2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I just want one Scientologist QB. The hilarity would be unstoppable!

On 3/23/2020 at 9:39 PM, the admiral said:
On 3/17/2020 at 8:39 PM, SFGiants58 said:

I see him joining Scientology and how that becomes a big narrative in the season. Then he tries to leave the church and it turns into a truly big legal battle. That’s far more fun than anything football-related.

Scientology still has a big outpost in the Tampa Bay Area, doesn’t it?

Oh God this is definitely going to happen. Some reporter will see a copy of Dianetics in his stall, ask what the hell that's doing there, million-dollar smile, "oh that? Hey, I'm just trying to read whatever I can for inspiration on the field, I'm all about keeping an open mind and a positive attitude and listening to everyone's side of the story," six months later, his wife is missing

any day now

Also, I guess the long-awaited answer to "WHYYYYYY won't the terrible Packers organization get out of the way and let Aaron Rodgers make all his own personnel decisions?" is "he tries to cure the novel coronavirus with wheatgrass smoothies"

• Like 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 hours ago, gothedistance said:

We've been robbed of Rodgers vs Mahomes

**Gifted we don't have to see Karen Rodgers

"The Immunized One" could hang 'em up after today and I'd be 100% good with it. ✌️

• Like 10

6uXNWAo.png

11 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Something about the timing of A-Rod's report of being unvaccinated doesn't seem right. There are people out there who have an agenda. 

He's the one who said it, though.

• Like 7

I always thought the 2008 logo looked like the logo for a "faith-centered" casual-dining restaurant, which is what I suspect McAlister's actually is.

The Rodgers story is annoying and disturbing, but I've accepted it as the cost of doing business. Your favorite white celebrities get all their medical advice from the janitor on NewsRadio. Your favorite black celebrities think Jewish people are bipedal space alligators in disguise. If you're lucky, they haven't been to a certain spot in the Virgin Islands. I just have a ticket to the show, I guess.

• Like 6

Part of me wants to defend  Aaron Rodgers for not getting vaccinated because obviously the guys is very intelligent and it didn’t make his decision to forgo the vaccine lightly and he’s not obligated to let anyone, let alone the media know his vaccine status. He knew that if it came out that he hadn’t been vaccinated, there would be a :censored:storm like the one we are currently witnessing. On the other hand, rules is rules, even if they’re not particularly logical. On the other-other hand, I’ve never liked Rodgers. I’ve always thought he was selfish and thought of himself as being smarter than everyone else he was dealing with. The way he has navigated  this whole debacles kinda embarrassing for him and just confirms for me that he is an ass.

To me, the issue isn’t whether he chose to be vaccinated or not, the issue is that it’s been handled poorly by Rodgers and the Packers and apparently the NFL. They would have known he hadn’t been vaccinated and was violating their COVID protocols on a daily basis.

9 hours ago, gothedistance said:

We've been robbed of Rodgers vs Mahomes.

Something about the timing of A-Rod's report of being unvaccinated doesn't seem right. There are people out there who have an agenda. 

Seriously?

We'll, if so, whoever it is with that "agenda" and the power to make it happen can "rob"  me of Rodgers anytime they want. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Part of me wants to defend  Aaron Rodgers for not getting vaccinated because obviously the guys is very intelligent

Yeah...what a genius.

Oh, wait, he's not. He's yet another moron who's confused confirmation bias-confirming Google searching with the actual scientific method. 

And if he's lying about his status to teammates and people he's playing against (and employees in the Packers organization who may have immunocompromised family they may have unwittingly exposed), then his status absolutely is other people's business.

Goodbye Rodgers. Goodbye State Farm commercials. Goodbye Jeopardy talk. He can get :censored:ed. His reputation (among people not taking horse poop pills simultaneously in love with the smell of their own farts) is :censored:ed, and I'm glad about that.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

His whole thing "it's silly that I have to wear a mask even though I test negative every day and am in a room with reporters who all have to be vaccinated..." - but then he says "people who are vaccinated still get and spread covid" - those two statements kinda cancel each other out.  He's saying he shouldn't have to wear a mask because he's around people that by his own admission can still spread covid to him... who is unvaccinated.

He's not smart at all - and what's worse is that he thinks he's really smart.  You don't or can't get vaccinated?  Fine - wear your mask, get tested, and STFU.  Don't say dumb silly things that only silly dummies believe.  I guess athletes who get paid to hit each other's heads aren't the rocket sciences that they were made out to be.

• Like 16

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, gothedistance said:

We've been robbed of Rodgers vs Mahomes.

It came out because he got COVID. JFC, not everything is a conspiracy.

4 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Part of me wants to defend  Aaron Rodgers for not getting vaccinated because obviously the guys is very intelligent...

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, JayMac said:

I've learned that mostly all athletes of today are part of that 5-10% of the population that is bat:censored: crazy. 

Rodgers is a tool.

A few years ago, Deadspin embarked on an aggressive campaign to demonstrate that athletes (non-hockey) were smarter and more insightful than the general population and all had the correct thoughts on The Issues, that it was the jocks who were Actually Good all along and the nerds who were Actually Bad. Chris Kluwe had already fallen well short of being the greatest fighter for human dignity that the world had ever known, but it seems like the pandemic was especially hard on their thesis, with even Saint LeBron having weird thoughts on vaccines that no one could adequately handwave away. I don't think you can compete at a professional level if you're not, on matters of health and wellness, something of a crackpot.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, IceCap said:
2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Yeah...what a genius.

Look, I’m not defending the other nonsense the guy has been spewing the last couple days, I’m just saying that whether he’s vaccinated or not does not make him stupid. His reasoning and behavior is bizarre  to say the least. He’s a weird guy and maybe saying he’s  very intelligent is an overstatement but I don’t think it’s fair to say the guy’s  stupid. I think he’s a smart guy with  a HUGE ego, who can’t handle being questioned or criticized. So he got cute with the media and it has bitten him in the ass.  Is he an A-hole who uses big words to show you that he’s better than you? Yea definitely. He definitely lacks the self awareness to admit he screwed up, so instead of just being honest, he’s trying to thesaurus his way out of the mess he created and he ends up looking even more like a d-bag. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, the admiral said:

A few years ago, Deadspin embarked on an aggressive campaign to demonstrate that athletes (non-hockey) were smarter and more insightful than the general population and all had the correct thoughts on The Issues, that it was the jocks who were Actually Good all along and the nerds who were Actually Bad.

The post-GamerGate attitude towards “the nerds” helped create this. Deadspin tried to find inspiration in “the athletes,” only to find that they’re the epitome of broken clocks. Right on some key issues, but absolutely loopy crackpots on most other things. Also, they forgot the massive amount of brain damage among NFL players. 

If Crime in Sports has taught me anything, it’s that NFL players are more likely than usual to go crazy from brain damage (compounded by steroids, booze, and cocaine).

• Like 5

Actually, I think what Deadspin was tapping into is exposure of black athlete minds rather than black athlete performance. For a lot of their audience, their only exposure to black people or other people of color is through sports or entertainment. Deadspin provided a platform to allow athletes to express views on social issues in a way that didn't exist before. Or as much.

The novelty of platform doesn't need to necessarily be full approval and endorsement.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags