NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

Yeah, this is quite bizarre of the Bengals and pretty much sums up the measures teams are willing to take for this type of nonsense. What franchise rebrands and then brings back a uniform from two years ago? Unheard of.

And on a side note, against the Dolphins again? Why can't this team ever seem to wear black against Miami? No team in the league wears white against the Dolphins as much as the Bengals have in recent years. This was also a Week 4 Thursday night matchup in 2016:

hqdefault.jpg

• Hurl 2

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

These alternate helmets have introduced a lot of ridiculous design elements to this league, but the fact that both of these uniforms are going to be worn in the same season makes no sense. Different helmets aside, this must be the most redundant alternate jersey I think I've seen.

spacer.png

This is what the Bengals should've built their new uniform set around, so this is just a correction.  The block numbers, black cap sleeves, and black collar details make this the superior away look.  

I'm thrilled they'll be wearing these again.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The Bengals bringing back an outdated jersey just so they can wear the Zebra helmets is pointless and unnecessary. The worst part is that neither of the white uniforms are anything special. At least when other teams have two jerseys of the same color, one is usually different enough or at least an improvement over the other. Other teams' Color Rush jerseys added a pop of color to the numbers and throwbacks go back to prominent eras. The Bengals old color rush uniforms do neither. 

this reminds me of a mid-major that only has enough funds for a new set or two but still really wants to wear that alt from the old set even though it completely clashes with the new set(s)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Yeah, this is quite bizarre of the Bengals and pretty much sums up the measures teams are willing to take for this type of nonsense. What franchise rebrands and then brings back a uniform from two years ago? Unheard of.

And on a side note, against the Dolphins again? Why can't this team ever seem to wear black against Miami? No team in the league wears white against the Dolphins as much as the Bengals have in recent years. This was also a Week 4 Thursday night matchup in 2016:

hqdefault.jpg

Well, apparently the Dolphins don't like to wear white against the Bengals. 

Photo Gallery: Bengals at Dolphins

Last time the Bengals wore black against Miami looks to be 2012:

Dolphins 17, Bengals 13: Cincinnati plays it safe, pays the price

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

hqdefault.jpg

Dolphins: white helmet, orange jersey, orange pants, orange socks.

Bengals: orange helmet, white jersey, white pants, white socks.

Great job, NFL/Nike/owners/whoever is to blame for this.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Some of these teams probably are experimenting with the alternates just to add more ideas to a potential rebrand. The Patriots literally just promoted their previous alternate uniforms to primary status and called it a day, so it wouldn't surprise me to see teams like the Panthers, Texans, or Cardinals(?) do something similar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Volt said:

This is what the Bengals should've built their new uniform set around, so this is just a correction.  The block numbers, black cap sleeves, and black collar details make this the superior away look.  

The problem is now that you have 2 disparate tiger stripe patterns which is a total bush league move to me. The latest set did a great job of cleaning up the stripe patterns on the jersey shoulders. Sure the casual fan won't know the difference but they are using an inferior set just so they can have an alt helmet. They need to make a new color rush the current white and remove the orange outline to align the aesthetics and ultimately become the most unnecessary jersey in the history of the nfl.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Dolphins: white helmet, orange jersey, orange pants, orange socks.

Bengals: orange helmet, white jersey, white pants, white socks.

Great job, NFL/Nike/owners/whoever is to blame for this.

Every piece of a uniform being the same color is not any better

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Volt said:

I'd argue that's what they did.

joe-burrow-013022-getty-ftr_o2i82tjeag2h

I prefer the block numbers of the color rush, but the black sleeves with white stripes is silly. I think the stripped down road look is dynamite. 

They won this game, by the way. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

46 minutes ago, Sport said:

I'd argue that's what they did.

joe-burrow-013022-getty-ftr_o2i82tjeag2h

I prefer the block numbers of the color rush, but the black sleeves with white stripes is silly. I think the stripped down road look is dynamite. 

They won this game, by the way. 

That they made it work with the black pants too (white socks!) is the cherry on top.

1348666060.jpeg

Also they figured out mid-season that this look is just plain awesome:

116cf26f-0d9e-4a01-bbd9-20c9607426a8-011

• Like 7
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

That they made it work with the black pants too (white socks!) is the cherry on top.

1348666060.jpeg

Also they figured out mid-season that this look is just plain awesome:

116cf26f-0d9e-4a01-bbd9-20c9607426a8-011

This is one simple comparison that shows how messed up this was.  The Black/Orange stripe panel from the Black pants in the top photo, along with the Black/Orange shoulder cap on the Black jersey in the bottom photo, should've been used on their "new" White/Away uniform, since they insisted on 2-color numbers.   Would be perfect with the Orange helmet.

Then, they could've kept the Color Rush with 1-color block numbers and White/Black stripe pattern for the Alternate, to go with the new White/Black helmet.

19 minutes ago, Ark said:

The old pant stripes are way better than the new ones IMO

These ones? Where they tried to bleed the white sidepanels into the pants? No.

ghows-LK-b76e730d-96e7-4517-82e9-04ab683

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

24 minutes ago, Cujo said:

These ones? Where they tried to bleed the white sidepanels into the pants? No.

ghows-LK-b76e730d-96e7-4517-82e9-04ab683

Well, yes. Exactly.

Regardless of the side panel issue, these pants could be worn freely with the black, white, and orange jersey without the additional need of separate white nemo pants.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Apologies for not being on top of this thread, but do we know if any more alt helmets are planned for this season or have all of them been announced now?

We might see mix-and-match with the logos, but in general, they've all been unveiled. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.