2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

Well, while Meyer did was doing what he was doing on over the weekend...apparently the Feds were raiding the Football Team's training facilities.

WTF, indeed.  (And Ron Rivera maaayyyy just find himself in some hot water on this one.)

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 10/4/2021 at 1:06 PM, leopard88 said:

I'm curious to hear a neutral (more or less) opinion on this --

The Ravens decision to run a play with :03 left to keep their 100 yard rushing streak alive was:

A.   An egregious affront to the principles of sportsmanship and the unwritten rules of the game; or 

B.   Simply part of playing until the end of the game (and if you don't like the decision, then stop them from picking up the necessary yardage)

C. Harbaugh caring about a "record" very few people know about to do this is entirely in his character. To his point, if Denver isn't throwing to the end zone right before this, it doesn't happen.

It's good internet anger fodder, but much ado about nothing.

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

On 10/4/2021 at 1:06 PM, leopard88 said:

I'm curious to hear a neutral (more or less) opinion on this --

The Ravens decision to run a play with :03 left to keep their 100 yard rushing streak alive was:

A.   An egregious affront to the principles of sportsmanship and the unwritten rules of the game; or 

B.   Simply part of playing until the end of the game (and if you don't like the decision, then stop them from picking up the necessary yardage)

Late, but B. This is a non-issue. Maybe don’t take the play off if it looks like they’re going to not going to take a knee. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, IceCap said:

New head coach... JR! 

If that creates an opening for Mauro on commentary, then I'm all for it.

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

He'll have a hoss at every position. Some of the hosses may even be Bubba tough.

The whole team will just be Oklahoma alumni, and their main play will be "slobberknocker left!"

On 10/4/2021 at 2:06 PM, leopard88 said:

There's the safety aspect of it too.  In a league where injuries can happen on every play, and linemen bash heads on every play, it's irresponsible to run unnecessary plays.  It's putting players at risk for no reason besides vanity.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Turns out Stephon Gilmore wasn’t released this morning, but actually traded to the Panthers for a draft pick

Nice. To a team in Brady's division at a position the Bucs needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, heavybass said:

Not just traded for a draft pick, but a sixth round pick in 2023.

Carolina just fleeced an old man

Wouldn't really call it a fleece since he was going to be released anyway.   

Patriots were just desperate and Carolina decided to jump ahead everyone else and make an offer.

Panthers have a scary secondary now though. When Horn gets Healthy, him & Gilmore....damn. 

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

Depends on if Gilmore can even get healthy much less stay healthy. I’d have liked the pats to get more for him but our secondary is fine without him. And getting something for him rather than a straight release is better than nothing. It’s also the last year of his contract so keeping him while we are rebuilding is pointless at this point.

17 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Wouldn't really call it a fleece since he was going to be released anyway.   

Patriots were just desperate and Carolina decided to jump ahead everyone else and make an offer.

Panthers have a scary secondary now though. When Horn gets Healthy, him & Gilmore....damn. 

CJ Henderson too. That secondary looks tough. Anyone thinks the Panthers are a dark-horse contender in the NFC?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

CJ Henderson too. That secondary looks tough. Anyone thinks the Panthers are a dark-horse contender in the NFC?

Always have been

If we can fix our O-line and get healthy, we're one of the best teams in the league. I know a lot of people say this about their teams, but if not this year, then I think next year we're a very scary team.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

7 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Nah with darnold at qb they will only be a playoff team at best. They still have to get through the packers, bucs, Rams, and Seattle and the cardinals who all have better rosters and/or qb’s than the panthers.

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

That and proving Sam Darnold’s issue was Adam Gase and a franchise named after a disaster more than anything else. After seeing what happened with Ryan Tannehill when he was coached by someone competent, I shouldn’t be shocked but still.

While true to a point, he does revert back to jets darnold when pressured like in the last game. He got most of his stats in garbage time

A little surprised more isn't being made about this Jon Gruden story.  ESPN is certainly covering it, but whether there or here, more people seem to be upset that Urban Meyer got a lap dance than that Jon Gruden made an extremely racially insensitive remark about DeMaurice Smith.  Of the two, Gruden's impacts his ability to coach his players the most, and I'm kind of surprised that half his players don't want to punch him in his lips (or maybe they do, but just can't.)

Both guys are idiots, and two things can be wrong, but where Gruden went seems to be far worse than Meyer, and as more comes out about these emails, I'd be really disappointed if Gruden remains in the league.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

40 minutes ago, BBTV said:

A little surprised more isn't being made about this Jon Gruden story.  ESPN is certainly covering it, but whether there or here, more people seem to be upset that Urban Meyer got a lap dance than that Jon Gruden made an extremely racially insensitive remark about DeMaurice Smith.  Of the two, Gruden's impacts his ability to coach his players the most, and I'm kind of surprised that half his players don't want to punch him in his lips (or maybe they do, but just can't.)

Both guys are idiots, and two things can be wrong, but where Gruden went seems to be far worse than Meyer, and as more comes out about these emails, I'd be really disappointed if Gruden remains in the league.

It's the difference between a story breaking on a Monday vs a Friday. All out of outrage as we're heading into the weekend.

And yes, 48-year-old Jon Gruden emailing racist tropes is disqualifying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags