College Football 2022

MJWalker45

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think you discussed this on multiple BASS episodes as well.

BASS, Basically a Football Show, here. Hell, I even sent it to Sports Illustrated after I read an article about how screwed up the BCS was. That's probably what led to it being stolen. 😎

• LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

Iowa scoring exactly 7 points w/o a touchdown and winning...and UNC giving up 40 points in a single quarter yet still winning.  On the same Saturday.

Only college football 🤣

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 9/3/2022 at 12:27 AM, Dilbert said:

Might just give Notre Dame some incentive to join a conference

From a Notre Dame perspective, I think this playoff field bolsters independence rather than offers incentive to join a conference (remember that ND's athletic director was one of the four guys who drew up this plan). Six at-large berths means ND will always have a very clear path to making the playoff and, if the program remains at its current level, will make said playoff frequently.

I also don't think the inability to get a bye is a big deal and, if the playoff doesn't re-rank between rounds based on the actual rankings vs. seeding, I think you could make a strong case that being the No. 5 or No. 6 seed is better for a team like ND than being the No. 3 or No. 4 seed. 2021 Notre Dame would have been seeded at No. 6 as an at-large, needing to beat No. 11 Utah at home and No. 3 Cincinnati to make a semifinal. Had ND been the ACC champion though, for example, they would've been seeded at No. 4 and bracketed to match up with No. 5 Georgia in a neutral quarterfinal. I would much rather try and win the first two games than have to win one against Georgia.

If we operate in the idea where the lion's share of power will be concentrated in the B1G and SEC (plus Clemson), there's at least one non-elite program getting a bye every year. That team is likely to be the No. 4 seed, even if it goes undefeated, and would represent a favorable matchup for whoever finishes at No. 5 (which would likely be an unbeaten ND team's seed). Trying to beat a non-power champion, then a weaker power champion, is probably more appealing to ND than being matched up with whichever of Alabama or Georgia doesn't win the SEC in a quarterfinal.

• Like 1

6fQjS3M.png

I know there's still a quarter left to go,  but after the mess of the past few years and the down-to-the-wire tease of last season's opener, I am LOVING the fight I'm seeing from my Seminoles in this game. I ain't finna say Florida State is "back" just yet, but this...this I can deal with. This patchwork line is holding up better than I expected, and now three years in, I think Mike Norvell's system is starting to click. Best of all, whatever Jordan Travis did this offseason is paying off in this game...dude is pulling off some Patrick Mahomes-esque stuff out there.

I know one thing: if FSU wins this thing, I got a whole other side of the family (they're all big LSU fans) and a whole lotta people back home in the Panhandle to laugh at heartily--but there's still a lot of game left to be played yet....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Brian Kelly in 1 game is probably regretting leaving South Bend Indiana.

Getting beat up in what is basically a home game in New Orleans.

Is Lafayette the best team in Louisiana again?

I mean at least ND lost to Ohio State who routinely goes to the CFP

LSU is losing to FSU who has been mediocre the past few years

16 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I know there's still a quarter left to go,  but after the mess of the past few years and the down-to-the-wire tease of last season's opener, I am LOVING the fight I'm seeing from my Seminoles in this game. I ain't finna say Florida State is "back" just yet, but this...this I can deal with. This patchwork line is holding up better than I expected, and now three years in, I think Mike Norvell's system is starting to click. Best of all, whatever Jordan Travis did this offseason is paying off in this game...dude is pulling off some Patrick Mahomes-esque stuff out there.

I know one thing: if FSU wins this thing, I got a whole other side of the family (they're all big LSU fans) and a whole lotta people back home in the Panhandle to laugh at heartily--but there's still a lot of game left to be played yet....

Gotta agree, figured I'd watch a bit of this one and the Noles we're playing pretty well tonight. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

WHAT THE WHOLE ENTIRE...I can't even right now.

Somebody get some oxygen and/or a pacemaker.

I don't even...I can't right now. But doggone it my Seminoles pulled through and came up big when they absolutely needed to. This is almost up there with that Saints/Jaguars game about a decade or so ago back when New Orleans scored that last miracle TD only to miss the tying extra point.

I know "instant classic" gets thrown around way too much...but this game definitely may be an early candidate for one.

Whatever...2-0 babyyyy!!!

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

10 hours ago, dont care said:

After 1 game? Come on now 

Okay, probably not him... but, you gotta think that the special teams coach is probably going to be dead meat after last night's fiasco of a game.

Two muffed punts, an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on a kickoff, and two blocked kicks.

Yeah, that special teams coach is gone.

Thought the Florida State-LSU game was the best case scenario for a rival of both teams.  Neither team looked any good and LSU has some serious trainwreck proposal.  Not only did they look bad, their best player looked completely disinterested in the game and scrubbed his social media of all LSU mentions within an hour of the game.  Add in Kelly's propensity for throwing his players under the bus and things could get spicy.

FSU does look improved, specifically Jordan Travis, and should manage bowl eligibility in a terrible ACC, but their offensive line is still terrible.  Neither Duquesne nor LSU showed a whole lot of interest in tackling, though.  And if Travis misses any time, they're screwed.

But as bad as LSU looked, if Kayshon Boutte puts in any effort,  or if their special teams weren't hot trash, they still win.

29 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Yeah, that special teams coach is gone.

Brian Polian is the only coach that followed Kelly from Notre Dame. 😂

IUe6Hvh.png