College Football 2022

MJWalker45

46 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

The Sun Belt East is the best division in the G5, and potentially the most exciting in all of football. Fortunately my team plays in the much weaker West.

They're definitely the MAC of this time. I mean shoot, App State nearly beat UNC last week, and did beat the #6-ranked ATM today. (This by the way is another reason I say scrap the preseason rankings--theyre so biased kts ridiculous.) Georgia Southern hopefully just kicked Scott Frost out of Lincoln for good.

And oh by the way...lost amid all this craziness (and DANGIT, Texas...you had ONE JOB!): Kansas--went into Morgantown and took down West Virginia in overtime...on a walk-off pick-six by a guy named Cobee Bryant.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Yep. Scott Frost is gonezo.

The only question now is if they wait until October 1st when his buyout cuts in half to fire him or not. I'll go with yes, but who knows, I wouldn't be surprised at all to wake up tomorrow to the news that he's done.

Anyway, the Florida hype lasted all of one week. The entire team looked horrendous against Kentucky - Richardson, the defense, Napier, everyone. It's week 2 of a rebuilding year so obviously this doesn't really effect anything other than ESPN trying to hype up AR as a Heisman dark horse, but man I hate losing to Kentucky. 2-3 in the last 5 after winning 31 straight before that. That speaks more to the massive leaps UK's made over the last few years, but it still sucks.

ExJworW.png

3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The only question now is if they wait until October 1st when his buyout cuts in half to fire him or not. I'll go with yes, but who knows, I wouldn't be surprised at all to wake up tomorrow to the news that he's done.

Anyway, the Florida hype lasted all of one week. The entire team looked horrendous against Kentucky - Richardson, the defense, Napier, everyone. It's week 2 of a rebuilding year so obviously this doesn't really effect anything other than ESPN trying to hype up AR as a Heisman dark horse, but man I hate losing to Kentucky. 2-3 in the last 5 after winning 31 straight before that. That speaks more to the massive leaps UK's made over the last few years, but it still sucks.

Seems a bit harsh. Defense played well as did the offensive line. In fact, I thought the team played pretty damn well in general with the exception of Richardson, who happened to be absolutely awful.  Wasn't thrilled with the playcalling but I don't know what to do when the defense shows zero respect for the pass and the QB is too inside-of-his-own-head to make them pay.  Not sure why they didn't design more runs for him early (or at all).  Maybe with Miller being out they're just being super safe?

Also had some bad luck with the long TD that probably wasn't a catch but couldn't be overturned and the world's worst roughing the passer call setting them up for another TD. 

IUe6Hvh.png

8 hours ago, tBBP said:

I mean shoot, App State nearly beat UNC last week, and did beat the #6-ranked ATM today.

Not for nothin', I was in Boone, NC last week because of reasons, so I stopped by App State's campus.  It was the day after they lost to NC, and they had a full-contact practice going on... on the Sunday before Labor Day!  Anyway, I couldn't believe how nice their stadium (and campus in general) looked for what I thought was a small rinky-dink college.  I was a little surprised to see that their enrollment was pretty low (I think around 18k?) as the school seemed like it was a lot bigger.  I was also a little surprised that there's large App State Football merch stores everywhere - including two within two doors of each other on the main drag.  

Was talking to a few locals from the surrounding areas who all talked about App State's jump to D1, and all of the infrastructure projects that had to be completed in order for it to happen.  Did you know that to be a D1 school, you have to have a highway with a minimum of 4 lanes going into the area where your stadium is?  They literally had (and in some areas, are still doing) to widen the highway just to satisfy the D1 requirement... even though traffic is relatively unchanged (anecdotally). 

In conclusion, considering their stadium, campus, and little town that they're in, App State feels like a big time program and even though I know squat about college football, it doesn't surprise me that they're as successful as they are.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, See Red said:

Seems a bit harsh. Defense played well as did the offensive line. In fact, I thought the team played pretty damn well in general with the exception of Richardson, who happened to be absolutely awful.  Wasn't thrilled with the playcalling but I don't know what to do when the defense shows zero respect for the pass and the QB is too inside-of-his-own-head to make them pay.  Not sure why they didn't design more runs for him early (or at all).  Maybe with Miller being out they're just being super safe?

Also had some bad luck with the long TD that probably wasn't a catch but couldn't be overturned and the world's worst roughing the passer call setting them up for another TD. 

Yeah, it was harsh, but I guess that’s what happens when you post immediately after a disappointing loss. Cooler heads always prevail the next day, lol.

The defense played pretty well in the first half before collapsing in the second, but you’re right about the offensive line. I’ve seen rumors that AR rolled his ankle early and that’s why he didn’t get many designed runs or read options, which if that’s true that changes a ton about both his play and the playcalling. 

It’s good that USF is next week to get back into rhythm before Tennessee. That should be a nice confidence boost for everyone. 

ExJworW.png

24 minutes ago, See Red said:

Idiots.  I guess it's their money and not mine but if you wait, like, three weeks, it's $7.5m less. Your season's already lost, your recruiting is already eff'd... what does firing him now help?

Willing to bet a booster ponied up the money.

This essentially just means we aren’t embarrassed by having to watch him mope on the sidelines on National TV during Oklahoma. Well worth it. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Nebraska fans get their wish. Scott Frost fired.

Feeling in Lincoln after last night was the most muted I've seen, and a general feeling of that game being the lowest point in a while, if not outright program history. I don't things would have gotten better with Frost at the helm. I wouldn't doubt that some booster but up a large sum to see him go sooner, and I'll be honest, I do think some personal pride on the part of the Husker brand contributed to the sooner firing as well. I am thoroughly convinced that we are still literal years away from bowl contention, no matter who we hire. 

At least next week, we may see a team who have nothing left but to fight for pride and put up a good game against Oklahoma. I'll be honest, I want to see Mickey Joseph wrangle a miracle run out of this situation. We need something to feel good about. Other than that, we might be lucky to salvage a couple more wins with how bad the defense has been.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Texas getting ranked after a loss while Marshall and App State are still out after wins is only one way in which college football has shown that it's just a parody of itself.

The other being Nebraska refusing to wait a few weeks and instead just torching $7.5 million for no reason. We've reached peak embarrassment for Frost's Nebraska. Waiting to lose to Oklahoma and maybe Indiana isn't going to hurt anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Texas getting ranked after a loss while Marshall and App State are still out after wins is only one way in which college football has shown that it's just a parody of itself.

The other being Nebraska refusing to wait a few weeks and instead just torching $7.5 million for no reason. We've reached peak embarrassment for Frost's Nebraska. Waiting to lose to Oklahoma and maybe Indiana isn't going to hurt anything.

If you watched that Texas game and didn't get the impression they're one of the 25 best teams in the country I dunno what to tell ya

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ManillaToad said:

If you watched that Texas game and didn't get the impression they're one of the 25 best teams in the country I dunno what to tell ya

If Texas A&M is a top 25 team and an App State team that dominated them isn't, then what are we doing?

4 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

If Texas A&M is a top 25 team and an App State team that dominated them isn't, then what are we doing?

Exactly what the powers-that-be that tuke CFB want us to do to do: continue to talk/debate/fight about it. Keeps the interest up, keeps them in the headlines...keeps the revenue dough rolling in.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

30 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

and Notre Dame dropped out.

All the reason to end the nonsensical preseason polling and just wait until November to start polling

They finally allowed players to get paid and expanded the playoff.

I feel like the current stupid ranking system will never change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags