2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

Maannnn, them Chefs are getting cooked right now--I'm talking straight chunked, scattered, covered and smothered.  I think I just heard this is the first time KC has been down 20+ points since 2016?? That is crazy.  I'm guessing that was also the last time they were shut out in a half? 

As for the Snatit, this is the most complete showing I've seen from them probably ever. We'll see if they keep this up in the second half...that is still KC on the other sideline, after all.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think it's safe the say the honeymoon period for Mahomes & KC is over. 

The defense has fallen apart  and teams have started to figure out Mahomes. 

Who had Bengals as King of the North though? They look really good. Chase is no doubt the frontrunner for OROY.

Patriots also dropped 54 on the Jets today. I know it's the Jets, but still. Between this & the Cowboys games, things finally seem to be clicking for them on offense. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

I think it's safe the say the honeymoon period for Mahomes & KC is over. 

The defense has fallen apart  and teams have started to figure out Mahomes. 

There's a couple things going on here...

- Tampa Bay showed the league the blueprint for how to contain Mahomes and that offense in the Super Bowl: take away the long ball and force them to play ball control i.e. slow down the tempo.  (KC also went into that game banged up, down a couple offensive linemen, so that definitely didn't help.) 

- The other side of the coin of being a dynamic gunslinging playmaker is that when other things break down around you, the ugly side gets amplified, and now it's being magnified. Mahomes' internal wiring for making plays out of the impossible has caused him to commit some ugly turnovers.  That, plus dude is getting straight beat up.   All of that is taking its toll..

- Going back to point one, defenses are taking away the long balls, forcing KC to keep it all underneath. That's not exactly their style, and they're being exposed for it.  Tyreek Hill was a non-factor, and Travis Kelce looked like he's been playing hurt the past couple weeks.

- @Red Comet has remarked on this, but KC's defense is 💩...that ain't helping 💩 either.

- Not talked about but worth mentioning: KC has had deep postseason runs going for a few years now. All those extra games take their toll, and I think the fatigue is starting to show up. 

Now, they still got 10 games amd a lot of football left to play (because 17-game season <_<), but to me KC looks cooked.

• Like 8

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

When you pay your QB $40 million it makes paying for a complete team around him more difficult.

The New England dynasty's greatest strength was Tom Brady getting paid below market.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

When you pay your QB $40 million it makes paying for a complete team around him more difficult.

The New England dynasty's greatest strength was Tom Brady getting paid below market.

^ Add that to the list.

Of course, the other part of NE's greatest strength was paying everybody below market. It's like they brought players in and went all Chuck Daly on them like, "do you wanna win...or do you wanna get paid?".  But hey, hard to argue with all them Super Bowls, so...

• Like 5

I was driving a bunch Thursday, so I forgot to bring up the fact that the Broncos now officially have a losing record after starting 3-0 against the NFL's version of the FCS and C-USA. All of my fears about them have been realized and that's a bummer. Oh well.

Why did the Titans have to wait until they had crap uniforms to get good? Though they lost to the Jets which is weird.

27 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Why did the Titans have to wait until they had crap uniforms to get good? Though they lost to the Jets which is weird.

Granted, the Snatit were turning the corner before they dressed up as Gladiators of the Gridiron, but yeah, I get your point. I've been trying like crazy to find some type of way to like their current uniforms, but...it ain't happening.  There's things about them that can be salvaged, bu--man who am I kidding? The only thing on those worth saving is the sword-shaped yoke--which seriously needs to be just one color.  The numbers--especially the backwards 1s--can get gone tomorrow. 

As for them losing to the Jets...well, both their starting receivers I believe were out for that one, but other than that, well...there's a reason I call them the Snatit, you know...

• Like 4

Oddly the only thing I detest about the Titans uniforms is the switch to the navy helmet. White looked so much better. 

There still not good, but that's the part the irritates me the most. 

Most of the uniform changes have been pretty bad or at best mediocre. 

Bengals -Ok i guess

Jets - meh

Rams - ugly 

Falcons - ugly 

5 hours ago, tBBP said:

Maannnn, them Chefs are getting cooked right now--I'm talking straight chunked, scattered, covered and smothered.  I think I just heard this is the first time KC has been down 20+ points since 2016?? That is crazy.  I'm guessing that was also the last time they were shut out in a half? 

Maybe that’s in the regular season because I know off the top of my head they were down 24-0 to the Texans in the Divisional Round like in 2019 (could have been 2018 too, I don’t remember).

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

^ Add that to the list.

Of course, the other part of NE's greatest strength was paying everybody below market. It's like they brought players in and went all Chuck Daly on them like, "do you wanna win...or do you wanna get paid?".  But hey, hard to argue with all them Super Bowls, so...

That's more the product of Brady since now it's Tampa in that same position. 

Biggest reason Tampa was able to keep everyone from last year was because of Brady. 

They chose The GOAT & Ring(s) over money. 

3 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Wentz with one of the worst picks I’ve ever seen lmao.

People really use to argue that he was better than Dak. Vehemently argue no less. 

Well yeah, Nick Foles won him a ring. Who has bothered to win a ring for Dak?

• Like 3