2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

2 minutes ago, dont care said:

Was he ever considered a bust?

Maybe as late as 2019, but not afterwards. Barring some special cases (Josh Rosen), I don’t think you can declare someone a bust after a one or two seasons but that’s just me.

Edited by Red Comet

Just now, Red Comet said:

Maybe the first season, but not afterwards. Barring some special cases (Josh Rosen), I don’t think you can declare someone a bust after a single season but that’s just me.

How was he his first season? Actually won games with a team that went 0-16 the year prior, and hadn’t won a game until he went in? And had one of the best seasons statistically for a rookie qb. He had a sophomore slump honestly but he still wouldn’t be considered a bust then.

• Like 3

Mac Jones is looking good today. If the RBs could stop fumbling and the OL would stop getting penalized, the Patriots would probably be in a better spot in the game right now.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

CBS is doing a soft focus thing after plays that they did for the first time during the Super Bowl. The NBA did the same thing during the Finals. It looked dumb then and it looks dumb now.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Carson Wentz was supposed to see what it's like to have time in the pocket to throw while having one of the top offensive lines in front of him this season in Indianapolis. 

The goal was for Wentz to avoid being sacked and hit like he did last season (50 sacks) in Philadelphia.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32196353/nfl-week-1-takeaways-learned-big-reaction-questions-stat-leaders-every-game#seaind

Evidence that people who write / commentate don't always watch.  Carson Wentz took a million sacks because he held on to the ball forever - he was timed at one point to be holding it more than any other QB.  It's hard to avoid sacks when you're afraid to throw the ball - the offensive line is irrelevant in that case.  Just hoping he makes it to week 13 unscathed, then maybe one of his over holds will get his ribs shattered.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

42 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

CBS is doing a soft focus thing after plays that they did for the first time during the Super Bowl. The NBA did the same thing during the Finals. It looked dumb then and it looks dumb now.

CBS did it the entirety of last year, though it was utilized more often in the SB than the regular season. I don't think it looks dumb, but I do think it looks out of place in a sporting event - especially in the NFL, when such a thing as "NFL Films" exists for that very purpose.

A side note, the Rams endzone design looks gorgeous. I hope they never change it from tonight.

NSFCvyu.png

4 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Yearly reminder to not overreact to games in Week 1/September.

Having said that, the Browns look really good. This is a title contender. 

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Agree with DG about the stupid video game shots, everyone in my house was bitching about it whenever that showed up. 

Still, that was one hell of a game. Cleveland is the team to beat in the AFC North, prove me wrong.

You both do realize that every time someone says something like that, the hex only grows stronger, right? 😉

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

32 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Nice day for football in Landover:

Yeesh.

I am not even sure what is the logic of routing any pipe in that manner even if it's stormwater runoff...

EDIT: turns out, it was rainwater... but that is still disgusting 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32198995/pipe-bursts-overhead-fedex-field-soaking-washington-football-team-fans

I saw, I came, I left.

That was a real though loss for the Patriots. They really have only themselves to blame, too many penalties & some bad fumbles ended up costing them. 

Of course Miami's defense showing up certainly didn't help at all. 

On the bright side Mac Jones looked fantastic. Despite the loss, I doubt there was much more you could have asked for from a rookie QB making his first start. 

That defense is nothing to scoff at either, and will only be better when they work out the situation with Gilmore.