2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

17 minutes ago, Sport said:

That felt like watching a Marvin Lewis era loss yesterday. Bad tackling, weird gameplan, flat as can be on offense and defense, made a backup QB look like Montana, blew a two score lead late in the game, and all because it looked like they got a little high off their own supply. I'm not mad, just disappointed - I thought this group would be less prone to big-headedness.

Also the helmet-to-helmet call on third and 11 with 2 minutes left basically ended the game. One of the worst calls I've ever seen. 

If it could have been called on both players, it shouldn't get called.

I get the logic for the rule, but it certainly isn't consistently called.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

1 minute ago, Sec19Row53 said:

If it could have been called on both players, it shouldn't get called.

I get the logic for the rule, but it certainly isn't consistently called.

Here's Gene Steratore saying in the politest, most diplomatic, ref way possible that it was a bad call. Still images even make it look like a better call than it was on video. Hilton was about as low as he could get, shoulder positioned slightly above Johnson's knee, about to be as clean a tackle as you can make, then Johnson lowers his helmet into the back of Hilton's and Hilton gets the flag. It doesn't make sense to the written letter of the rule for like 3 different reasons. 

That's not why they lost, but they would've gotten the ball back down 3 with all 3 timeouts and a little under 2 minutes left. They got robbed of one more chance. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

Here's Gene Steratore saying in the politest, most diplomatic, ref way possible that it was a bad call. Still images even make it look like a better call than it was on video. Hilton was about as low as he could get, shoulder positioned slightly above Johnson's knee, about to be as clean a tackle as you can make, then Johnson lowers his helmet into the back of Hilton's and Hilton gets the flag. It doesn't make sense to the written letter of the rule for like 3 different reasons. 

That's not why they lost, but they would've gotten the ball back down 3 with all 3 timeouts and a little under 2 minutes left. They got robbed of one more chance. 

I trust Gene Steratore's analysis completely, as he was the head official for inarguably the most important game in NFL history, where the greatest QB of all time Tom Brady was rendered completely impotent in his team's crushing loss to the incredibly-endowed Nick Foles and the Super Bowl LII Champion Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl LII.

I've actually said forever that helmet-to-helmet, roughing the passer, and many other 15-yard penalties should not only be reviewable, but unless it's so obvious that the on-field official can throw the flag, there should be an independent official upstairs who's only job is to monitor for safety-related fouls, and buzz down when they need to look at something.

These things occur so fast that it's nearly impossible for humans who usually aren't in perfect position to call accurately, and they change games.  I don't want games to be 5-hrs long, but I do want the outcomes to be legitimate, and for a team not to have the game - and potentially its whole season - thrown awry by a drive and momentum killing penalty.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

Meanwhile, and I saw this coming a mile away, depending on MRI results, the Snatit might well end up losing their MVP the rest of the way.

It was inevitable. That usage is unsustainable. He had 29 carries in a blowout of KC!  They were up 27 at halftime of that game and still running their MVP RB into the ground in the 4th quarter.

The Colts are on the other end of the spectrum. Once Taylor hits a certain number of touches they ignore him and let Wentz lose the game for them.

• Like 3

IUe6Hvh.png

19 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Rams gonna be a PROBLEM now!!! ✊

Raiders and Chargers are still above .500 so that's good.

Seahawks beat a college team. big deal.

1 - As if they weren't already at [checks record] 7-1
2 - This isn't the NBA, where a single player can generally alter a team's performance

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

56 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Is Von Miller still good? I haven't heard his name since Cam Newton was still good. That's been a while.

Yes but he isn’t what he once was. Playing with Donald will certainly help tho. 

Speaking on the Cowboys, it’s wild that they are 6-1 yet only have the 4th best record in the conference lmao. The NFC is nutty this year. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

8 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

He’s been regressing significantly the past two years

Hmm, what? Are we just saying things now? Lmao.

Miller didn’t play a single snap last season.. and in 2019 despite having single digit sacks, he was still top 10 in QB pressures. This year before missing the last two games, he was again top 10 in QB pressures.

He’s definitely not what he once was, but he’s still a really good pass rusher. Saying he’s regressing significantly the last two years is pure hyperbole especially considering he didn’t play at all last year lmaoo.

Going to the game against the Midgets tonight. I don’t think I’m going to learn anything about the Chiefs if they win, but if they lose? Maybe it’s better if they lose. Might light enough of a fire under everyone’s asses. Or cause heads to roll. Either option is fine by me.

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Hmm, what? Are we just saying things now? Lmao.

Miller didn’t play a single snap last season.. and in 2019 despite having single digit sacks, he was still top 10 in QB pressures. This year before missing the last two games, he was again top 10 in QB pressures.

He’s definitely not what he once was, but he’s still a really good pass rusher. Saying he’s regressing significantly the last two years is pure hyperbole especially considering he didn’t play at all last year lmaoo.

Oh, my mistake. I meant the past two seasons he’s played, lmao

Also, saying Miller is “still a really good pass rusher” is essentially acknowledging that he was once great, but has regressed. He’s on pace for single digit sacks for the second straight playing season, his tackles have been steadily decreasing, his TFL is pretty stagnant, and QB Hits are decreasing.

If he’s so great, shouldn’t those numbers be increasing? lmaoo

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

28 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Oh, my mistake. I meant the past two seasons he’s played, lmao

In 2018, he was 4th in the NFL in sacks and posted the second best sack total of his career. So he only has had one “down” year. 

Also, saying Miller is “still a really good pass rusher” is essentially acknowledging that he was once great, but has regressed. He’s on pace for single digit sacks for the second straight playing season, his tackles have been steadily decreasing, his TFL is pretty stagnant, and QB Hits are decreasing.

This isn’t true. He has 4.5 sacks in 6 games. With 9 games left in the season for the Rams, he’s on pace for 11 sacks this season. Might even get more now since he’s playing for the league’s best pass rushing team. 

He’s no longer a DPOY candidate, and on the wrong side of 30, but he’s still an elite pass rusher and now playing along side Donald and Co. he’ll be lethal as the 2nd best option. I ain’t saying he hasn’t regressed, but you’re acting like he’s washed up, which he certainly isn’t.

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Seahawks beat a college team. big deal.

That's just wrong and you know it.

They beat a JV high school team...Get it right. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Is Von Miller still good? I haven't heard his name since Cam Newton was still good. That's been a while.

I can't speak for Von Miller since I really don't pay any mind to the AFC West, but I do every now and then wonder how certain guys are still in the league--and playing at something close to a high level.  Like I keep looking at Tampa D-Line and wondering how in the world Jason Pierre-Paul is still playing--only to completely forget that Ndamukong Suh still plays on that same line.

Ol' man Brady must be inspiring some kind of feigned-youth movement down there or something...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||