NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

51 minutes ago, aupa said:

I agree it seems silly that the white helmet pairs perfectly with the new away, but the press release makes it pretty clear the NFL won’t allow them to do that this year at least 

So is this confirmation that the Panthers have made the blue jerseys the primaries after 27 years of the blacks? This seems like something they would've mentioned.

Side note: Say what you will about the Dolphins' current logo, but it's the best logo they've ever had and it's not particularly close.

• Like 2
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 2
  • Dislike 3

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

2 hours ago, nuordr said:

I actually think the Color Rush uniform is the best possible choice for the white striped helmet because it has less orange on it compared to their current white uniform. 

Color Rush Orange Elements: 

- Logo on chest

- Nike Logo creep on shoulders

- NOB outline

Current All-White Orange Elements: 

- Bengals Workmark on chest

- Nike Logo creep on shoulders

- Numbers outline

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That look REALLY needs black socks. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

So is this confirmation that the Panthers have made the blue jerseys the primaries after 27 years of the blacks? This seems like something they would've mentioned.

Yeah Carolina's announcement would seem to be counter to Cincinnati's, so something's gotta give. Unless pairing the black jersey with black pants is considered Carolina's "Color Rush? "

1 hour ago, aupa said:

They aren’t alternating between both. They are wearing the Color Rush once, at home, on Thursday night.  I assume the regular white will be worn for every road game unless the home team wears white at home.

I agree it seems silly that the white helmet pairs perfectly with the new away, but the press release makes it pretty clear the NFL won’t allow them to do that this year at least 

But can't they just say that white over black is their primary uniform and the all white is the alternate? Isn't that how the Panthers are getting away with pairing the black helmet & black uniform?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Everyone is comparing the Bears helmet to Syracuse when Illinois is literally right there

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I like it on its own aesthetically, in the sense that a similar design would look nice for an Illinois or a Syracuse, but for the Bears it simply does not work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

Side note: Say what you will about the Dolphins' current logo, but it's the best logo they've ever had and it's not particularly close.

Agreed. Not sure why everyone wants a severely outdated logo. Sure, the jersey aesthetics are more interesting, and a meaner Dolphin with a helmet is cool, but they need a more modern logo to go with the look. And they need to make some aqua pants to go with the throwbacks.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 4

10 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Agreed. Not sure why everyone wants a severely outdated logo. Sure, the jersey aesthetics are more interesting, and a meaner Dolphin with a helmet is cool, but they need a more modern logo to go with the look. And they need to make some aqua pants to go with the throwbacks.

The Dolphins would have a damn good look if they used the current logo with everything else from the throwbacks (obviously color match the logo to the throwback uniforms)

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

4 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

i don't think this is correct.  blue is still the alt.  helmet alt is considered one of the 3 alt uses.  Panthers announced the Nov CR Thursday debut for black helmet, and the normal 2 blue jersey games are normally early in the season, so that should be our 3.  i can't imagine they drop the black jersey (their best) for blue primaries.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

21 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

Would be cool if the Dolphin logo gets to use an alternate helmet itself for 3 games a year. 

unless you just hate fun

Right!

byxi4kvfxg271.jpg

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 2

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, guest23 said:

It looks like the space shuttle is melting as it tragically meets its demise descending into the heliosphere.

This was supposedly a prototype the Dolphins were playing around in the 90s with before coming to their senses

6uXNWAo.png

spacer.png

From Paul Lukas, 

There was a bit of confusion earlier this week when the NFL tweeted a graphic showing all of the new throwback and alternate helmets that had been released so far for this season. The confusing part was that it showed two different white helmet designs for the Cowboys: the standard throwback model with the solid-blue star, the grey facemask, and the blank nose bumper, which the team unveiled last week, and a separate design with the team’s primary outlined-star logo, a white facemask, and a “Cowboys” bumper, which was listed in the Twitter graphic as an alternate.

Many fans quickly surmised that the Cowboys planned to use the alternate version with their Color Rush uniform. That uni design has a white jersey, white pants, and white socks, and of course it’s not a throwback, so using the primary logo and a white mask seemed like a logical move.

But the Cowboys hadn’t announced anything about that, and I hadn’t heard any chatter about it either. Could the graphic have been wrong? I emailed the Cowboys — no response. I followed up — still no response.

Yesterday, however, I was interviewing a league executive about something else and got confirmation: The Cowboys will indeed be wearing both versions of the white helmet this season — one with their throwback uni and one with their CR uni. The league hadn’t initially planned on this when it allowed teams to add a second helmet color, but the Cowboys asked if they could give the white shell two different design treatments. Since the throwback and CR unis are both alternates (which means it’s permissible under league rules for them to be paired with an alternate helmet color), the league said yes.

• Like 4

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, nuordr said:

spacer.png

From Paul Lukas, 

There was a bit of confusion earlier this week when the NFL tweeted a graphic showing all of the new throwback and alternate helmets that had been released so far for this season. The confusing part was that it showed two different white helmet designs for the Cowboys: the standard throwback model with the solid-blue star, the grey facemask, and the blank nose bumper, which the team unveiled last week, and a separate design with the team’s primary outlined-star logo, a white facemask, and a “Cowboys” bumper, which was listed in the Twitter graphic as an alternate.

Many fans quickly surmised that the Cowboys planned to use the alternate version with their Color Rush uniform. That uni design has a white jersey, white pants, and white socks, and of course it’s not a throwback, so using the primary logo and a white mask seemed like a logical move.

But the Cowboys hadn’t announced anything about that, and I hadn’t heard any chatter about it either. Could the graphic have been wrong? I emailed the Cowboys — no response. I followed up — still no response.

Yesterday, however, I was interviewing a league executive about something else and got confirmation: The Cowboys will indeed be wearing both versions of the white helmet this season — one with their throwback uni and one with their CR uni. The league hadn’t initially planned on this when it allowed teams to add a second helmet color, but the Cowboys asked if they could give the white shell two different design treatments. Since the throwback and CR unis are both alternates (which means it’s permissible under league rules for them to be paired with an alternate helmet color), the league said yes.

This is fine. I do wish the center stripe on the Little Giants alternate was silver not white so it would match the pants worn with that set.

usa_today_10524168.0.jpg

• Like 14

On 7/28/2022 at 9:17 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

This is fine. I do wish the center stripe on the Little Giants alternate was silver not white so it would match the pants worn with that set.

usa_today_10524168.0.jpg

They can just wear the throwback pants with it since it just has two navy stripes. 

spacer.png

• Like 6

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D