2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Beating teams you should beat and winning convincingly, hard to complain there.

Baltimore is next week. Will find out who the Broncos really are after that one.

Exactly. It's great to be 3-0, but I'm still pretty sure the Broncos are the fourth best team in the AFC West, so I guess I'm just trying to talk myself out of getting too hyped.

• Like 2

That was a vintage Bengals-Steelers game yesterday. One team pounded the football, spread it around to receivers efficiently, punched a big play right before halftime, stuffed the run on defense, hit the quarterback with complete disregard for his health and safety, and forced bad turnovers. I have been on the receiving end of that beatdown so many times over the last 25+ years. Watching the worst people alive file out of their dumb yellow stadium well before the final gun was so tasty. 

The Steelers look BAD and Roethlisberger might be the worst starting QB in the league. I'd gladly take 20 more years of this please. 

• Like 10

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 hours ago, Sport said:

The Steelers look BAD and Roethlisberger might be the worst starting QB in the league. I'd gladly take 20 more years of this please. 

My hot take for the season was that the Steelers would finish with a losing record for the first time under Tomlin. 

Ben looks like he should have retired years ago, and Their schedule is pretty tough. Their division isn't a cakewalk either anymore.  

Baltimore is still competitive, but now you have the Browns emerging as a powerhouse, I thought they could at least beat up on the Bengals, but as it looks now, Steelers may be the worst team in the division. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, See Red said:

It's a shame they're not doing the Manning MNF broadcast every week because it is a way better watch than the traditional broadcast. 

Oh, are they pulling next week's show because Eli's threw up the double-bird tonight? 😬😬

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Oh, are they pulling next week's show because Eli's threw up the double-bird tonight? 😬😬

Said they were doing it again in week 7 and then again the next week. 

Too bad. It's probably the most I've enjoyed watching an NFL game in a long time. 

• Like 2

IUe6Hvh.png

On 9/27/2021 at 9:42 AM, Sport said:

That was a vintage Bengals-Steelers game yesterday. One team pounded the football, spread it around to receivers efficiently, punched a big play right before halftime, stuffed the run on defense, hit the quarterback with complete disregard for his health and safety, and forced bad turnovers. I have been on the receiving end of that beatdown so many times over the last 25+ years. Watching the worst people alive file out of their dumb yellow stadium well before the final gun was so tasty. 

Dude might not last 20 more quarters at this rate...

22 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

My hot take for the season was that the Steelers would finish with a losing record for the first time under Tomlin. 

Ben looks like he should have retired years ago, and Their schedule is pretty tough. Their division isn't a cakewalk either anymore.  

Baltimore is still competitive, but now you have the Browns emerging as a powerhouse, I thought they could at least beat up on the Bengals, but as it looks now, Steelers may be the worst team in the division. 

Smart people said that, well, years ago, as well. Which is to say, I agree.

And see....thus illustrates the other side of the coin of being such a staunch and loyal organization: emotional devotions blind decision-makers to reality; thus, they never let go or take too long to let go, and then you end up with what's going on in Pittsburgh.  Some people saw it, but Ben was finished back in 2017...you can get by on being bigger than the defenders trying to sack you but for only so long. And yet, look at who they've been bringing in to back up Roethelisberger since Byron Leftwich exited stage left: none of them had anywhere close to starter-level potential. And if the Steelers' brass were really serious about maintaining continuity, they would have set a GOOD succession plan in place years ago. Instead, their blind adoration for the QB who *won them two Super Bowls* (who also has a certain Dan Marino complex he never has been able to get past) led them to hold on to him, and hold onto him some more--and now this is the result.  The killing thing is this could well be the end of the road for Mike Tomlin, as well.

The question now becomes: does the Steelers head brass see the situation they created by not addressing this sooner, and now start to seriously address it? 🤷‍♂️

(All of this to say I'm right there with @Sport on this...especially having survived seven years living up there and seeing the fellat--you know what I ain't even finna go there right now. 😆)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

17 hours ago, tBBP said:

Dude might not last 20 more quarters at this rate...

Smart people said that, well, years ago, as well. Which is to say, I agree.

And see....thus illustrates the other side of the coin of being such a staunch and loyal organization: emotional devotions blind decision-makers to reality; thus, they never let go or take too long to let go, and then you end up with what's going on in Pittsburgh.  Some people saw it, but Ben was finished back in 2017...you can get by on being bigger than the defenders trying to sack you but for only so long. And yet, look at who they've been bringing in to back up Roethelisberger since Byron Leftwich exited stage left: none of them had anywhere close to starter-level potential. And if the Steelers' brass were really serious about maintaining continuity, they would have set a GOOD succession plan in place years ago. Instead, their blind adoration for the QB who *won them two Super Bowls* (who also has a certain Dan Marino complex he never has been able to get past) led them to hold on to him, and hold onto him some more--and now this is the result.  The killing thing is this could well be the end of the road for Mike Tomlin, as well.

The question now becomes: does the Steelers head brass see the situation they created by not addressing this sooner, and now start to seriously address it? 🤷‍♂️

(All of this to say I'm right there with @Sport on this...especially having survived seven years living up there and seeing the fellat--you know what I ain't even finna go there right now. 😆)

I can't believe they're now staring at year 3 with zero plan for Ben's successor and it's very very unlike them to let it happen. I think they thought Mason Rudolph was the answer, but by the end of 2019 they should've known he wasn't gonna work. The whole offseason was head-scratching because they're usually so good at filling weaknesses one or two years before the weakness becomes a glaring problem. I've always envied it as a Bengals fan because the Bengals don't address their weaknesses until two years after the weakness is a massive hole cratering the rest of the roster.

I wonder if they were blinded by their own bullcrap with that 11-0 start last year. A lot of us felt like that was smoke and mirrors, but to say anything would've just come off as biased and bitter. But it really was a top heavy team with a bad offensive line and a QB who couldn't throw the ball anymore all propped up by a good defense. They were exposed by the Football Teamers, Bills, and Bengals and then trounced by the Browns in the playoffs. That should've been the sign that they had problems that won't be solved by the magic of "We're the Steelers", but they didn't really do anything to fix their problems. They're also not running an offensive scheme that masks Ben's deficiencies. 

I hope Roethlisberger stays healthy enough to continue to drag the team down like a big, dumb, stupid, fat, garbage-human anchor. Making The Worst People AliveTM watch that pile stomp around and throw ugly interceptions won't be enough justice for the atrocities they've committed over the last 17 years, but it's a good start. The next step will be a Browns/Bears-esque 30 years of wandering in the QB desert.

• Like 5

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Steelers ae just straight up :censored:ed if something happens to Ben.  

They're straight up :censored: ed as long as they blindly keep Ben behind center at this point. As much as the "[Players X, Y, and/or Z] can't be any worse" idea is often oversimplified, it might just be true in this case. Ben can't throw the ball at ALL anymore. He's the poster child right now for "should've retired one year too early vs. one year too late" idea, and maybe it's admirable that he's tried to get every last bit that he can out of his arm, but as long as Tomlin is blindly loyal to him as the starting QB, the Steelers are going nowhere.

I mean, yeah, they're probably going nowhere regardless the QB this year, that's the situation they've created for themselves, but at this point, you have a former recent 1st round draft pick QB on your roster, you might as well see if you have anything there, if any part of Haskins has matured after the way his career began in Washington. And you go with Haskins because Rudolph already had his chance in 2019 and clearly wasn't the answer.

• Like 3

spacer.png

On 9/28/2021 at 5:58 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

That week one loss by the Bills to Pitt is a real head scratcher now.

Watt and Bush both played in that game, when those two are healthy the Steelers D is one of the best in the league. 

I think the Steelers would have traded up(the 5 to 10 range) the past few seasons if they saw there was a "QB of the future" for the taking, but there really wasn't. 

3 hours ago, Luigi74 said:

Watt and Bush both played in that game, when those two are healthy the Steelers D is one of the best in the league. 

I think the Steelers would have traded up(the 5 to 10 range) the past few seasons if they saw there was a "QB of the future" for the taking, but there really wasn't. 

There wasn’t? There hasn’t been ANY qb worth drafting that could throw better than who they have under center currently.

• Like 3

Noted scum bag and piece of trash Lesean McCoy retired today, expressing pride in his two Super Bowl championships (even though he didn't see the field for either the Chiefs or Bucs... probably wasn't even activated.)

Anyway, saw this and it reminded me of what was such a cool (literally) day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."