2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

On 10/10/2021 at 1:24 PM, the admiral said:

Anyway, the Raiders will probably fire Gruden FUH CAWWWSE not entirely because of the enormity of his remarks but also because they have him signed to a terrible contract, he has underachieved, and this is the deus ex machina they need to get out from under it. Same math equation as the case of Dan McNeil making fun of Maria Taylor's leather dress.

oops I did it again

• Like 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Read the article. He Pokemoned every third rail in American cultural politics. And was stupid enough to capture it all in writing.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 10/10/2021 at 10:45 AM, BBTV said:

A little surprised more isn't being made about this Jon Gruden story.  ESPN is certainly covering it, but whether there or here, more people seem to be upset that Urban Meyer got a lap dance than that Jon Gruden made an extremely racially insensitive remark about DeMaurice Smith.  Of the two, Gruden's impacts his ability to coach his players the most, and I'm kind of surprised that half his players don't want to punch him in his lips (or maybe they do, but just can't.)

Both guys are idiots, and two things can be wrong, but where Gruden went seems to be far worse than Meyer, and as more comes out about these emails, I'd be really disappointed if Gruden remains in the league.

Cats out of the bag now and YIKES, it's really bad. 

• Like 6

XM4KeeA.png

3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

After watching yesterday’s shameful display, I think the Chiefs need to go in a bold new direction. Steve Spagnoulo needs to be fired and replaced with an orangutan. Half the plays will be better than what Spags calls and the other half involves flinging feces at the zebras. No matter how you slice it, it’s an improvement. Reject Spagsanity, return to monke.

Gonna go back in the archives, but I'm pretty sure I advocated replacing him with a repurposed Teddy Ruxpin doll on multiple occasions back during the Rams days.

• Like 3
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Jon Gruden was able to send pictures of naked cheerleaders to fast-casual chain dining impresarios captioned "now that's what I call a backfield in motion! p.s., Roger Goodell is a homo and I'm sick of the blacks" while making $10 million a year to not necessarily be good at his job. He lost the battle but won the war, for he lived the dream of every unlikable dad.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Gruden was mediocre and being let go should've went beyond these allegations. Hopefully they can move on from their (mostly) mediocre quaterback.

Carr is a top 12 QB. At least.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Jon Gruden was able to send pictures of naked cheerleaders to fast-casual chain dining impresarios captioned "now that's what I call a backfield in motion! p.s., Roger Goodell is a homo and I'm sick of the blacks" while making $10 million a year to not necessarily be good at his job. He lost the battle but won the war, for he lived the dream of every unlikable dad.

But does any of this disqualify him from coaching in the SEC next year? 🙄

• Like 5

6uXNWAo.png

I had always thought he was overrated because he had been treated like Bill Belichick when he came back to the Raiders.  He won one, the same number as Mike McCarthy, Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin, Pete Carroll, Bruce Arians, John Harbaugh and Sean Peyton.  

Everyone except Al Davis's mutant son knew Gruden was a phony by like 2007. All he did was finish the job for Tony Dungy while also having the other team's playbook in the Super Bowl. Other than that, his entire stock-in-trade was playing up every coachy-coach archetype from getting red in the face to allegedly watching game tape for 25 hours a day. As with Jacksonville hiring Urban Meyer to give north Floridians the warm and fuzzies again, I'm guessing that rehiring Gruden was largely about sticking the landing in Las Vegas with a big-name personality and assuring Raiders fans that there'd be some sense of organizational continuity. They couldn't have thought he was actually the right man for the job. Then again, it is Al Davis's son.

33 minutes ago, Cujo said:

But does any of this disqualify him from coaching in the SEC next year? 🙄

disqualify, it gives him the job!

• Like 8

So the Colts owe the Eagles a 1st-round pick if Wentz plays in 75% of the games, a condition put into the trade due to his injury history.  Otherwise, they only owe a 2nd.

If they're clearly out of it, which seems like it will be the case, and they decide to bench Wentz to protect the pick (or make up that he's got some bogus injury) do the Eagles have any resource?  Are there any ethics rules that would come in to play if the reason he missed the 75% was for reasons other than legitimate injury?

If everything is on the level, and the Dolphins go into a tailspin, the Eagles could potentially have 3 of the top 10 picks next year.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

53 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Everyone except Al Davis's mutant son knew Gruden was a phony by like 2007. All he did was finish the job for Tony Dungy while also having the other team's playbook in the Super Bowl. Other than that, his entire stock-in-trade was playing up every coachy-coach archetype from getting red in the face to allegedly watching game tape for 25 hours a day. As with Jacksonville hiring Urban Meyer to give north Floridians the warm and fuzzies again, I'm guessing that rehiring Gruden was largely about sticking the landing in Las Vegas with a big-name personality and assuring Raiders fans that there'd be some sense of organizational continuity. They couldn't have thought he was actually the right man for the job. Then again, it is Al Davis's son.

disqualify, it gives him the job!

When he was out of coaching, he was treated like he won 3 or 4 Super Bowls.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

When he was out of coaching, he was treated like he won 3 or 4 Super Bowls.  

The Larry Zbysko of NFL coaches.

• Like 6