2021 NBA Offseason

GDAWG

Sixers fans are trying to sell their Ben Simmons gear. Nobody wants it.

“If you want to come exchange one Tic Tac for this jersey, I will literally take anything,”

"she bought the Simmons doll in August because Philly sports items tend to sell, not realizing the only attention her listing would get would be negative."

“I’ll give you [$]5 just to burn it,”

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simmons came to the middle school where my wife teaches so I got her to get a ball signed for me. I might just keep it for the story I may have to tell about the entitled brat who couldn't attempt a shot in a playoff game.

The only thing worse than not believing someone else's mental illness is faking having one.

Either the team or Simmons is going to look like total :censored:s here.

Not sure what Philadelphia can get for Simmons but I hope it doesn't set them back because I really want Embiid to at least get to the Finals at some point.

7 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

The only thing worse than not believing someone else's mental illness is faking having one.

I think there's obviously some anxiety issues going on - but pretty much all athletes have some level of "sports anxiety", whether it's "Steve Blass" disease, or Mackey Sasser not being able to throw the ball back to the pitcher, or whatever.  Ben obviously has sports anxiety, and probably also has some social anxiety.  Honestly I do too.  Lots of people do - it's nothing to be ashamed of.

But according to reports (or... what the team is leaking), it was kinda like "so Ben... you gonna come to practice tomorrow?"  "nah"  "ok... you're going to get fined"  "mental health!  You can't fine me!  HAHAHA!!! Mental health!!!"

If the reality is that it went down another way, and if he reported it in a professional manner (and maybe even had some documentation like what is required to get FMLA) and the team accused him of faking it instead of providing support, then the ownership group should be expelled from the league forever.  No company could get away with turning their back on an employee with legit mental health issues, and no NBA team should get away with it either.

However, his teammates thought that he faked contact with someone with Covid just to get out of playing game 7, so none of them believe this.  It's ironic, because faking something like that to get out of game 7 indicates that there's an issue, but because of that, nobody believes there's an issue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Even Jason Kelce had a press conference to trash Ben Simmons.  It's one thing for his teammates to do it - it's a whole other for a guy on a team in a whole other sport to do it.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=32446720

""I tell guys, you write your own narrative. I don't want to crush any other players, but what's going on with the 76ers, Ben Simmons, stuff like that, all of that is because of a lack of accountability, a lack of owning up to mistakes and a lack of correcting things," Kelce said. "If all that got corrected, if you're fixing free throws, if you're getting better as a player, none of this is happening. So everybody can :censored: and complain about how tough this city is to play in. Just play better, man. This city will love you.""

"There's a lot of people that say it's a hard place to play. I think it's pretty f---ing easy, to be honest with you," Kelce said. "You just go out there and play hard. You want to be loved in this city as a baseball player? Run to first base. They're going to f---ing love you. That's what it comes down to. If you come up here and make a bunch of excuses, you come up here and try to lie to them and act like they don't know what they're talking about -- which sometimes they don't -- when you act that way or you aren't accountable, you're making mistakes or you're not getting better, they're going to crush you."

"Everybody's going to get crushed at some point, everybody is going to go through a downturn and be struggling, and at all times this city is going to keep you accountable for doing your job and performing. But if you stick to it and you fight through it and you get better, they'll respect the hell out of you. Even if you're struggling and you're fighting and you're trying, they're still going to respect you. That's what I think most guys miss. I really don't think this is a hard place to play at all. I think a hard place to play is ... I think it would be miserable to play in a place like Jacksonville, where nobody cares."

12 minutes ago, BBTV said:

"Everybody's going to get crushed at some point, everybody is going to go through a downturn and be struggling, and at all times this city is going to keep you accountable for doing your job and performing. But if you stick to it and you fight through it and you get better, they'll respect the hell out of you. Even if you're struggling and you're fighting and you're trying, they're still going to respect you. That's what I think most guys miss. I really don't think this is a hard place to play at all. I think a hard place to play is ... I think it would be miserable to play in a place like Jacksonville, where nobody cares."

what.gif

BUURRRNNNED.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

15 minutes ago, Digby said:

I had the most mediocre BBQ of my life in Jacksonville. I won't say "bad" because it's hard to truly screw it up. But I've had BBQ in a lot of cities and towns in this country, and Jacksonville missed the mark.

Imma tell you the same thing I tell everyone else when they go trying food in different places:

Find the hood spots...that's where the good stuff is.  (Just don't travel down Moncrief after sundown...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Suns aren't moving; if anything, Sarver :censored:ing off and eat :censored: may actually be a boon for the Suns overall, given how many people in the city hate Sarver's guts because of all the :censored: he's pulled.

Plus, the NBA would be absolute idiots to move a team in one of the biggest markets in the US that just went to the Finals and has been in this exact market for 54 seasons, especially in light of their already-broadcasted interest in expansion.

EDIT: I just realized, CP3 was on the Clips when the Sterling incident broke, wasn't he?

They put a new 'code of conduct' in place to basically stop the 'F Ben Simmons' chants.  We'll see how long it lasts.

Archived