NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

Question. Are NFL teams required to wear alternate uniforms? In my mind it's optional, if your team has them. Seriously, would the Rams have gotten in trouble had they chose not to wear the bone uniforms at all this season?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I will always think that when worn the way it was intended to be worn that this was a good look:

Rams-Eagles-Football-1-1-1.jpg

This was the best look in bone, yes, but it still wasn't good. The thing that has always confused me was the willingness to include white on the uniform too. It throws off the entire look, and doesn't fit the aesthetic the Rams are seemingly going for. Plus, it is almost invisible on the bone background. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

2 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Question. Are NFL teams required to wear alternate uniforms? In my mind it's optional, if your team has them. Seriously, would the Rams have gotten in trouble had they chose not to wear the bone uniforms at all this season?

I don't think there is an official requirement per say, as far as I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL pushes teams to wear alternates for money reasons. Probably why the Rams will keep it around, for now. Hoping for an accurate throwback next year with the new helmet rule.

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

24 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Nope. Not if you mean alternate jerseys. Last year, the Colts, Chiefs, and Patriots all only wore two jerseys, one white and one color. In 2019, it was those teams, plus the Packers. And the Vikings didn't wear their ugly color rush uniform in 2017 or 18.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

25 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

I don't think there is an official requirement per say, as far as I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL pushes teams to wear alternates for money reasons. Probably why the Rams will keep it around, for now. Hoping for an accurate throwback next year with the new helmet rule.

They aren't required to be worn, but they will b e worn so that they can sell some more of them. At least they are doing almost the minimum by wearing them twice. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Nope. Not if you mean alternate jerseys. Last year, the Colts, Chiefs, and Patriots all only wore two jerseys, one white and one color. In 2019, it was those teams, plus the Packers. And the Vikings didn't wear their ugly color rush uniform in 2017 or 18.

*cough cough* colts wore an alternate jersey *cough*

But yeah there are plenty of documented instances of teams foregoing the alts they have in their closet for a season or two. I believe there’s still some fan support for bone still existing while it currently isn’t popular in the building, and they still got some bone jerseys to sell so they’re getting it out of the way early against the two worst looking teams on their schedule. Best way to get it done if they gotta, imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

I agree, for some reason. It works very differently from how an NFL uniform is supposed to and they probably shouldn’t have attempted it in the first place, but something about the colors here works for me. Any other presentation of the bone jersey that isnt with both bone pants and blue socks is utter garbage.

I didn’t mind this look. However, it was unusually less appealing than bone-bone-blue

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Hurl 3
  • Dislike 1

The biggest problem with the Rams bone uniforms is the amount of white. If they were bone and blue and yellow only, it would actually look sorta good, if a little dingy.

However, the bright white uniforms in the California sun not only literally outshine them, they match the direction of the bright-and-bold rebrand far, far better.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I just can't get over the white on the sleeves and pants. If that was blue instead I might agree, but the combination of bone and white right next to each other is horrendous regardless of the sock color (although blue is miles better than bone).

I didn't like at the time it came out but I came around when I noticed that going with white allowed them to put TV numbers over the top of the sleeve details without making it look cluttered.

19 minutes ago, GFB said:

The biggest problem with the Rams bone uniforms is the amount of white. If they were bone and blue and yellow only, it would actually look sorta good, if a little dingy.

However, the bright white uniforms in the California sun not only literally outshine them, they match the direction of the bright-and-bold rebrand far, far better.

The white and yellow stripes on the bone jersey are the worst thing about it. It's a hat-on-a-hat. Wasn't enough to just make the uniforms bone-colored, which might've been okay, they also had to insert a white stripe to really drive it home like "your eyes don't deceive you, these jerseys are not white. See we put a white block here for reference." They remind me of those swatch cards dentists show in toothpaste ads to show the difference with teeth whitening.  

• Like 12

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think the bone could have worked (aside from the white stripes and the name tag on the front) if they would have just had a proper white jersey and treated it like Seattle treats their gray alternate.  Speaking of Seattle, if they are getting throwbacks next year, what goes? Gray or green? I mean they could keep them all, but I don’t think the rules allow for 5 jerseys (unless you’re the 49ers cause they’re allowed anything)

KISSwall09.jpg

15 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

My favorites are when they use Back in Black and it's a school that has never worn black before or Ice Cold when it's a school in like Texas or Arizona. 

I don't mind white over white. I do dislike adding a white helmet just to go stormtropper, like the Bengals have done. It's unnecessary. 

Unless a team adds a white helmet to make a throwback historically accurate.

If you remember the St. Louis Cardinals, from 1960-1987, then for a short while in Arizona (Phoenix Cardinals) from 1988-1989, they had the awesome stormtrooper look due to the cardinal red color having a pop that made the white very crisp.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

If you remember the St. Louis Cardinals, from 1960-1987, then for a short while in Arizona (Phoenix Cardinals) from 1988-1989, they had the awesome stormtrooper look due to the cardinal red color having a pop that made the white very crisp.

Those remain among my favorite uniforms of all time. 

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Bone was never going to work because it's not an appealing color. It's just dark enough to clash with their bright shades of blue and gold, but still way too light to work as a grey jersey. It really does look like they forgot to wash their road whites. It will always boggle my mind that a team wanted to look unsanitary and gross.

• Like 5

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12