NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Dolphin desperately needs a helmet.  Unless you just hate fun. 

I don’t hate fun, but I strongly dislike this
spacer.png

• Like 8
  • LOL 10

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 7/27/2022 at 1:50 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

If Miami does make the throwbacks permanent, are they going to use the old logo? Andi if so, which one?  The throwbacks use the original 1966 version.

870.gif

This is my main question as well. I love the design of the throwback uniforms, and I would prefer them to be full-time uniforms over the current set, but I never really liked the older throwback logo. It always look like someone just scratched out a chunk of the dolphin to me. 

I'd love to see an update of the logo, something like this concept that would still retain that classic feel yet be something a bit more modern that would not only look better as a standalone logo but also fit the rest of the league better. 

• Like 7

Miami "updating" their look to make it as sleek and soulless as possible really went under the radar as one of the worst rebrands the league's ever seen. It's akin to if the Celtics decided their logo needed mOdErNiZiNg. Dunno who the owner is but he clearly has a huge ego if he thought he was fixing a well-loved look represented by the likes of Dan Marino, Don Shula,  and the only perfect team in history

• Like 1
  • Meh 2

10 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

a well-loved look represented by the likes of Dan Marino, Don Shula,  and the only perfect team in history

Miami's current uniform replaced this crappy uniform ("angry cartoon dolphin" logo and amateurish font with muddy drop shadow).

hqdefault.jpg

This uniform is post-Shula, the last few years of Marino, and was not around in 1972.  Whoever came up with their current design was doing us a favor.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Hat Boy said:

Miami's current uniform replaced this crappy uniform ("angry cartoon dolphin" logo and amateurish font with muddy drop shadow).

hqdefault.jpg

This uniform is post-Shula, the last few years of Marino, and was not around in 1972.  Whoever came up with their current design was doing us a favor.

While I think the post-Shula/Marino uniform had merit, it's true that the 2013-2017 uniform did not replace the "classic" Dolphins design. We also forget that that design itself went through a few changes like adding the logo to the sleeves, altering he width of the helmet stripes and changing the pants stripes.

29 minutes ago, Hat Boy said:

hqdefault.jpg

The only thing they needed to do to that uniform is take away the drop shadow and the navy accents. The logo is better than the current Sea Colony Resort logo. 

• Like 12
  • Dislike 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Miami "updating" their look to make it as sleek and soulless as possible really went under the radar as one of the worst rebrands the league's ever seen. It's akin to if the Celtics decided their logo needed mOdErNiZiNg. Dunno who the owner is but he clearly has a huge ego if he thought he was fixing a well-loved look represented by the likes of Dan Marino, Don Shula,  and the only perfect team in history

Hey now I'm pretty sure ownership spent into the high six, if not seven figures on this rebrand to not just freshen up their logo and uniforms but to position themselves as a premium lifestyle brand along the lines of louis vuitton, rolls royce etc. Reverting back to throwbacks would seriously downgrade their premium brand status to that of a franchise owner of a mid century upstart pro football league. I honestly don't understand how you could possibly drive brand activation and engagement with such a positioning. Seems like a big mistake to me.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, guest23 said:

Hey now I'm pretty sure ownership spent into the high six, if not seven figures on this rebrand to not just freshen up their logo and uniforms but to position themselves as a premium lifestyle brand along the lines of louis vuitton, rolls royce etc. Reverting back to throwbacks would seriously downgrade their premium brand status to that of a franchise owner of a mid century upstart pro football league. I honestly don't understand how you could possibly drive brand activation and engagement with such a positioning. Seems like a big mistake to me.

I would love if the owner lost money in exchange for a better logo

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nuordr said:

From Paul Lukas, 

Yesterday, however, I was interviewing a league executive about something else and got confirmation: The Cowboys will indeed be wearing both versions of the white helmet this season — one with their throwback uni and one with their CR uni. The league hadn’t initially planned on this when it allowed teams to add a second helmet color, but the Cowboys asked if they could give the white shell two different design treatments. Since the throwback and CR unis are both alternates (which means it’s permissible under league rules for them to be paired with an alternate helmet color), the league said yes.

So based on this statement about alternate uniforms, it makes me wonder if the Panthers really did designate the black jerseys the alternate to pair with a black helmet.

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

So based on this statement about alternate uniforms, it makes me wonder if the Panthers really did designate the black jerseys the alternate to pair with a black helmet.

Black is still their primary. They are just designating all black as their colorrush 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Wasn't it reported that the league considers any "alternate jersey" game to be one where either the alt jersey or alt helmet is being used? So the stupid all-black Color Rush will eat into the three blue jersey games and not any of the normal black jersey games.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 7/27/2022 at 7:18 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Apparently, when you wear an all black uniform, that “brings out the dog” in you

FYmOCL_XgAA0COh?format=jpg&name=medium

I guess he wants to be in a kennel. I guess he needs his Alpo! Brings out the dog in him? Well, I am sure the all Black and the team he is on, I think dog would be an understatement.

2 hours ago, CDCLT said:

Wasn't it reported that the league considers any "alternate jersey" game to be one where either the alt jersey or alt helmet is being used? So the stupid all-black Color Rush will eat into the three blue jersey games and not any of the normal black jersey games.

Last year the team didn't even use all three blue jersey games. And they didn't even wear blue at home. I don't think they're as concerned as us fans are.

• Like 1