a dumpster fire and it's likely that any new league at this point doesn't want to touch him with a ten foot pole.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So instead of the USFL giving Johnny Manziel or even Colin Kapernick another shot, they draft Paxton Lynch, who became the last pick in the 12th round of the USFL Draft in Day One.    

Manziel is not a good quarterback, and he's too busy spending his time off laughing at the Browns fans. I mean he couldn't do anything in FCF football other than run.  Kap hasn't played in almost 6 years now, why would they  try bringing him in? Lynch did just get cut from a CFL team, though I don't know if it was so that the could play in the USFL but since it was just a day after that's probably why.  

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

Cut from the CFL yesterday. XFL 2023 will be his next stop before Canton.

Unless his team makes the playoffs! Then he just has to pay admission. 

• LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, GDAWG said:

My rec league flag football team wouldn't even want Manziel. He is a crap football player and an even worse human being. 

• LOL 3

T1oYViW.png

2 hours ago, Skycast said:

The biggest driving factor for Lynch being cut from the CFL is that he is not vaccinated and was unable to travel with the team for the playoffs due to Canadian air regulations

Clueless on and off the field.

• Like 4
  • Yawn 2

6uXNWAo.png

Some other QB's drafted: Jordan Ta'amu from the XFL, NFL Preseason legend Kyle Sloter and Kenji Bahar, who was on the Ravens active roster for a week when Tyler Huntley was placed on COVID reserve.  Shea Patterson first overall pick by the Michigan Panthers.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

With Jeff Fisher coaching. At this point, a 7-9 finish might be a stretch

it is a stretch because they are not playing a 16 game schedule.  If it's 10 games, it will be three straight seasons of 4-6.  If it's 12, it will be three straight seasons of 5-7.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 2

Speaking of Jeff Fisher...

That is the coach who grounded Steve "Air" McNair. There's a reason he got that nickname in college...but you sho' never saw it in the NFL.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 2 weeks later...

Week 1 Games

The USFL will then showcase a tripleheader on Sunday, April 17, with the Houston Gamblers meeting the Michigan Panthers at noon ET, the Philadelphia Stars playing the New Orleans Breakers at 4 p.m. ET and the Tampa Bay Bandits battling the Pittsburgh Maulers at 8 p.m. ET.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I still think the Panthers gonna win it.  Jeff F is the best coach in the league.  The best coach always has a decided advantage in a new league in year 1, because experience trumps, well, everything else, in a new league.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

15 hours ago, EJ_Barlik said:

I still think the Panthers gonna win it.  Jeff F is the best coach in the league.  The best coach always has a decided advantage in a new league in year 1, because experience trumps, well, everything else, in a new league.

USFL.  Trumps.  I see what you did there.

😛

• Hurl 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃