College Football 2022

MJWalker45

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think that's where ESPN/Fox/CBS all cut one check for all the sports to each school and then it's divvied up based on who brings in what. So football and basketball players cget a bigger cut than the track team, lacrosse, and baseball. 

But the sports aren't all broadcast by the same entity, so that isn't what happens. Each sport negotiates its own contracts.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

But the sports aren't all broadcast by the same entity, so that isn't what happens. Each sport negotiates its own contracts.

The conferences negotiate these, or so I thought. There will be different paperwork for each sport but they should still be going to a single pot then it gets split from there. That's how I understand it anyways.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Sort of

College football is done conference by conference after the College Football Alliance was shot down by the Supreme Court, so there's no blanket TV contract for college football. As a result, each conference has their own TV deals, usually for all the sports in the conference but in some cases divided up sport by sport. College football's got its own ecosystem with the College Football Playoff and bowl games each having their own TV deals. Then the NCAA Championships have Men's Basketball as one contract with CBS/Turner, then the vast majority of the rest of D-1 sports' television rights all under one contract with ESPN. However, that latter contract also includes women's basketball along with every other sport, so that's come under fire lately as the women's basketball tournament could make a lot more money going by itself than at the comparative bargain ESPN's getting as including it with the non-revenue NCAA Championships contract. With the way things are going, I could see them breaking off the NCAA Tournament rights for women's basketball and maybe some or all of baseball, softball, FCS football, men's hockey, and lacrosse (combined into men's and women's rights) tournaments into separate, independent contracts that would be up for bid while the remainder of the non-revenues stick into that blanket deal.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34367434/long-oklahoma-sooners-football-assistant-cale-gundy-resigns-reading-aloud-shameful-word-player-ipad

If you think shaming a player for not paying attention in meetings is a good idea, maybe don't read his personal musings out loud to the rest of the team:

He said he noticed that a player, who was supposed to be taking notes during a film session, was distracted and said he picked up the player's iPad and read the words on the screen, including the unspecified term.

"The unfortunate reality is that someone in my position can cause harm without ever meaning to do so," Gundy wrote in a statement posted to his Twitter account. "In that circumstance, a man of character accepts accountability. I take responsibility for this mistake. I apologize."

Gundy said that in the moment he "did not even realize" what he was reading and, as soon as he did, "I was horrified."

"I want to be very clear: the words I read aloud from that screen were not my words. What I said was not malicious; it wasn't even intentional," Gundy wrote. "Still, I am mature enough to know that the word I said was shameful and hurtful, no matter my intentions."

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 minutes ago, See Red said:

Feel like there's more to the story here.

He either said a word that will get non-blacks punched in the face, or he made a reference to a female that involves seeing them on certain days of the week. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

He either said a word that will get non-blacks punched in the face, or he made a reference to a female that involves seeing them on certain days of the week. 

Or a slur referring to gay men.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

So apparently he has repetitively used that one word, not just this time.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Big Ten is close to not only be on FOX, NBC AND CBS..

Espn is about to not broadcast Big Ten football or basketball for the 1st time in 40 years.

I wonder if that NBC deal includes extra money for Notre Dame if they move to the Big Ten. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34409215/simon-fraser-moves-4-football-games-canada-us-due-covid-19-vaccination-entry-requirements

Simon Fraser moved 4 home games to Blaine, Washington because of Covid-19 restrictions not allowing people without at least two shots to enter the country. 

"Simon Fraser plays at the Division II level and is the only Canadian school that is a member of the NCAA. Visitors entering Canada are currently required to be fully vaccinated.

Simon Fraser's games against Texas A&M-Kingsville (Oct. 1), Western New Mexico (Oct. 22), Angelo State (Oct. 29) and West Texas A&M (Nov. 12) are being moved to the stadium in Blaine that has an artificial turf field and covered seating for 2,000. Blaine is last town in Washington along Interstate 5 before reaching the border with Canada".

• WOAH 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Considering that most, if not all, of the fans of the Texas teams fall under the 'have two shots' category, it makes sense to move these games from their home field to one where they can play.

The games will be at Blaine High School, which is about 28 miles (or 45 kilometers) from the school.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 12:23 PM, Seadragon76 said:

Considering that most, if not all, of the fans of the Texas teams fall under the 'have two shots' category, it makes sense to move these games from their home field to one where they can play.

The games will be at Blaine High School, which is about 28 miles (or 45 kilometers) from the school.

I'm guessing it's less about the fans and more likely that some of the coaches and players have refused to do the two shots. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I’ve basically stopped caring about the Scott Frost-led Huskers. 

After that onside kick up 11 I laughed my ass off and even cheered when they blew the lead. 

As a fan of the Huskers, it’s terrible, but as a person who likes to observe Nebraska football this is riveting. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience