2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

Lamar threw for 300 yards yesterday. People are (rightfully) talking a lot about Carr, Herbert, and Kyler a lot this year but this is easily the best Lamar’s looked as a passer since 2019 when the Ravens could essentially run the ball as effectively as they wanted. He still has his moments but if you pay attention to the Ravens and the holes we have on our roster you would understand how much he carries this team. 

Also watching Roethlisberger suck after years of crushing our dreams brings me great joy. 

• Like 6

spacer.png

37 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

Lamar threw for 300 yards yesterday. People are (rightfully) talking a lot about Carr, Herbert, and Kyler a lot this year but this is easily the best Lamar’s looked as a passer since 2019 when the Ravens could essentially run the ball as effectively as they wanted. He still has his moments but if you pay attention to the Ravens and the holes we have on our roster you would understand how much he carries this team. 

He's well on his way of achieving his goal of having two numbers retired.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm curious to hear a neutral (more or less) opinion on this --

The Ravens decision to run a play with :03 left to keep their 100 yard rushing streak alive was:

A.   An egregious affront to the principles of sportsmanship and the unwritten rules of the game; or 

B.   Simply part of playing until the end of the game (and if you don't like the decision, then stop them from picking up the necessary yardage)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

12 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I'm curious to hear a neutral (more or less) opinion on this --

The Ravens decision to run a play with :03 left to keep their 100 yard rushing streak alive was:

A.   An egregious affront to the principles of sportsmanship and the unwritten rules of the game; or 

B.   Simply part of playing until the end of the game (and if you don't like the decision, then stop them from picking up the necessary yardage)

A. And if Jackson tears his knee up doing it they'd be getting ripped up and down by everyone on the news. And they'd be right to do so. 

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I love that the Steelers never had a solid succession plan for the guy.

They had one until Myles Garrett knocked him silly with his own helmet. After that, the Steelers passing on bringing anyone in this year made no sense. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So is Daniel Jones actually a good QB?  He threw for 400 yards today.  It could be a one time thing

It’s a one time thing. He has one game a year like this. He’s basically the definition of “even a blind squirrel can find a nut”

13 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

At what point does that become disappointing?

Maybe when a full season is played. You are seriously saying “on pace” like there isn’t another 3/4 of the season to be played. It’s far too early, he could throw for 7 TDs next week and be “on pace” for 28 TDs. Come on dude you’re being ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I love that the Steelers never had a solid succession plan for the guy.

And when they did try to draft the succession plan in Rudolph, he pouted about how it “wouldn’t help the team win now” or whatever. His arrogance and insecurity, and the Steelers’ enabling of that arrogance and insecurity has caught up to both of them. He’s now legitimately one of the 5 worst starters in the NFL and is holding back a playoff-caliber defense. 

I mean this in every sense of the phrase: you absolutely love to see it. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy. 

• Like 5

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Lmao half a damn decade in LA and still people keep calling the Chargers by San Diego instead of LA.

The MNF booth used R**skins a few times last week. Old habits die hard, even if you're so-called "football experts"

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

19 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The MNF booth used R**skins a few times last week. Old habits die hard, even if you're so-called "football experts"

It's funny when San Diego shows up. It sucks when the old slur shows up.

• Like 6

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Well yeah, but it's been 5 damn seasons since the Chargers went to LA; the Washington Snyders only dropped it this past season, so at least the slipups there could be more easily handwaved.

It's just another sign that the Chargers are still more of a San Diego team than they are an LA team, even now.