NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

27 minutes ago, Newfie said:

I wonder how the Giants are pulling this off, and the Bucs can't do the creamsicles because of "supply chain issues"?

This far into the game, it was them just being lazy. We've had people using this excuse for two years now. At some point, you just need to say, "We didn't think about it until the NFL announced it, but instead of making up a lame excuse we'll do these next season". 

3 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I always loved this Giants uniform, but I don't think it translates well to this era of shortened sleeves. 

In the '80s and '90s, you could tell the Bills and Giants home jerseys apart by the sleeve striping. The Giants were thin, the Bills were thick. But now, because of the tighter sleeve caps, if the Bills were to ever bring back the Jim Kelly-era uniforms, they'd look essentially the same as these. 

This might also have something to do with the shade of blue used on the jerseys. A few of you also mentioned this, but the jerseys clearly look like a brighter shade of blue than was previously worn. 

I never had an issue telling them apart, because of the number fonts when Buffalo wore Champion and the Giants wore Apex. I don't think I ever paid that much attention to the stripes but I knew they were there.  I also think the fact I never remember them playing each other in big profile games during this time helped in separating the two looks. 

1 minute ago, Bathysphere said:

seteqi56igsupzexbyey

Very interesting use of the new helmet rule, that I’ll say,

I think it's the same helmet and it's the same design they've used before. But if they have one matte and one satin navy blue helmet that'd be a different way to go. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The funny thing about this is people will buy these jerseys like hot cakes, because yes, they look good...

...but also they'll likely get stopped places from people saying "Go Bills!" 

There's nothing on the jerseys to differentiate these from the Bills jerseys of that era other than the block font and stripe width being slightly diffeerent -- things the average person doesn't notice

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Great move by the Giants. Now just wear those and the CR for every game.

God, no... no... nonono.. no...

--Signed, A Giants Fan

• Like 5

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Just now, JQK said:

--Signed, A Giants Fan

I think both of those look better than the current uniforms, with the exception of the white socks on the Color Rush uniform. If they used the proper socks from 1990 they'd be good to go. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

I think both of those look better than the current uniforms, with the exception of the white socks on the Color Rush uniform. If they used the proper socks from 1990 they'd be good to go. 

They need to return to the grey pants. That look is classic clean and good. The last few years with the white pants and CR has muddled the identity. It's fitting the team has been garbage during this era.

• Like 11

sB9ijEj.png

5 minutes ago, JQK said:

--Signed, A Giants Fan

Why not? You guys have been cosplaying as the 1960's Giants for 20 years. It may have worked then, but the mininalistic home and the red-heavy road has gotten old quickly. Thses jerseys may be simple, but they are beautiful.

And don't worry about the Bills comparisons, becuse what Buffalo currently wears is identical to their throwbacks in the eyes of the casual fan.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Why not? You guys have been cosplaying as the 1960's Giants for 20 years. It may have worked then, but the mininalistic home and the red-heavy road has gotten old quickly. Thses jerseys may be simple, but they are beautiful.

And don't worry about the Bills comparisons, becuse what Buffalo currently wears is identical to their throwbacks in the eyes of the casual fan.

"ny" >>> "GIANTS"

It's a better look. Its always been a better look. They need the gray pants back, and they'll have a solid set again.

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

sB9ijEj.png

I’m torn. These uniforms are objectively better then the bland Eli-era ones. But my first thought when I saw them was “they look like the Bills,” even though the Giants have just as much claim to royal blue with white and red numbers as they do. 

If it were up to me they’d keep the LT-era template but color match the blue to the navy helmet. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Surprised at the love for the 80's and 90's Giants uniforms given what a huge deal the original 2000 rebrand was.

The 60's style NY remains the superior logo imho. 

I agree the NY logo is superior and should remain their primary brand. But I'm a sucker for nostalgia and like seeing this as a throwback every now and then.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I really like the 1975 double-lined NY logo. Not saying it should come back, but I wouldn't complain if it did.

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

This is just me, but I never found the Manning-era uniform bland in the slightest. They were consistently in my top tier of the NFL. I'm a sucker for when teams pull off two contrasting aesthetics for home and away, and I've always felt the Giants since 2005 pulled that off magnificently despite using the same helmet and pants for both sets. At the time, it was also unique in being the only team to employ flat grey pants and use them as a neutral color outside and apart from their color scheme. (The inclusion of grey in the striping on the current white home pants bothers me for this exact reason since it breaks the idea that grey is just a neutral color and not part of the official color scheme.)

635772448568484493-GettyImages-459486166
1273784847.jpeg

• Like 10

16 hours ago, VikWings said:

I wouldn't be upset is they dropped the silver and went with this helmet full time. It's gorgeous.

(obligatory complaint about the black socks ruining this. It would look so good with blue)

13 hours ago, mountainpanther said:

I love the design for the Panthers helmet, it’s long overdue. I like the entire design except for the all blue logo decal. It needs the eyes and teeth white on the logo to really help in my opinion. I hope they eventually go with this as their default helmet and make the silver their throwback alt.

I’ve been a big advocate of them phasing out the silver completely for years which which they’ve slowly done with Tepper.

There really is no reason for them to have a 4 tone color scheme, it’s always made things tough on uniform combos.

They really just need the Blue, White, and Black. 

The odd thing to me about this unveil, is it seems this helmet is universally liked by non-Panthers fans, but not so with Panthers fans. Not sure I've seen that dynamic with an unveiling before. 

Black would be my 4th choice for the primary helmet color, after blue, white, and silver in that order. I'd be interested to see an color inverted version of the logo on a black helmet, just to see how it looks. If the logo was primarily blue and therefore, visible, my opinion might be different.

I will say that if they MUST wear black pants, the black helmet looks the best with them. I'd much rather see both of them thrown out though.

I don't think there was really a problem with silver being in the color scheme, but a white helmet would be a better solution to eliminating it.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

I honestly like that the helmet isn't matching, it's one of those fun quirks that happens because of the circumstances but eventually normal. I'm glad the Rams have a matching helmet now, but I do like keeping this intact for throwbacks.

I wonder if they're going to use this helmet with the Color Rush uniform as well. As far as I can tell, they'd be allowed to do that, right? 

• Like 4