NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

A player can still wear an "illegal" number, though, right? He just has to report in to the ref every down.  This is how William Perry could line up at running back while wearing number 72.

The coaches have to give the ref the heads up before the game and the player has to report. I am not going to dig through the rules but I am not sure if they can report on consecutive plays, or potentially every play in a game which would be pretty tedious for the ref to manage. There has to be some threshold.

23 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Apparently Kayvon Thibodeaux is wearing 5 with the Giants. When the number rules were changed it stated .

Defensive Linemen: No change. May wear numbers 50 to 79 and 90 to 99.

I suppose because he is an edge he will be listed as an outside linebacker then? Even though he plays pretty much a regular DE position.

Im pretty certain the Giants run a base 3-4 and Thibodeaux will technically be an OLB.

On 5/2/2022 at 1:10 PM, willforgetmylogin said:

Broncos are moving to monochrome blue full time this season. Don't ask how I know, I won't tell you. Orange color rush remains and orange alts as well. They are getting a throwback next year. The move was spearheaded by Russell Wilson. 

If you don't believe me just look what color pants the team is wearing in practice.

I'll probably be banned for posting without proof so when the official announcement comes down I'll see you on the other side.

If you have to say “don’t ask me how I know, I won’t tell you” means you’re not legit. Just like saying “trust me I know there getting a new uniform ” your “proof” to back this claim up is got more holes in it the Swiss cheese, so maybe you should tell us “how you know”. Yes I’m calling you’re bluff sucker. 

1 hour ago, Burkell007 said:

If you have to say “don’t ask me how I know, I won’t tell you” means you’re not legit. Just like saying “trust me I know there getting a new uniform ” your “proof” to back this claim up is got more holes in it the Swiss cheese, so maybe you should tell us “how you know”. Yes I’m calling you’re bluff sucker. 

Did, did Teal come back?

Cowboys schedule is disappointing. We won't get to see the navy blue jersey as much this year. I wish the schedule makers put the JAX or TEN game early. Maybe the fact that DAL/TEN is good prevents that. We saw the Jaguars teal vs Cowboys white already in 2018. I hope one of them still does WAH for DAL regardless of the instance.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Cowboys schedule is disappointing. We won't get to see the navy blue jersey as much this year. I wish the schedule makers put the JAX or TEN game early. Maybe the fact that DAL/TEN is good prevents that. We saw the Jaguars teal vs Cowboys white already in 2018. I hope one of them still does WAH for DAL regardless of the instance.

We’ve seen them wear navy the last two times vs. Tennessee. I want to see navy over Columbia for that one. And in 2018, the Jags went black over teal in Dallas. I hope for regular teal over white this time, or if they do somehow opt to wear white, over teal pants.

• Like 1

Could be nothing, but the Falcons schedule release video has a red helmet that is half behind something but you see it for a split second before the rest of the video. 

Kind of surprised we haven't seen more alternate helmet announcements, could be another weird supply chain thing where they have the orders in but don't physically have them to unveil to the public, but I don't know why else the Falcons social team would have thrown that in there unless they wanted to troll their own fans -- come to think of it, would not be the first time the Falcons trolled their own fans so ... 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

We’ve seen them wear navy the last two times vs. Tennessee. I want to see navy over Columbia for that one. And in 2018, the Jags went black over teal in Dallas. I hope for regular teal over white this time, or if they do somehow opt to wear white, over teal pants.

Okay, yeah, I just recalled what you said prior to checking back here. I must've mistook the 2018 game for the Jaguars vs Cowboys preseason game in 2021.  We'll get to see the Cowboys navy. But it's against teams we know that they're guaranteed to see them against; Washington and the Rams. 

Jacksonville goes into their teal sooner ever since it made its in the teams uniform rotation, whether it's a night game or a 1 PM game, so there's only 1 WAH game a year in some instances. So I think they might wear teal for the Texans in week 5. Most likely they'll wear the all white against the Colts in week 2. If the Jaguars decide to be one of those team, who purposely wears white to force Dallas in their navy blue, they'll wear white tops over teal pants. If not, then the 2006 game and a preseason game in 2002 are the only times we saw Jacksonville in white and the Cowboys in blue.

We've seen the Cowboys wear the navy blue 3 straight times against the Chargers. Tennessee wore the white tops with columbia blue pants against Washington when it was in December in 2018. You think they couldn't do the same against Dallas? 

2 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Okay, yeah, I just recalled what you said prior to checking back here. I must've mistook the 2018 game for the Jaguars vs Cowboys preseason game in 2021.  We'll get to see the Cowboys navy. But it's against teams we know that they're guaranteed to see them against; Washington and the Rams. 

Jacksonville goes into their teal sooner ever since it made its in the teams uniform rotation, whether it's a night game or a 1 PM game, so there's only 1 WAH game a year in some instances. So I think they might wear teal for the Texans in week 5. Most likely they'll wear the all white against the Colts in week 2. If the Jaguars decide to be one of those team, who purposely wears white to force Dallas in their navy blue, they'll wear white tops over teal pants. If not, then the 2006 game and a preseason game in 2002 are the only times we saw Jacksonville in white and the Cowboys in blue.

We've seen the Cowboys wear the navy blue 3 straight times against the Chargers. Tennessee wore the white tops with columbia blue pants against Washington when it was in December in 2018. You think they couldn't do the same against Dallas? 

That 2018 Titans game vs. Washington seemed to be a one-time thing. I don't see them wearing white over navy in primetime in January (and yes, I say over navy because they refuse to wear all white at home or white over columbia blue at all anymore).

I would say there is a shot we see navy in Week 3 when the Cowboys visit the Giants on Monday night. This happened in 2019 when the Giants wore white Color Rush. At the Rams in Week 5 I am not so sure. I think this could be a blue jersey game for the Rams. Lastly, at Washington wouldn't be til the final week of the season. I think that could go either way.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 6:36 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I agree that the Panthers are in definite need of simplification.  The modern jersey has just shrunk itself right out of their design.

spacer.png

No, they just need a pure overhaul. A redone.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

On 5/12/2022 at 10:05 PM, gothedistance said:

Bold of you to assume Dallas gives a :censored: about their navy jersey

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

No, they just need a pure overhaul. A redone.

No need to scrap everything from nearly 30 years of history. Changes? Sure. An overhaul using "claw scratches" or "whisker stripes"? Dear god no.

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

27 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Repeat that for every team and uniform combination.  I get it that it's what this place is all about, but let's be real. Nobody else cares. Certainly not the teams. 

It's where I sit.

40 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

They rarely wear it, but it’s most of their merchandise. You will see a white jersey once every ten scrolls down their team website. Almost all their t-shirts, flags and other memorabilia is navy. After visiting the AT&T Center in person, the team shop

is a little more balanced, but it’s mostly navy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

They rarely wear it, but it’s most of their merchandise. You will see a white jersey once every ten scrolls down their team website. Almost all their t-shirts, flags and other memorabilia is navy. After visiting the AT&T Center in person, the team shop

is a little more balanced, but it’s mostly navy.

It’s strange. Of the Cowboys fans that I know, which is quite a few, I’ve never seen any of them wearing a white jersey, shirt, or hat. It’s almost always navy or silver. If I didn’t loathe the Cowboys (Mandies fan here), I’d buy a navy jersey in a heartbeat. They make a killing off the navy merchandise, but refuse to acknowledge it on game day.

Its very clearly their best jersey, but I guess that’s an unpopular opinion of mine.

• Like 4