2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

I really don't know what to make of the Patriots right now. 

Damn that game was a gimme for them and they really blew it.....again. 

I don't want to say they're bad because outside of the New Orleans game, every game they lost has been super close and came down to the last play. I still think they're better than a 2-4 team, or rather they should be. 

Seattle got a huge takeaway from Pittsburgh and then immediately ran off a 16 yard run deep in Pitt territory.

The refs called a phantom holding call, backed Seattle up 10, and they gave the ball right back to Pitt, who then proceeded to march down the field and kick a FG.

Holding shouldn't be allowed to be called in the fourth quarter. Or at least should always be reviewed by the booth. It has way too many game-changing swings and always feels so arbitrary.

EDIT: LOL at the end of this game. Officials aren't so great in the moment. These dummies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That was the strangest end to regulation I have ever seen.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

21 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

That was the strangest end to regulation I have ever seen.

The refs got it right. Everything was correct. But they STILL stopped the the game for 10 minutes to confirm. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

5 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

This team played the sloppiest football I've ever seen, and probably won their most ugliest win ever. All these penalties cannot keep happening.

You must not remember MNF versus the Bills in ‘07. That was the ugliest win I’ve ever seen to this day. I’ll never forget it lol.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the penalties. The refs were being extremely ticky-tacky today and making some literal BS calls (including taking away a Cowboys touchdown (the 3rd down play, not the 4th down one)). I think Belicheck had to have pointed out to something the officials this week because we had some calls against us that you never see and that were the definition of “soft” calls. 

What impressed me was that this was the Cowboys first true stinker of the season and yet they still won. This team can go as far as it wants to. The only thing that can stop them is themselves (and maybe the Cardinals). Obviously, if the Cowboys did this against Arizona or Buffalo, they’re getting blown out. Gotta clean up those self-inflicted mistakes and this team is golden. 

This team reminds me of the ‘16 and ‘07 teams, but with an elite top 3, MVP caliber QB and a true juggernaut on offense. This team is for real. 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

7 hours ago, Cujo said:

The refs got it right. Everything was correct. But they STILL stopped the the game for 10 minutes to confirm. 🤦‍♂️

That was a play that shouldn't have been reviewed, it was a clear catch, run and fumble with clear recovery by Seattle, when the Seahawks spiked the ball was irrelevant since the call for the review guaranteed they'd get a shot at a field goal.

The over/under for the game was either 42 or 42.5 in most sports books, going to OT all but guarantees that the final total is 43 or more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Yeah, there was nothing sentimental about this. The most beloved player in team history used purely as an effort to distract fans from the on going investigations into the team.

There’s also widely despised, egotistical, dancing maniac, brother of Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes, Jackson dancing on the 21 Tribute. He has since issued an apology, but I also don’t know if I should hate him even more for this or if I should question the team’s decision to allow VIPs to stand in that section.

19 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The most beloved player in team history . . .

Really?    I feel there's got to be someone else that wins that prize?  Maybe Darrell Green or John Riggins, just off of the top of my head.

That said, I know that's not the point.  The real point, and it is clear and obvious, is that the WFT threw this together on the spur of the moment to create a smoke screen.

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Most beloved player for the WAS-skins in the past 25 years, absolutely. 

Seems like how Mahomes stays (relatively) humble is to look at his brother. Also, obligatory Thank God social media wasn’t much of a thing beyond MySpace when I was Jackson’s age otherwise there would be a lot more stuff I couldn’t live down. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Really?    I feel there's got to be someone else that wins that prize?  Maybe Darrell Green or John Riggins, just off of the top of my head.

That said, I know that's not the point.  The real point, and it is clear and obvious, is that the WFT threw this together on the spur of the moment to create a smoke screen.

As a Washington fan, I can 100% confirm that within the fan base, Sean Taylor is completely fetishized.

IMO, it’s embarrassing when the team has had all this talent in their history, but fans choose to settle on a player who (unfortunately) never got to grow into his full potential.

I get it. Sean Taylor was one hell of a player. However, I still strongly believe 21 shouldn’t have been retired, but instead given to players who best exemplified the character that Taylor held on the field.

The funny but sad part about the 21 retirement is that the family was gifted a framed NIKE jersey. It’s literally the same thing Landon Collins was gifted when he got denied access by the team to wear 21. There was nothing special or heartfelt about the entire situation. It was strictly business to the team.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

As a Washington fan, I can 100% confirm that within the fan base, Sean Taylor is completely fetishized.

IMO, it’s embarrassing when the team has had all this talent in their history, but fans choose to settle on a player who (unfortunately) never got to grow into his full potential.

I get it. Sean Taylor was one hell of a player. However, I still strongly believe 21 shouldn’t have been retired, but instead given to players who best exemplified the character that Taylor held on the field.

The funny but sad part about the 21 retirement is that the family was gifted a framed NIKE jersey. It’s literally the same thing Landon Collins was gifted when he got denied access by the team to wear 21. There was nothing special or heartfelt about the entire situation. It was strictly business to the team.

Interesting. 

Come to think of it, one of my son's college housemates is a WTF fan and I think he may have a Sean Taylor jersey.  I'll have to confirm for my own edification.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 10/15/2021 at 11:08 PM, the admiral said:

All true, but none of these guys were thinking, "ten years from now, we'll be investigated by the feds, and also by then, the feds will be liberals." So there you go, live every day like it's your last and also as if your emails will be seized by the feds.

Some of these are pretty recent, these aren't all from 10 years ago. Gruden's comments regarding female officials, kneeling during the national anthem and sharing photos were as late as 2018. 

11 hours ago, BBTV said:

How is Aaron Rodgers running around the end zone screaming "I F'ing own you!  I've always owned you!  I'll own you forever!" not taunting?  But little ticky-tack BS is?

They just create more subjective rules so they can manipulate the outcomes, or at least the points.

Because there's different rules for the stars of the league and he was yelling at fans instead of players. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Because there's different rules for the stars of the league and he was yelling at fans instead of players. 

there’s certainly been different rules for different players when it comes to this subjective rule, but being a “star” doesn’t seem to have anything to do with it. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Um, because Rodgers didn't get in the face of an actual Chicago player to say it. Imagine if refs were in charge of assessing penalties for each time a Bears fan screamed "f*** you" or flipped the bird to a Rodgers.

• Like 5

6uXNWAo.png