College Football 2022

MJWalker45

6 hours ago, nickp91 said:

The insane attendance at Acrisure Stadium should tell people what rivalries mean and why they need kept

As a Pitt fan the build up this week and the game last night were amazing! The schools need to lock the game into the Thursday before Labor Day slot long term, the next three years they'll play the second or third week of the season.

9 hours ago, nickp91 said:

The insane attendance at Acrisure Stadium should tell people what rivalries mean and why they need kept

Okay...I missed something in this. I was sitting here thinking Pitt had a new stadium or something.

When the heck did Heinz Field get renamed???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

10 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I was ready to crown Purdue as B1G West champs, but that time management was atrocious. 

Still, that’s a scary team offensively because every skill position guy is 24. I love them. 

Yeah what were they doing? The Dan Quinn School of Time Management was on full display in those last 6 or so minutes.  And then icing on the cake not calling a timeout with 29 seconds left and letting it run down to 20ish. Weird, weird stuff. They should've won that game.

11 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I agree, It just feels WRONG that Heinz Field got renamed

Not to mention Acrisure is based in Michigan while Heinz is a Pittsburgh institution

Let me guess...Acrisure is some kind of insurance or hedge fund company, isn't it?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

19 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I agree, It just feels WRONG that Heinz Field got renamed

Not to mention Acrisure is based in Michigan while Heinz is a Pittsburgh institution

ohio now, after kraft bought them out.

Honestly? meh, both names are corporate so doesnt matter terribly much. 

• Like 3

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

38 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Let me guess...Acrisure is some kind of insurance or hedge fund company, isn't it?

Yep. Insurance broker to be exact

31 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

ohio now, after kraft bought them out.

Honestly? meh, both names are corporate so doesnt matter terribly much. 

Kraft-Heinz is Actually co-HQ'ed in Pittsburgh and Chicago

NCAAFs next steps:

Eliminate all conferences.

All Division 1 teams play an equal/balanced schedule.

Allow wins and losses determine the best teams instead of a rankings system.

Players are given actual contracts (not just earning off NIL) on an equal level as pros.

Salary cap.

Max contracts only to HS recruits who choose to stay in-state for college to promote fairness between all D1 teams.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

About damn time. Would’ve preferred 8, but this works too. 

This will not change the end result, but it will make getting there a lot more fun. 

Recently playoffs have all been blowouts, and nobody cares about the New Year’s 6. Now, we’ll get the same number of blowouts, but actually competitive and MEANINGFUL New Years Six-type games.

Add in a G5 autobid, and that’s all I really need. Should be a fun few years before the breakaway. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Yeah...before we get too excited about the playoff expansion, you may wanna check and see who the helmsmen are in charge of that ship (really more like who financed its construction) because if it's still majority-controlled by the major conferences, all that means is more of their teams will get in now. 

The only way CFB playoffs will be true and fair is to a/ eliminate the preseason rankings; b/ allow each conference champion a shot in the tournament and c/ seed teams by win-loss record (and then if need be, points for/points against in-conference and then overall to break any potential ties).

But we know the powers that be ain't finna do that, because that would sacrifice too much moola...

55 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

So I assume the best team's players are now going to make the NFL minimum since they'll be playing an NFL-length schedule?

Let's add a conference tournament while we're at it.

boo hoo… every other division in college has a playoff system, and plays up to an NFL length season. Most FBS schools all have top dollar recovery and training rooms, indoor facilities, and locker rooms. Not to mention they have the ability to earn money from their likeness, AND get their education.