NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

37 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Need the all-time record for teams wearing black helmet/black jersey/black pants

Oh, you’ve awakened something in me. Especially given most of these are gonna be the Jags. Hold on a sec…

EDIT: do we count the Jags gradient helmet as black helmet or a gold helmet? or is gradient a separate beast entirely?

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Need the all-time record for teams wearing black helmet/black jersey/black pants

The all-time record for teams wearing all-black, that is, black helmet, black jersey, black pants, and black socks, is 48-45-0, bolstered by Baltimore, mostly, as well as Pittsburgh winning all but one of their Color Rush games. There's been exactly 1 playoff game where a team wore all-black: Jacksonville vs. Buffalo on January 7th, 2018, where Jacksonville won wearing all black, 10-3. Including all-black minus the helmet yields worse results for the black-wearing team, though I haven't finished crunching the numbers on that.

• Like 3
  • Applause 10

the user formerly known as cdclt

3 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

The all-time record for teams wearing all-black, that is, black helmet, black jersey, black pants, and black socks, is 48-45-0, bolstered by Baltimore, mostly, as well as Pittsburgh winning all but one of their Color Rush games. There's been exactly 1 playoff game where a team wore all-black: Jacksonville vs. Buffalo on January 7th, 2018, where Jacksonville won wearing all black, 10-3. Including all-black minus the helmet yields worse results for the black-wearing team, though I haven't finished crunching the numbers on that.

Thank you for your service

• Like 5

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

6 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

Goddamn it I had my legal pad out and everything lol

• LOL 2

28 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

Post of the day. Stat of the week. Etc etc.

applause-the-rock.gif

• Like 5

6uXNWAo.png

28 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

Update: the final count for teams wearing all-black, that is, a black jersey, black pants, and black socks, is 125-131-1.

The first-ever all-black was New Orleans vs. Carolina on October 14th, 2001. New Orleans, wearing all-black, won 27-25. All-black has been worn in 7 playoff games, with an all-time record of 5-2 (both losses coming from Cincinnati, actually). The one tie was Philadelphia vs. Cincinnati, with the Bengals in all-black, on November 16th, 2008, with a final score of 13-13.

The final record is really held up by the Saints, who started wearing all-black around the time they got really good. From October 29th 2017 to November 22nd 2018, they won 9 straight games in all-black. The Eagles are currently on a 7-game winning streak, stretching back to November 25th, 2018, when they beat the Giants.

Out of a total of 257 all-black games, the Saints have worn it the most, at 78, followed by the Jaguars at 47, then the Bengals at 41. The team that gets all-black worn against them most often is the Panthers, who have faced all-black 17 times (helped by being in a division with the Saints and Falcons). The Falcons are next at 16, and then the Giants at 15.

So, I can say, at least for now, that teams wearing all-black do not have that dog in 'em.

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 3
  • WOAH 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, Bruhammydude said:

The Panthers play a lot of home games early, so I'm totally expecting them to not wear the blue jerseys at all this season

@CDCLT Now I'm gonna need the all-time record of teams who primarily wear dark at home, but opt to wear white in September because white jerseys attract less heat and that will somehow help them perform better. 🙃

• Like 5

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, CDCLT said:

Update: the final count for teams wearing all-black, that is, a black jersey, black pants, and black socks, is 125-131-1.

The first-ever all-black was New Orleans vs. Carolina on October 14th, 2001. New Orleans, wearing all-black, won 27-25. All-black has been worn in 7 playoff games, with an all-time record of 5-2 (both losses coming from Cincinnati, actually). The one tie was Philadelphia vs. Cincinnati, with the Bengals in all-black, on November 16th, 2008, with a final score of 13-13.

The final record is really held up by the Saints, who started wearing all-black around the time they got really good. From October 29th 2017 to November 22nd 2018, they won 9 straight games in all-black. The Eagles are currently on a 7-game winning streak, stretching back to November 25th, 2018, when they beat the Giants.

Out of a total of 257 all-black games, the Saints have worn it the most, at 78, followed by the Jaguars at 47, then the Bengals at 41. The team that gets all-black worn against them most often is the Panthers, who have faced all-black 17 times (helped by being in a division with the Saints and Falcons). The Falcons are next at 16, and then the Giants at 15.

So, I can say, at least for now, that teams wearing all-black do not have that dog in 'em.

Thank you for your service. 🫡

Browns are deciding between 4 field designs.

2 have variations of the elf logo at midfield. The other two have it in the endzones.

Great move. Now make one of the the primary logo and ditch the helmet.

My pick would be the running elf. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Hurl 1