NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

6 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Everyone complains about teams going all-in on black or white, but then one team is courageous enough to choose a different color for its road uniform and you all pitch a fit.

Can't have it both ways, friends.

It still needs to look good.  Some people (not all) criticize all black / all white, but those aren’t the only two bad options. 

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

38 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I don't mind white over white. I do dislike adding a white helmet just to go stormtropper, like the Bengals have done. It's unnecessary. 

Unless a team adds a white helmet to make a throwback historically accurate.

So is it not so much the look itself as the marketing surrounding the look?

13 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I will always think that when worn the way it was intended to be worn that this was a good look:

Rams-Eagles-Football-1-1-1.jpg

I agree, for some reason. It works very differently from how an NFL uniform is supposed to and they probably shouldn’t have attempted it in the first place, but something about the colors here works for me. Any other presentation of the bone jersey that isnt with both bone pants and blue socks is utter garbage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bathysphere said:

I agree, for some reason. It works very differently from how an NFL uniform is supposed to and they probably shouldn’t have attempted it in the first place, but something about the colors here works for me. Any other presentation of the bone jersey that isnt with both bone pants and blue socks is utter garbage.

Sunlight makes a difference too. The fabric reflects different under artificial light, which is why the white jersey is better in the Rams home stadium.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Everyone complains about teams going all-in on black or white, but then one team is courageous enough to choose a different color for its road uniform and you all pitch a fit.

This

But then again, while the bone uniform is a very cool idea in theory, I still think the white jersey looks better. Wearing bone twice a year strikes the perfect balance imo. It's a bit gimmicky but that's kinda what alternates are for, especially when all possible throwbacks look awful lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

You don't like this look?

It's one of my favorites from their new set.

• Like 3
  • Hurl 5

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

56 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I think the idea is we want to see uniform elements that aren't all the same color and instead have some contrast. Black and white are just the most common.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I agree the blue pants work for LA, particularly because not enough teams wear blue pants on the road. The Bills and Lions occasionally do. However, this is clearly the better version of the look for the Rams:

1353530365.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• Like 12
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I agree the blue pants work for LA, particularly because not enough teams wear blue pants on the road. The Bills and Lions occasionally do. However, this is clearly the better version of the look for the Rams:

1353530365.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Maybe with white or yellow socks, but the leotard look with blue pants and socks is atrocious.

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I've been an outspoken proponent of a team (specifically the Browns) trying a cream-colored road jersey. The problem is the Rams selected the ugliest shade of dishwasher-soap gray that everything looks dull then made a bad-looking jersey on top of that. They broke the cardinal rule of using off-white: never use white!

Also, all-black and all-white is a problem because of the leotard look, not specifically because of the colors. Those two are just the most common monochromatic looks and therefore draw the most ire.

So yes, we can have it both ways.

• Like 8

the user formerly known as cdclt

Just now, fouhy12 said:

I've always found it interesting that we never talk about the socks with this uniform. Obviously they're striped, but white socks with with pants to go with a colored jersey is a combination we usually don't like on this forum.

DSC08791-watermarked

I wish they had gone with the red striped socks from the original Boston Patriots uniforms but white pants/white socks works when the socks are striped.

• Like 6

the user formerly known as cdclt

21 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

I've been an outspoken proponent of a team (specifically the Browns) trying a cream-colored road jersey. The problem is the Rams selected the ugliest shade of dishwasher-soap gray that everything looks dull then made a bad-looking jersey on top of that. They broke the cardinal rule of using off-white: never use white!

Also, all-black and all-white is a problem because of the leotard look, not specifically because of the colors. Those two are just the most common monochromatic looks and therefore draw the most ire.

So yes, we can have it both ways.

On top of that, they paired that color (let's call it off-gray) with white, highlighter yellow and the brightest shade of royal blue possible, making it look dingy by contrast. 

As you said, apply something like this to the Browns road uniforms and you could be onto something nice. But drab and bright aren't meant to mix. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I will always think that when worn the way it was intended to be worn that this was a good look:

Rams-Eagles-Football-1-1-1.jpg

I just can't get over the white on the sleeves and pants. If that was blue instead I might agree, but the combination of bone and white right next to each other is horrendous regardless of the sock color (although blue is miles better than bone).

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Dislike 1

ExJworW.png

49 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Sunlight makes a difference too. The fabric reflects different under artificial light, which is why the white jersey is better in the Rams home stadium.

This. People complain about the white stripe on an off white uniform, but I do think the white and yellow stripe against the off white ends up creating an interesting glow effect in the sun. Again, it’s weird for an NFL uniform to do that, but it kinda works in ideal conditions. The sun also makes bone look a lot more like a sandy color than a dull dirty dish rag. I loved that matchup posted above against the Eagles. Of course, it shouldn’t be obscured that I vastly prefer white over yellow as their main road look and would only want to see this uniform as a clash against other yellow-pantsed teams.

53 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Nope. Id burn the Rams blue pants remorselessly. The gradient stripe is just awful, plus royal blue I think is one of the worst colors for leotard looks, which they insist on when it comes to blue pants. As long as the Rams have utilized blue pants they just have not been able to be trusted with them. And with the bone jersey specifically, I find that the bone effect that works (subjectively speaking) with the “standard” version as a gestalt falls apart when you change parts around. Contrary to bone-bone-blue, I can’t look at this without thinking “why is the jersey not white?” It just isn’t purposeful outside of its “intended” usage.

• Like 1