2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

27 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

The post-GamerGate attitude towards “the nerds” helped create this. Deadspin tried to find inspiration in “the athletes,” only to find that they’re the epitome of broken clocks. Right on some key issues, but absolutely loopy crackpots on most other things. Also, they forgot the massive amount of brain damage among NFL players. 

A great point that Freddie deBoer made is that it's not the people at the top who enforce the social order but the people who are second from the top. That's how you get the bright young faces of Stuyvesant High School and Skidmore College tweeting "uh bullying is awesome and works" at nerds while the jocks themselves are just listening to Joe Rogan podcasts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Part of me wants to defend  Aaron Rodgers for not getting vaccinated because obviously the guys is very intelligent and it didn’t make his decision to forgo the vaccine lightly and he’s not obligated to let anyone, let alone the media know his vaccine status. He knew that if it came out that he hadn’t been vaccinated, there would be a :censored:storm like the one we are currently witnessing. On the other hand, rules is rules, even if they’re not particularly logical. On the other-other hand, I’ve never liked Rodgers. I’ve always thought he was selfish and thought of himself as being smarter than everyone else he was dealing with. The way he has navigated  this whole debacles kinda embarrassing for him and just confirms for me that he is an ass.

To me, the issue isn’t whether he chose to be vaccinated or not, the issue is that it’s been handled poorly by Rodgers and the Packers and apparently the NFL. They would have known he hadn’t been vaccinated and was violating their COVID protocols on a daily basis.

Aaron Rodgers isn’t intelligent. He is arrogant and thinks he’s the smartest guy in any room which gives off the perception of being intelligent. The reality is that he is just a dumb as any other football player, he just has the benefit of being a white quarterback which the general public have been told for 100 years are the smartest leaders in all sports, when in reality that only applies on the field.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Either Rodgers is really that obtuse, or he is playing mind games.

HE WENT TO JOE FXCKIGN ROGAN FOR HEALTHCARE ADVICE

If this truly is "mind games" on Rodgers' part, he's taking a fat L for it. Public perception completely destroyed, teammates and peers in the league turning on him, companies dropping him as their spokesman, the list goes on..

• Like 8

6uXNWAo.png

What about the fact that he, for all intents and purposes, lied to everyone and the Packers kind of covered it up for him? Yeah, that's something to think about.

Now, while it does rob the nation of a battle between Rodgers and Mahomes.. there is a silver lining here: Jordan Love gets his first start in the NFL against Mahomes and at a very, very loud Arrowhead. This is a chance to see if he is indeed the QB of the future there or if they may have to beg for Mr. 'Big Brain' on the bench to stay another year.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Like, look at UrinatingTree making the big false equivalency.

Tree, before he got famous with his sports videos, did video game play throughs and videos where he whined about CNN and Hillary Clinton. It wouldn't shock me if he's sympathetic to the anti-vaxx/QAnon crowd and just got good at not talking about it.

So let's see if/how he self destructs over this.

• Like 4

I just found out that Aaron Rodgers's girlfriend drinks liquid clay to "remove toxins." I'm sure they have interesting conversations at the dinner table, dinners in which at least one of them drinks clay.

• Like 10

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

47 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Tree, before he got famous with his sports videos, did video game play throughs and videos where he whined about CNN and Hillary Clinton. It wouldn't shock me if he's sympathetic to the anti-vaxx/QAnon crowd and just got good at not talking about it.

So let's see if/how he self destructs over this.

It seems like he's trying to play himself off as being "reasonable" and "laughing at both sides," but the enlightened centrism always misses the mark.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

It seems like he's trying to play himself off as being "reasonable" and "laughing at both sides," but the enlightened centrism always misses the mark.

I've enjoyed his videos, but I think it's clear from his opinions on the Washington Football Team's renaming (in his video on Dan Snyder he says both sides are wrong, if I remember correctly) that he considers himself an "enlightened centrist". He doesn't take a side because being passionate about something is for losers.

• Like 5

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I just found out that Aaron Rodgers's girlfriend drinks liquid clay to "remove toxins." I'm sure they have interesting conversations at the dinner table, dinners in which at least one of them drinks clay.

outflanking the TB12 method by bringing in second-tier Goopers is next level. Rodgers is steps ahead of us.

• Like 5

Minnesota, tho... 🤦‍♂️

...and man did Josh Allen make some big plays today.  (No, not that Josh Allen...the other one.)  So um, how bout them Jaguars??? *scratches head* Or maybe it's "what up with them Bills tho"??

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Good god am I watching the 2015/16 49ers? This is flat out awful. Getting trucked by Arizona backups. Can’t hold onto the ball at all. Oh yeah no 1st round pick either. Garoppolo hasn’t been bad today, but still. 

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion