NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

4 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Browns are deciding between 4 field designs.

2 have variations of the elf logo at midfield. The other two have it in the endzones.

Great move. Now make one of the the primary logo and ditch the helmet.

My pick would be the running elf. 

That's what I voted for.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Browns are deciding between 4 field designs.

2 have variations of the elf logo at midfield. The other two have it in the endzones.

Great move. Now make one of the the primary logo and ditch the helmet.

My pick would be the running elf. 

I like the website name .

3 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

All of these changes with alternate helmets and uniforms are exciting, and they give us content to talk about. They justify having a message board to discuss sports uniforms. I dig it. 

The message board has been justified for at least the 18 years I've been a member, even without all this nonsense.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

In a move that everybody saw coming, the Rams have switched to white as their primary away jersey, slightly improving their still lackluster set:

Blue week 9 at Tampa Bay? I mean come on, at this point the Bucs should just make white at home permanent like the Cowboys and get it over with.

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

41 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Blue week 9 at Tampa Bay? I mean come on, at this point the Bucs should just make white at home permanent like the Cowboys and get it over with.

And for a 4:25 game after losing to the Rams in white in the playoffs. So strange. They do have lots of primetime games at home though, so hopefully that is the last time they go white at home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

I wonder what the Buccaneers will do the following week vs Seattle in Germany. They probably wear red/pewter or all pewter for that game. 

How about mono-pewter versus mono-navy? ;)

6 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

My unpopular opinion is that Bone aside, the Rams uniforms have really grown on me. My only real gripe is the gradient numbers, and they're not even that bad while watching a game

Unpopular opinion time: I have always somewhat liked those gradient numbers. I wouldn’t like them on the white or bone jersey, but on the blue they’re perfectly fine and kind of fun. 

I don’t care for the blue pants, and I wish they had a yellow alternate jersey with white pants. And of course the segmented horns are pointless. But those are my only real gripes with their look. It beats the crap out of the drab navy and white that they had been wearing before. 

• Like 4

Browns field art change: a bit of a shame, the helmet stripe-styled 50 yard line was kinda cool, and was unique to them in a subtle way.  Something they could pull off but even another "classic" team really couldn't.

• Like 6

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Those bone games feel so forced and pointless. Everyone knew they’d wear white for the opener, but then they immediately throw these two bone jersey games in there as though they just wanted to get them over with, even though no one even wants to see them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

It keeps getting worse 

FY2hdebWAAAZDyw?format=jpg&name=medium

Swaggy? Nah, more like :censored:ty. The Jets just made their uniforms even uglier with the black helmet. FFS, those are terrible uniforms even without the black.

18 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

My unpopular opinion is that Bone aside, the Rams uniforms have really grown on me. My only real gripe is the gradient numbers, and they're not even that bad while watching a game

Wish I could agree. I didn't like them when they were unveiled but wanted to see how they look on game day. They're a big MEH for me. The gradient sucks and so do the horns on the helmets, which look like goat horns and a crescent moon. Awful.

On 7/28/2022 at 3:19 PM, ManillaToad said:

Miami "updating" their look to make it as sleek and soulless as possible really went under the radar as one of the worst rebrands the league's ever seen. It's akin to if the Celtics decided their logo needed mOdErNiZiNg. Dunno who the owner is but he clearly has a huge ego if he thought he was fixing a well-loved look represented by the likes of Dan Marino, Don Shula,  and the only perfect team in history

They were becoming a luxury brand!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫