NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

19 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Apparently, when you wear an all black uniform, that “brings out the dog” in you

FYmOCL_XgAA0COh?format=jpg&name=medium

This reminds me of the first time Georgia wore black to look mean and tough against Alabama and the halftime score was 31-0 Tide. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Apologies for not being on top of this thread, but do we know if any more alt helmets are planned for this season or have all of them been announced now?

Vikings yellow helmet

Dolphins orange helmet

Ravens gold helmet

Steelers blue helmet (to match the blue diamond on their logo)

Rams bone helmet

Bears orange helmet

Oh, wait, that last one actually happened. My goodness.

• LOL 4

17 hours ago, Volt said:

This is what the Bengals should've built their new uniform set around, so this is just a correction.  The block numbers, black cap sleeves, and black collar details make this the superior away look.  

I'm thrilled they'll be wearing these again.

It would be a correction if these were replacing the current away look, but they're going to be alternating between both. It would be like if the Chargers decided to bring back the powder blue throwbacks to wear alongside their powder blue, throwback-inspired primaries.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Volt said:

This is one simple comparison that shows how messed up this was.  The Black/Orange stripe panel from the Black pants in the top photo, along with the Black/Orange shoulder cap on the Black jersey in the bottom photo, should've been used on their "new" White/Away uniform, since they insisted on 2-color numbers.   Would be perfect with the Orange helmet.

Then, they could've kept the Color Rush with 1-color block numbers and White/Black stripe pattern for the Alternate, to go with the new White/Black helmet.

They got the stripe patterns right but failed to implement them properly. Here's what should have been the final release:

Jerseys

• black - no change
  • orange - no change
  • white - keep striping, copy orange sleeve cap from orange jersey
  • white color rush - current new white

Pants

• black - no change
  • white - use pant stripe from black pants
  • white color rush - current white with black only striping

Had they done this they would have suitable set of white pants that fit the traditional bengals striped pants and had a new white/black color rush perfectly set up for a future white helmet. Talk about lack of foresight.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bobt said:

Perhaps The Dolphins will make the switch we fans have wanted for years?

2022 is the fifth year of the regular set (last year of the requirement), so if the league doesn't approve this change this year, we'll likely see it next year. 

Just now, McCall said:

For the Patriots? 2022 is only the third year of the current uniforms.

Dolphins. They dropped the navy blue and swapped out light orange for darker orange in 2018. 

4 minutes ago, McCall said:

Yeah, I don't know how I was on the Patriots when I read that.

Your brain probably said "JOSH McDaniel[s]" when your eyes saw "Mike McDaniel". It's happened to me a few times, too.

Shoot I keep forgetting he's even in Miami now...I swear the Dolphins might be the most under-the-radar team in the league over the past three or four years or so if not longer. (Not to be confused with irrelevant, just to make that clear.)

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This reminds me of the first time Georgia wore black to look mean and tough against Alabama and the halftime score was 31-0 Tide. 

You mean the 3rd time? We were 2-0 in them at that point. Blew out Auburn and curb stomped Hawaii.  So it was less gimmicky than something totally fresh and out of the blue.

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Your brain probably said "JOSH McDaniel[s]" when your eyes saw "Mike McDaniel". It's happened to me a few times, too.

Shoot I keep forgetting he's even in Miami now...I swear the Dolphins might be the most under-the-radar team in the league over the past three or four years or so if not longer. (Not to be confused with irrelevant, just to make that clear.)

Yep. That's what I did. Yep.😐

On 7/24/2022 at 1:14 PM, MJD7 said:
I’ll have to collect my thoughts on this one.

Alright, so after having some time to collect my thoughts:

Yeah, that Bears helmet is indeed a travesty. I like it on its own aesthetically, in the sense that a similar design would look nice for an Illinois or a Syracuse, but for the Bears it simply does not work. Not only is the navy helmet quintessentially “Bears,” but it did so much heavy lifting to balance out the orange jersey. This is the first alternate helmet where I’m completely baffled as to why they decided to do it (besides the Commanders, which is an entirely different story).

As for the Cardinals helmet, it’s fine, it’ll make the black-out look more cohesive at least. But really, more than anything, they need a complete uniform update, even though that’s stating the obvious. I like the 3D effect on the logo, I wouldn’t mind that making it through the transition to a new uniform set. I don’t think the red “flakes” will be very visible on TV, but we’ll see.

And then the Bengals decided to quite possibly ruin what was easily the best  “new” helmet design by inexplicably pairing it with their old Color Rush. The current away jersey would have worked so much better, and it almost seemed like that jersey was designed with the possibility of this alternate helmet in mind, so I’m honestly shocked they didn’t take advantage of it.

Lastly, I don’t believe that the Cowboys will actually use the white helmet for anything other than the Thanksgiving uniform, but I’ll eat my words if they do use it as a regular alternate, presumably with the Color Rush uniform. Like the Bears, it would be a tragedy if they did.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Alright, so after collecting my thoughts:

And then the Bengals decided to quite possibly ruin what was easily the best  “new” helmet design by inexplicably pairing it with their old Color Rush. The current away jersey would have worked so much better, and it almost seemed like that jersey was designed with the possibility of this alternate helmet in mind, so I’m honestly shocked they didn’t take advantage of it.

I actually think the Color Rush uniform is the best possible choice for the white striped helmet because it has less orange on it compared to their current white uniform. 

Color Rush Orange Elements: 

- Logo on chest

- Nike Logo creep on shoulders

- NOB outline

Current All-White Orange Elements: 

- Bengals Workmark on chest

- Nike Logo creep on shoulders

- Numbers outline

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Everyone is comparing the Bears helmet to Syracuse when Illinois is literally right there

Which shows you how irrelevant that program is at the present...

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

It would be a correction if these were replacing the current away look, but they're going to be alternating between both. It would be like if the Chargers decided to bring back the powder blue throwbacks to wear alongside their powder blue, throwback-inspired primaries.

They aren’t alternating between both. They are wearing the Color Rush once, at home, on Thursday night.  I assume the regular white will be worn for every road game unless the home team wears white at home.

I agree it seems silly that the white helmet pairs perfectly with the new away, but the press release makes it pretty clear the NFL won’t allow them to do that this year at least