College Football 2022

MJWalker45

On 9/2/2022 at 3:18 PM, Cujo said:

College football going in the right direction..

Players earning money ✅

A true playoff format ✅

Nice of College Football to finally implement a 12 team version of the plan I came up with 12 years ago right here on these boards.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

16 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Visionary😁

You can look it up. It's somewhere in the 2010 College Football thread. Pretty sure I re-posted it many times over the years. The only real difference is my playoff was 8 teams. Other than that, they're doing pretty much exactly what I proposed.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

12 minutes ago, WJMorris3 said:

I still think it should be a 10-team playoff - the ten conference champions. If you don't win your conference title, what right should you have to be in the playoffs?

When you aren’t even ranked what right should you have to be in the playoffs. See works both ways. I’ll take the route they are going with over yours where 8-4 coastal Carolina gets in based on playing in a conference of losers and then having Alabama drop 100 on them.

1 minute ago, dont care said:

When you aren’t even ranked what right should you have to be in the playoffs. See works both ways. I’ll take the route they are going with over yours where 8-4 coastal Carolina gets in based on playing in a conference of losers and then having Alabama drop 100 on them.

Yeah, but if all conference champions are invited, you'll never see any of the 124 NCAA FBS conference members win every game they play and not make the playoff.

LvZYtbZ.png

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

You can look it up. It's somewhere in the 2010 College Football thread. Pretty sure I re-posted it many times over the years. The only real difference is my playoff was 8 teams. Other than that, they're doing pretty much exactly what I proposed.

Sorry - that wasn't a shot. I was calling you a visionary.

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I'm not digging through all that :censored:. @IceCap can verify.

We've been talking about that plan as our "college football playoff fix" for AT LEAST eight years on BASS.