NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

The NFL's new initiative for mandatory women and black coaches on offense is interesting because it's kind of at cross-purposes with itself. One half of the argument is that women don't need to have played the game to coach it, which, I don't know, maybe. The other is that it's not fair that players are overwhelmingly black while their coaches are overwhelmingly white, which we've all acknowledged the trouble with for years, but that implicitly makes the argument that playing should provide a roadmap to coaching insofar as there are few black coaches to my knowledge who didn't play at the college/pro level prior to coaching. I suppose it can all be part of life's rich tapestry, but it just feels like the NFL is trying to do good p.r. because something bad is about to drop again.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, Cujo said:

Translation: Watson was out looking for sex.

Cleveland's problem now.

I don't get it, why do morons like Watson pull this :censored: if all they want is a handy?

Like there aren't a hundred other ways he could have got some that wouldn't have been a problem for anyone. 

Hell, he could have just asked Kraft to set him up. 

• Like 5

Just now, tp49 said:

Bruce Arians retiring as Bucs head coach.  Todd Bowles to be next HC.  I hope for the sake of the fans in Tampa that Bowles learned some lessons from his time as Jets HC.

With Arians gone, we all know Brady will be the real coach anyway. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tp49 said:

Bruce Arians retiring as Bucs head coach.  Todd Bowles to be next HC.  I hope for the sake of the fans in Tampa that Bowles learned some lessons from his time as Jets HC.

He learned not to work for the Jets. That's invaluable right there! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Bobby Wagner signed with the Rams today for 5 years.

I don't understand how that's possible, but good for him. Make that money (and I think he's his own agent too?).

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I remember when the Rams became the most forgettable team in the league after the GSOT era in St. Louis. Moving to Los Angeles, they immediately gain fame... and now mirror their local baseball team.

8 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Snyder broke the golden rule; don't ever:censored: with the IRS, because they WILL come at you for it.

They got Al Capone on tax evasion. The :Redacted:/Football Team/Commmanders/Whatever they’ll be in 5 years when they want to move as far the hell away from the Snyder era ASAP front office circa whenever this news broke:

We are constantly hearing about things when it comes to Snyder, but he's still in the owner's box. I can't really just assume that he will be gone based on that, because it's something that many people have been assuming for a while. I'm aware it takes time to do investigations, but he's been able to avoid being axed for a decade. This guy might actually be able to get away with murder.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

We are constantly hearing about things when it comes to Snyder, but he's still in the owner's box. I can't really just assume that he will be gone, because it's something that many people have been assuming for a while. I'm aware it takes time to do investigations and I don't think I can fully grasp how powerful this guy is, but he's seemed to avoid being axed somehow. This doesn't change much for me.

As an owner, actively :censored:ing with the finances of other owners is, like, the line you don't cross for any reason. Leagues don't take kindly to that kind of :censored: at all, so if this has legs then Snyder might be in big trouble.

Especially in the NFL, where making money is everything.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

As an owner, actively :censored:ing with the finances of other owners is, like, the line you don't cross for any reason.

Fingers crossed it's the thing to end him.

• Like 4

The other team owners have put up with a lot from Snyder up to and including sex trafficking, but now he's taking money directly out of their pockets. That's gotta be it for him. Maybe he'll go to prison. That'd be fine.

In an unrelated story, someone seems to have gene-spliced Tank and Chris Russo and this is what happened:

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Other owners protected Snyder for the other stuff just to have their own Ace in the event that they too were caught doing something nefarious in the future, but I hope that being a wildcard and f***ing with their money is where they draw the line.

14 hours ago, the admiral said:

The other team owners have put up with a lot from Snyder up to and including sex trafficking, but now he's taking money directly out of their pockets. That's gotta be it for him. Maybe he'll go to prison. That'd be fine.

In an unrelated story, someone seems to have gene-spliced Tank and Chris Russo and this is what happened:

No team produces more bozo fans like this than the Steelers. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 hours ago, Sport said:

No team produces more bozo fans like this than the Steelers. 

I didn't do any additional digging on this guy because my depression over the fact that real human beings like this exist won out over my morbid curiosity, but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest to find out that he's a Steelers fan.

spacer.png