NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

10 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I expected the colts to have a blue throwback helmet but I guess that's not happening.

Still could. I fully expect another dozen HFHS (helmet for helmet's sake) to drop before the season kicks off

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

Never-ending pandemic + climate crisis + war + political chaos + wild fires + school shootings + elevated divisiveness + so-forth had me thinking "Who cares about silly sports uniforms, and their history and aesthetics? Just burn it all to the ground, nothing matters."

Thank you, NFL, for showing me I'm not alone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

As a lifelong Cardinals fan, I have nothing to say other than that I am ashamed.

I think they’re pretty cool but pretty dumb if they do new helmets and don’t do new uniforms lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

So… 

Dare I say I like the Bears helmet? I do think the orange alternates need tweaks, but the helmet itself is clean. I think these will look better in action as well. 

It might look okay with the navy jersey. On itself it’s not too bad but it doesn’t go with the orange uni.

22 minutes ago, Froob said:

As a lifelong Cardinals fan, I have nothing to say other than that I am ashamed.

Throw out HiStOrY and TrAdItIoN, the new helmet is far and away the best the Cards have ever had.

Side-by-side, how does one even make a case for their white helmet?

ARIZONA-CARDINALS-NEW-BLACK-HELMET-2022-SPORTSLOGOSNET-NFL-feat-750x489.jpg635769228583812653-Cardinals-5.jpg

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 3

6uXNWAo.png

what i like about the new black alt Cards helmet is the gloss black with red metallic flake.  The Panthers would have been better with gloss black and a blue metallic flake (think old school Superman comics hair color style).

what i dislike about the black for the Cards, is the logo doesn't have strong contrast on the black background.  the logo is clearly visible on white.  maybe a white outline on the logo for black helmet would help make logo stand out better.  i think from a stadium viewing distance, the red on black disappears and all you'll see is the yellow beak and white eye.

• Like 2

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

20 minutes ago, JayMac said:

I don't feel like I'm jinxing anything by asking this. Has there been a GFGS helmet unveiled yet this summer? I don't think there has been and I am shocked.

grey is hopefully a college/ HS thing only. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

5 hours ago, Cujo said:

Still could. I fully expect another dozen HFHS (helmet for helmet's sake) to drop before the season kicks off

A report earlier in the year on Uniwatch stated that 15 teams would be using alternate helmet shells in 2022.

We are at 13 announced. 2 remaining if that report is accurate.

46 minutes ago, pagan696 said:

what i like about the new black alt Cards helmet is the gloss black with red metallic flake.  The Panthers would have been better with gloss black and a blue metallic flake (think old school Superman comics hair color style).

what i dislike about the black for the Cards, is the logo doesn't have strong contrast on the black background.  the logo is clearly visible on white.  maybe a white outline on the logo for black helmet would help make logo stand out better.  i think from a stadium viewing distance, the red on black disappears and all you'll see is the yellow beak and white eye.

much like Louisville's back/ cardinal helmet. 

wondering if the NFL would allow teams to change the alt helmets decals only? Like say the new saints Louis vitton one be modified to the 69 preseason one? 

I think we’re finally done (thank goodness). Also this says the Cowboys will be wearing their white helmet with a white facemask and current primary logo, which I didn’t know before. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

Loving all the meltdowns in here. 

Most of these are fine. Commanders, Saints, and Jets are all pretty dumb but I'm fine with the rest of them. 

Would've been great if the Cardinals rebranded this year and leaned into their history with a brown faux-leather helmet.  

It would if they added the stitching and such. When Green Bay and Washington just threw a football pattern on the helmet it wasn't as good as what Texas A&M did with their throwback design. If Cleveland decided to go with a white helmet for the throwbacks jerseys, I'd want them to go with this idea, minus the wing on the front.

Texas A&M will wear fantastic 1939 throwbacks with leather-like helmets |  For The Win

Redskins Leather Helmet Factory Sale, 55% OFF | www.ingeniovirtual.com

NFL to allow alternate helmets next year for first time since 2012 | WLUK

Cleveland Browns' Helmet History - Dawgs By NatureBuilding a Better Helmet for a Dangerous Game | WIRED

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 minutes ago, NH4 said:

I think we’re finally done (thank goodness). Also this says the Cowboys will be wearing their white helmet with a white facemask and current primary logo, which I didn’t know before. 

That Schefter twitter post shows 2 versions on the Cowboys helmet... one with current logo and one true throwback. I am guessing the white with the current logo was an error. as the teams official announcement showed throwbacks. He stated 14 as well when earlier in the year 15 were reported.

I am guessing the Rams might have been on the list for this season but then earlier in the year announced they would not. Either that or the earlier report might have thought the Bucs would get the Bucco Bruce uniforms done in time.

If we are down to 1 team left for 2022 my guess is it will be either Red lids for the Bills or Blue lids for the Colts

• Like 2

1 minute ago, canzman said:

That Schefter twitter post shows 2 versions on the Cowboys helmet... one with current logo and one true throwback. I am guessing the white with the current logo was an error. as the teams official announcement showed throwbacks. He stated 14 as well when earlier in the year 15 were reported.

I am guessing the Rams might have been on the list for this season but then earlier in the year announced they would not. Either that or the earlier report might have though the Bucs would get the Bucco Bruce uniforms done in time.

If we are down to 1 team left for 2022 my guess is it will be either Red lids for the Bills or Blue lids for the Colts

IF Cleveland kept the throwbacks, a white helmet would be the correct helmet for that jersey. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

IF Cleveland kept the throwbacks, a white helmet would be the correct helmet for that jersey. 

All accounts seem to indicate they will be wearing the throwbacks and Color Rush at some point this season. Not having a plain white helmet to pair with the throwbacks makes zero sense. That has to be the easiest possible helmet to get your hands on. If the Cardinals can have a custom painted helmet, there's no excuse. 

The Browns do like to surprise people. They kept the orange pants a secret until week 2. This is my only hope.

• Like 3